RAW RESULTS

DavidB

• Moderators

There's absolutely no way that it'll be anything BUT Jericho. They already know the reaction they're getting for it, and hence they know how p!ssed a lot of the audience would be if it turns out sh!t.

Basically what I've been saying on a wrestling-specific forum I post on is that there have been so many returns as of late - HHH, HBK, even Edge at Survivor Series - that they don't NEED to rush Jericho back only to have him lost in the pack. And to that effect, I'm happy that they've not rushed him back. He deserves a decent build-up, but at the same time the other guys do too.

With the '19' being so prominent last night, I'm now watching with the idea of him being back the night after Survivor Series, and anything before then will be a surprise.

Edited by DavidB

With the '19' being so prominent last night, I'm now watching with the idea of him being back the night after Survivor Series, and anything before then will be a surprise.

I missed the 19 as I didn't tape it as usual and look at it frame by frame. But the 19th is obviously the Raw after SS07, and there are too many big storylines ongoing. I am just interested to see what they will do between Umaga and Triple H for Survivor Series. I just hope VKM does not get in the ring as he did with Bobby Lashley.

Also, Hornswoggle McMahon is playing a blinder at the moment. he has really come through at short notice when the Kennedy position was vacated due to Sig Pharm Scandal. I think Vince is playing it hilariously good, but Coach is the only bit I do not like. Mind you, I think William Regal is terrific. Last night when he ushered Horny in to see "Daddy" was pure Regal Gold.

• Moderators

Horny actually gets quite a good reaction from the crowd, so it hasn't been as bad as it could've been.

I just read something about Jericho that could change everything, but they didn't put a source so I'm not inclined to believe it yet.

Horny actually gets quite a good reaction from the crowd, so it hasn't been as bad as it could've been.

I just read something about Jericho that could change everything, but they didn't put a source so I'm not inclined to believe it yet.

??

??

i take your "??" and raise you a oooooooooh

please tell DB....

I'm not saying anything in case it's some idiot making something up :lol:

If it's true, it'll turn up everywhere soon enough.

we wont judge you sir, we know it isnt your understanding and only what you have heard but the curiousity is getting the better of me... it is the only thing keeping me awake... IM AT WORK!

An online report re: Jericho

Even though Chris Jericho did not show up (on camera), WWE and Jericho did a lot to try to swerve the fans last night.

For starters, one of my colleagues confirmed that Jericho actually cut his autograph signing - at the University of Penn Barnes and Noble - short last night, offering no real excuse. Those in charge of the event claimed after he left that he had to make it to the arena as soon as possible.

WWE also had the staff of the Wachovia Center block off an entire quarter of the stadium that overlooks the loading docks below. These docks are where the wrestlers arrive and leave, and also where they film the parking lot segments. Traditionally, they tend to block off access to this section whenever there's somebody showing up that they want to keep as a surprise.

It seems the WWE are playing this one to the max.

Just when you think Raw can't get ANY worse.....

I Sky+ the show this week and got bored with the DX 'skit' at the beginning and ended up fast forwarding it.... Do you know that Khali's half-ar*ed chop aside, it was over 20 minutes before there was any action... and THEN it was a Diva 'sqiuash' bout..... I can understand why Raws ratings are on teh decline.. the product is AWFUL!! Looked to me that Triple H and Shawn are having WAY too much influence on the writing/booking side of things!

The ratings have actually been going up in recent weeks with this week's Raw doing a 3.75 over the two hours. This weeks shows have been impacted by the fact that the official writers for the WWE are on strike, and the shows have been written/finalised by Vince - something that was confirmed by Jim Ross yesterday. As regards influences of Shawn Michaels & Triple H, they do have influence, but not the influence they exerted in years gone by. Both have been against bringing DX back too much as neither are as young and ready to go as they used to be. Both spend a lot go time in FCW and OVW helping school talent in how to act on the main roster. Both have been reported by Jim Ross and Shane McMahon as being very vocal about pushing talent on the roster and bringing up new talent as they cannot be around like they used to and expect the fans not to turn off. Shawn came back two months early due to Cena's injury. It took both Vince and Triple H to get him to come back. Don't be surprised to see Shawn not win the belt as he has said he cannot do the title, or any title, justice with the state of his body.

The Khali chop looked very bad, but take into account that Jonathon Coachman was the receiver and that shows why it looked so bad. Khali has improved, not much, but he has.

The Beth Phoenix/Kelly Kelly squah match was done to further build up Phoenix in the same way they did Chyna. When Candice Michelle comes back you will see her pursue Phoenix for revenge and her title.

The tag match featuring Hardy/Mysterio vs Finlay/Kennedy was not that bad. Finlay brought it down, but it was semi-decent. Word is that the inter-promotional matches will continue with a view to bringing the 3 brands into one. Higher ups are concerned that injuries are crippling the product, and this is why the majority of the product is poor now. If you see the Smackdown & ECW results, you will see the continuing new feuds/matches.

I think that they are going the right way, and the ratings for all three main shows are going up, rather than down. This has to be a good sign, and then add the returns of Jerocho, Lashley, Edge and others.

• 2 weeks later...

And no matter how much it was scripted, you could tell from the look on Randy Orton's face that he did not like the reaction accorded to Chris Jericho. I just hope that they do not rush a title match for Armageddon, but leave it for The Royal Rumble at the earliest. With it unlikely that the Edge vs Undertaker feud will now be for the title, although that may well change, we could see Jericho vs Orton at WrestleMania.

It seems that Triple H and HBK are now in the process of elevating mid carders such as Jeff Hardy, Mr Kennedy and Umaga to main event status. It also seems that Finaly is teasing a face turn.

But the reaction Y2J received as electric. God knows what people would have reacted like if they never knew it was him.

For a moment I thought Flair was genuinely retiring.

This is the start of his retirement storyline at WrestleMania 24. The current plan is for him to win every match going into Mania, but losing. However, tonight will bore out how true that is. With the rumoured matches at Mania 24 changing by the day, Orton vs Flair is possible for Mania 24 as Flair would have to win the Rumble if he entered it. Should be interesting.

Raw Results:

Match: Triple H & Jeff Hardy bt. Umaga & Snitsky - Triple H vs Jeff Hardy announced for Armageddon

Interview Ric Flair ft. Vince McMahon & Randy Orton - Flair refutes retirement rumours saying he will never retire until he dies in the ring. McMahon comes down and states that Flair's career will end when he next loses a match. Orton comes down and challeneges Flair for tonight.

Match: Bob Holly, Cody Rhodes, Hacksaw Jim Duggan & Super Crazy bt. The Highlanders & Cade and Murdoch.

Interview: Jeff Hardy ft Triple H

Interview: Mr Kennedy bad mouths HBK

Backstage: Ric Flair talks to fellow Horseman Barry Windham (looking a few pounds extra and years older) and Arn Anderson - total flashback for me!!! :thumbup:

Interview: "The Saviour" Y2J Chris Jericho - sporting an excellent Save Us 222 T-Shirt - challenges Randy Orton by using pictures. A quite humerous section until Santino Marella interupts, and a match is made between the two. Before it takes place, Santino blindsides Jerry Lawler. The match is up next.

Match: "The Saviour" Y2J Chris Jericho bt Santino Marella with a new finisher of two knees to the face whilst pulling Marella's head down onto them. Jericho then invites Jerry Lawler in to exact some revenge on Santino, which he does. During the commentary by Jericho post match, he calls the new move "The Codebreaker".

Backstage: HBK and The Nature Boy. Mutual admiration society here, but it sets up HBK saving Natch's behind. So, by my count that makes HBK and Y2J more than likely intefering tonight.

Match: Mr.Kennedy bt. Brian Kendrick with a vicious looking reverse faceplant in a short match. Kennedy then informs us of the match upcoming at Armageddon between him and HBK.

Smackdown/Survivor Series Rewind: Edge and Vicki Guerrero in her office, and then the in ring confrontation with Batista & Edge, and then Taker tombstoning Guerrero.

Backstage: Vince McMahon & Mornswoggle McMahon ft. Carlito. Humerous skit, and they are burying Carlito in the run up to his requested release. Ron Simmons enters and does the "Damn" routine.

Match: "Women's Title Match At Armageddon No.1 Contender Match" Mickie James bt. Melina.

Backstage: Guard of honour for the Nature Boy going to the ring lead by Triple H who hugs him. Also present are Arn Anderson, Barry Windham, Sgt. Slaughter, HBK, Bob Holly & Cody Rhodes, Jeff Hardy, Super Crazy and many more. They are hyping this up as his last match, but somehow I can't see it happening.

Match: Non Title Stipulation - "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair bt. "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton with a combination vintage low blow from behind, and a roll up with a handful of tights. This followed Y2J distracting a cocky Orton who was parading Flair around the ring in a neck vice ready for an RKO. Even at his age, Flair carried Orton in this macth. It shows how lacking Orton is in the ring.

• 1 month later...

I loved the mini Rumble on RAW....watching miniature versions of some of WWE's wrestlers get it on was certainly fun to watch....and I just had to laugh when Mini-Kennedy couldn't reach for his mic.

That cracked me up, and the mini Batista getting over excited at his entrance I thought he was going to bounce himself off the ramp.

• 3 weeks later...

I swear i never get bored of watching Cena FU massive ppl, love him or hate him, the guys is pure stregth

God no cena just drives me mad in everything he does only just back got a title shot taken over raw sick of the man already wish he would just go away :lol:

• 2 months later...

Just saw the three hour Raw and I was most disappointed. The King of the Ring was perfect for elevating someone up the ladder, but they give it to William Regal..*sigh*..Vince & Co dropped the ball on this one.

Also, the fake Obama vs Clinton fight went on far too long..like every second it was on. The computer game version was much better. Only if Umaga could have come out sooner..

Edited by Ducky J