New hope for an Angel resurrection

nightprowler

From Clint at Moviehole..................

When WB prematurely axed vampiric fave "Angel", the last hope for our lawyerly lot seemed to lie with a series of telemovies. Though there was a lot of interest initially, there's been little mention of them in the last few months though.

TV Guide checked in with WB president David Janollari to see if there's still any chance for a WB return to the Whedonverse.

"[boreanaz] has a lot of other things going on", tells the suit, when quizzed about the proposed films. Yup, Boreanaz would rather slum it in straight-to-videro fodder than put on the attire of one of his most beloved characters again.

OK, but what about a Spike telemovie? that was mooted too, was it not? "I've never thought of that," he says, "I had not thought about it. We always thought Angel would be the character the audience would want to come back to see. We may give some thought to the Spike movie. That's interesting."

Marsters is quite keen to do this, so hopefully we'll see something cookin' soon.

Persistence is the key fans.

I think the show ended the best way it could have, given how little time they had to tie up all the loose ends. It's unfortunate, as there was so much potential for seasons 6 and 7.

I'd take any Whedonverse show right now, there are plenty of characters who could carry their own series. I just hope we see something new soon, as there has been a lot of talk but no action.

A Spike movie. Now that idea i like. :rolleyes:

James Marsters is the self promoting kinda guy so I'd guess if he could get hold of the rights to his character anything would be possible. He could set up his own company to do it.

TV movie sounds cheap though - when someone gets his autograph at CM tell him to do a Spike mini series, shoot it over her and volunteer us to be extras! Imagine a show with Spike in Britain during the 70's! :wub:

A Spike movie.  Now that idea i like.  :wub:

James Marsters is the self promoting kinda guy so I'd guess if he could get hold of the rights to his character anything would be possible. He could set up his own company to do it.

TV movie sounds cheap though - when someone gets his autograph at CM tell him to do a Spike mini series, shoot it over her and volunteer us to be extras! Imagine a show with Spike in Britain during the 70's! :(

:rolleyes:

A Spike movie.  Now that idea i like.  ;)

TV movie sounds cheap though - when someone gets his autograph at CM tell him to do a Spike mini series, shoot it over her and volunteer us to be extras! Imagine a show with Spike in Britain during the 70's! :wub:

hahaha!!!!

Love this idea!!

:D:D:P

I'd like to see a series with Spike in 1970's America, when he is in his Punk phase and around the time he kills the slayer on the train.

Down sides to this I guess are, is that James ain't getting any younger, and vampires don't age, so if it waits any longer, he won't be plausible for the part, he would have been evil in 1970's, so not sure how many people would want to see the evil Spike and Drusilla again, but would open up opportunity for Angel to appear and Darla. They would need some sort of good character in it, maybe a young Rupert Giles, played by another actor.

Any new Buffyverse series would be great, and overall I reckon a series around Faith is still the way to go.

I'd like to see a series with Spike in 1970's America, when he is in his Punk phase and around the time he kills the slayer on the train.

Down sides to this I guess are, is that James ain't getting any younger, and vampires don't age, so if it waits any longer, he won't be plausible for the part, he would have been evil in 1970's, so not sure how many people would want to see the evil Spike and Drusilla again, but would open up opportunity for Angel to appear and Darla. They would need some sort of good character in it, maybe a young Rupert Giles, played by another actor.

Any new Buffyverse series would be great, and overall I reckon a series around Faith is still the way to go.

Make up is a wonderful thing it can work wonders! SMG is actually 43 years old! :rolleyes:

And an evil Spike could work. If he had a badder guy to fight people would help him against that foe Wolfram and Hart might think his was interesting for a story plot?

I don't want to see Buffy or Angel go to TV movies :lol: . They both have a big enough following to make it to the big screen. The characters on Buffy and Angel are more well known than Firefly, but that is getting a big screen movie.

I don't want to see Buffy or Angel go to TV movies :blush: . They both have a big enough following to make it to the big screen. The characters on Buffy and Angel are more well known than Firefly, but that is getting a big screen movie.

That may be the case but the star get p*ssy about the well known characters they play. Apparently Natalie Portman only did Star Wars 3 because she was forced to by her contract. And SMG is busy distancing herself from the Buffy Franchise will all her other movies.

Make up is a wonderful thing it can work wonders! SMG is actually 43 years old! :D

She's 28... :P

I would personally LOVE to see anything with Spike as the lead. I'd want to see Andrew as a regular too....Spike's sidekick. Ohhh, the potential.

Must mention it to James, definitely. :D

Yeah I thought it had the potential to go on as long as buffy (although that did get a little poor near the end) but it definately didn't deserve pulling the plug as early on as it did.

Lets just hope we get to see some more of our loveable vamps and friends very soon

It's still a mystery to me that the WB cancelled the show in the first place. The ratings had never been higher, or so I've heard. And the show they've brought in to replace it hasn't been getting anything like the same ratings - I hope there's a few WB execs kicking themselves right now :unsure: