RAW RESULTS

DavidB

Hey David...I will track down the articles, but the main problem was that some "so called financial experts" from some news networks started stirring the pot saying that Vince had done something illegal as the WWE is a compay owned by many shareholders. Even his large holding does not give him the right to suggest publicly, along with press conferences and official statements released to further the storyline, that part of the WWE had been sold off. Then the Stock Exchange regulator got involved as it had been suggested that the stock price was falling because of this storyline stunt. Following the announcement the shares in the WWE dropped a lot, and this is generally thought to be because of Trump's involvement. Trump has a chequred history of losing money, and this is what some shareholders thought would happen with the WWE. Even int he crowd there were signs sayign that Trump has actually made a good investment for once.

Edited by Will Jones

• 1 month later...

Caught RAW last night with Jermey Piven & Dr Ken. Some solid entertainment, but more of a set up show than anything. Swagger burying Bourne was wrong. Eva Bourne deserves better. I so hope that The Miz is gone from RAW.

Piven and Dr Ken were great sports and Ken took a bad head bump when he wasn't caught properly by Carlito, Masters and someone else I can't remember. It sounded bad on TV.

Not looking forward to next week as it is Slaughter hosting!!!

Are you watching the same show that i am??? Dr Ken was a complete tool and most annoying person ive seen since Maven on WWE screens.

Piven was the worst guest host yet and even got the name of the ppv wrong. The opening segment was terrible but couldnt prepare anyone for how terrible the main event would be.

As for Slaughter, hell be a damn sight more impressive than this weeks offering...........oh and if HHH buries Priceless anymore theyll be even more worthless than Mae Young

Well Jake, I could and will same the same to you..are we watching the same show?

I know tastes are different, and that you said you were only going to watch Smackdown some time back, but Raw was perfectly scripted and played off to a fine point.

Look at the celebrity guest hosts and all have been favourites with the crowd. Shaq and Seth Green got monster pops.

Piven and Dr Ken played their roles as they do in their films and TV work. Piven is always the way he is when he was on Raw. Dr Ken is always a tool in his film roles. It is his stand up comedy role as well.

Watch the show again and it was a heel turn waiting to happen and shouting from the rooftops from the opening credits. He, as well as some of the WWE talent, helped him play up the promoting of his film. It was done to excess to show that Piven and Dr Ken were there for one reason and one reason only. Their work. Throughout the days in the run up to Raw, Piven was posting on Twitter.

The opening segment was deliberate. Give Cena the match with the stips for Miz. Kiss ass to Cena by fluffing the "Summerfest" line - that was so obvious. Why have Cena correct it if it wasn't deliberate? Cena wasn't connected to the back like the announcers and the ref.

You have the stips for Miz that gives Miz nothing to gain, and everything to lose.

Next you have the **** take out of Chavo aka Charro....

The Mark Henry thing was obvious as Piven had Tweeted about him earlier in the day.

Then you have the US Title match for Big Show. The only thing there was that it was an obvious DQ as neither Kingston or Show could be buried due to ongoing storylines and directions.

So, before the main event we have the Triple H vs The Legacy (fna Priceless). How was that a burial? Priceless continue to grow each match with Rhodes finally improving. You had to have Triple H get some good offence in as he is a multi time World Title holder. You then have the ageing main eventer frustrated sayign he cannot understand why he can't beat them. Going on about gang warfare, Evolution etc. Always saying he used to be able to do what they are doing to him. Summerslam advertising had given away that HBK was coming back. This match was a set up. Then you have the post match "suck it" part, followed by the backstage phonecall where someone (hinted at being Shawn) hung up on Trips. There is even rumour that HBK might only show up to save Trips at Summerslam with a tag match at the next PPV. Triple H is building up the next crop of main eventers. So is Cena. Orton is being matured into the top dog, and Legacy as the top group.

Then we have the main event. As soon as Cena and The Miz came out before the Lumberjacks you could see the swerve from outer space. The main event was meant to be a legal beatdown with The Miz losing. But, in order to keep Cena looking good for SummerSlam, you had to have the second swerve with him winning.

Post match you had Piven do a spot, with Ken taking a wicked bump that no way was deliberate. That was the only screw up.

So, we all have different tastes, but Raw was scripted well and pulled off well.

Oh, and Jericho is a company man who is getting a monster push. If the Summerfest line by Piven was a spam up, why would Jericho take the ****? His Tweet the following day was in character. End of.

As regards Slaughter, I expect a flat Raw as when DiBiase Sr hosted.

RAW this week was better than I thought it would be. The Sgt. Slaughter bits were quite funny. The way the crowd honestly thought The Hitman was there was priceless.

The RKO off of Cena's shoulder's was a tasty spot. Big Show is definitely getting better on the stick since pairing up with Jericho.

The DX stuff was the same old stuff, but they seem to keep it fresh - weird...

The mid level guys are finally getting a decent build up. Jack Swagger, MVP and Evan Bourne seem to be getting a decent push. In a wise move they are keeping them away from Orton, Triple H and Cena which mean that they won't get buried so soon.

RAW is defintiely improving, but still needs a lot of work.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Caught Raw this week for the first time in ages (plus Matty Hardy was there lol) there is a mad up roar about Justin being strangled. whats everyone think about the PG crap? i cant stand it makes raw boring

However what they have said is u cant choke anyone with your tie but you can bully a man with 7 off your mates and bash his head in with a chair lolol

Hi Vampess...long time no chat.

The WWE have yet to reveal why Bryan Danielson was released, btu there is a lot of rumour mongering going on.

Whether this is legit or a work is anyone's guess. I can understand canning Anderson/Kennedy due to peer pressure, but The American Dragon can wrestle.

I feel that he is being made a scapegoat to protect Linda's Senate campaign. It is common knowledge ion wrestling circles, with admissions by several WWE employees at ringside, that only a handful of people nkew what was going on. If they have not put down limits for the NXT crew, then Danielson has been shafted big time. There was another NXT Graduate who tried to choke Cena with the ring rope...why has he got his job then?

I feel that this is a work and Danielson will be brought back as Danielson at the "request" of Cena.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Bringing this section back to life (Hopefully), if people are going to contribute.

This weeks episode of Raw was bloody awesome. The matches were mainly all high calibre, Sheamus vs Bryan, Christian vs Kane & Orton vs Punk. The Wyatt Family debut was long awaited and worked perfectly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

After a torrid time of injuries for the WWE, and the out of the blue retirements of Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson and his wife Brianna "Brie Bella" Danielson due to injuries from multiple concussions (Danielson) and wanting to car for her husband and make some babies (Mrs Danielson), this past Monday saw the final two pieces of the "New Japan Pro Wrestling 4" finally debut for the WWE.

AJ Styles debuted at the Royal Rumble in January.

Shinsuke Nakamura debuted at NXT Takeover Dallas in April during WrestleMania week.

and finally the two mainstays of the Bullet Club came to town with a bang....

Machine Gun Karl Anderson and Luke "Doc" Gallows appeared post match to attack The Usos before disappearing through the crowd.

Monday & Thursday nights just went up a few notches with the appearance of the "Biz Cliz"

• 6 months later...

CM Punk sucks.

OK I get that the IWC are in love with the guy, but he is massively overrated IMO, the guy does a handful of moves and all he talks about on the mic is how cool and "Straight Edge" he thinks he is, BORING! And yeah the World is now crying about Roman Reigns, because the IWC thinks he got his big push 2 years ago nearly at the expense of their other Boyfriend Daniel Bryan, who was already on the injured list at that point and his in-ring career is pretty much over now that he's the GM on Smackdown.

He's a better GM that Mick Foley though, all Foley does is literally kiss Seth Rollins's a overrated spam, and why did Goldberg return on Raw to probably job to Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series? Just because Vince McMahon is in love with Brock because he's big, does 3 moves and has no mic skills?