In Depth Statement on LFACC 3

showmasters

Is it possible to know why it was that weekend which was picked?

We chose Earls Court as the ideal venue and were looking at moving the event to a more central date in the year, and at such short notice, this was the only weekend available at the venue.

OMG did they say that anywhere round there was booked because of a U2 concert, come on Showmasters, spill any gossip you have.

I know U2 are definately in the UK in June, I'm trying to find out when and where and Earls court is one of the most likely places, since Wembley is not around anymore.

Come on showmasters tell me please LOL

Oh and have you asked Noah yet.

Oh and before I forget, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE A summer event, I just hope I can go, I'm supposed to be in Cornwall, no wait, I'm such a dumb spam, this is June, I go in July, LOL

Well count me in for drinking then, if I can go that is.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay this is great! :rolleyes: I wasn't going to go to LFCC3 because there's only so many shows/conventions I can afford to go to. But two Collectormania's and one LFACC is perfect. I assume that's what's happening in 2005 anyway?

Thanks Showmasters. We all know you try your hardest to make these shows the best possible!

Edited by Danni09

I'm only a tiny bit disappointed about the venue change because Wembley was really easy for me to get to. But what the heck! Just gotta go with the flow, and it sounds really exciting - plus it gives us all time to find tiny sunglasses for the pandas as it will be summertime!!

I was wondering why there had been no guest announcements for LFACC3!!

Good on you Showmasters, really looking forward to it and to seeing all my Crew buddies again!

Plus by making the show a bit later in the year it gives SM time to get even more fab guests on board.... PLEASE CAN WE HAVE GERARD BUTLER?!?!!!!!! :lol: Admittedly I'll probably faint if he ever guests at a show..... (sorry, girlie fan moment there..... I'm okay now... - sigh - )... seriously, I promise to behave if you get him to LFACC or CM some time. And I'll never ask Santa for anything ever again.

:P

and over the coming months you will see some huge announcements, both in terms of guests, special events, and industry representation

this is gonna be big,

they normally say major but never huge, also if sm's are saying that they must already have some pretty amzing guests

im going crazy!!!

*runs round room*

ahhhhhhhhh

A flying car? Ford are so unoriginal! Haven't they ever heard of our friend Chitty? We love him!

OMG yeah! The theives! :firedevil:

That is all good news and gives us all something to do in the summer :wub:

Davey :angel:

actually i remember reading somewhere that ford (yes, this is for real) HAVE designed a flying car... :P :P :P

there are 2 main reasons why its not likely to be released.

1)safety - needs to be safe enough to put your granny in, apparently. which this musn't be... :firedevil:

2)terrorism - too difficult to control who gets one, and too high a likelyhood of it effectively falling into the wrong hands.

and at the end of that little story, i still say i genuinely read it somewhere, a newspaper i think about a year or two ago :P:D

now, on to LFCC... these dates are pretty good for me actually, better than march would have been :D :D i might actually be able to go now :D :D

We chose Earls Court as the ideal venue and were looking at moving the event to a more central date in the year, and at such short notice, this was the only weekend available at the venue.

OMG did they say that anywhere round there was booked because of a U2 concert, come on Showmasters, spill any gossip you have.

I know U2 are definately in the UK in June, I'm trying to find out when and where and Earls court is one of the most likely places, since Wembley is not around anymore.

Oh and before I forget, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE A summer event, I just hope I can go, I'm supposed to be in Cornwall, no wait, I'm such a dumb spam, this is June, I go in July, LOL

no it won't be U2 cause they have cancelled there tour due to a family sickness

no it won't be U2 cause they have cancelled there tour due to a family sickness

U2 are my favourite band so fingers crossed (still)

Sorry to be thick - what does it clash with ?

It clashes with a convention, not another show. I'm trying to say it without mentioning the name. They're running an event the same weekend as C7. That help?

Well that doesn't really tell me any extra .....

But I have found it since on another forum - there's an apostrophy in it !

i do not believe it!!! :unsure:

last year i had to miss LFCC2 because it clashed with an event i was at and i really wanted to meet Burt Reynolds and the ALIEN(S) guests!!!

this year COLLECTORMANIA7 clashes with an event that i'm going to and now LFCC3 clashes with another event!!!

i do enjoy going to SHOWMASTERs events but i've only been to LFCC1 and if they continue to clash with other events then i am going to be missing some fantastic guests :uhoh:

i hope that this can be looked into with a bit more care in the future as its too late for C7 and LFCC3!?!

ever hopeful,

darryl.

Several people have asked where Earls Court is, and whether it is central London.

Although it has a SW London postcode (SW5 9TA) , it is really in West London. It's significantly more central in London than Wembley, with the good and bad things that that brings.

There are a lot (and I mean hundreds in total) of hotels in the immedate area - varying from big international chains down to a very large number of smaller hotels in converted houses. It's one of the reasonably priced areas where a lot of tourists stay, and also has had a very large Australian and New Zealand population for a number of years. There are also a lot of restaurants and pubs close by.

Public transport is a bit better than Wembley at its best - and for LFACC2 we saw Wembley at its worst. The counterbalancing disadvantage is that driving there can be a nightmare, and parking is relatively expensive.

As to the venue - the hall is more pleasant than the Wembley Conference centre - but when it comes to it its just another large shell with exhibition-hall-priced cafés around the edges. Plan accordingly.

Hope this helps

Nick M

The thing that annoys me most about this forum, is a large number of people think Showmasters owe them something, or are super human. I do think they do a great job and try to deliver something for everyone.

Personally I hated the Wembley venue, so am glad of the change, I found Wembley expensive for refreshments when you got inside, and lacking on anything decent to do outside.

I think we just have to give SM some space, and be glad that someone can be bothered to put on a convention, which does not rip us off.

The thing that annoys me most about this forum, is a large number of people think Showmasters owe them something, or are super human. I do think they do a great job and try to deliver something for everyone.

Personally I hated the Wembley venue, so am glad of the change, I found Wembley expensive for refreshments when you got inside, and lacking on anything decent to do outside.

I think we just have to give SM some space, and be glad that someone can be bothered to put on a convention, which does not rip us off.

Here here!!! :blink:

Personally I hated the Wembley venue, so am glad of the change, I found Wembley expensive for refreshments when you got inside, and  lacking on anything decent to do outside.

Here here!!! :blink:

When are we getting married honey....xxxx

Personally I hated the Wembley venue, so am glad of the change, I found Wembley expensive for refreshments when you got inside, and  lacking on anything decent to do outside.

Here here!!! :D

C7 after a few drinks probably!! Sounds like the kind of thing I'd do when drunk :blink:

Better make sure I never go to Vegas :wub:

C7 after a few drinks probably!! Sounds like the kind of thing I'd do when drunk :P

Better make sure I never go to Vegas :lol:

Nah, Vegas is soooo yesterday....

How about Gretna Green?????? :P

C7 after a few drinks probably!! Sounds like the kind of thing I'd do when drunk :lol:

Better make sure I never go to Vegas :D

How about Gretna Green?????? :P

Bit cold up there...it'll make your nipples go hard and show underneath the dress :o:o:D

Here here!!! :wub:

C7 after a few drinks probably!! Sounds like the kind of thing I'd do when drunk :D

Better make sure I never go to Vegas :P

How about Gretna Green?????? :o

Bit cold up there...it'll make your nipples go hard and show underneath the dress :D:D:D

My nipples are always hard honey :D

Had big trouble getting onto forum last few days. ^_^