RAW RESULTS

DavidB

As for titles, Punk to cash in MITB after Cenas match at Backlash to take the gold over to SD??

I was thinking the exact same thing as it is too obvious for Edge to win the title back so soon with Cena still on Raw. Punk doing it at the PPV will bring something fresh to the MITB briefcase. Also, did you see him looking at Cena with the belt last week on Raw when they had the post WrestleMania 10 Man tag?

I think MVP may restart his feud with Matt on Raw, but I couldn't see Matt or MVP going into the Main Event area yet. Although, MVP might get a rub over the next year seeing as Jericho, Punka nd Rey have left for SD.

As for titles, Punk to cash in MITB after Cenas match at Backlash to take the gold over to SD??

I was thinking the exact same thing as it is too obvious for Edge to win the title back so soon with Cena still on Raw. Punk doing it at the PPV will bring something fresh to the MITB briefcase. Also, did you see him looking at Cena with the belt last week on Raw when they had the post WrestleMania 10 Man tag?

I think MVP may restart his feud with Matt on Raw, but I couldn't see Matt or MVP going into the Main Event area yet. Although, MVP might get a rub over the next year seeing as Jericho, Punka nd Rey have left for SD.

if they do give punk the belt i hope he goes heel with it...

the only thing i thought, that is a lot of title changes in a VERY short space of time.

i think there has been way to many belt changes the past few months too

Jake, do you honestly think matt hardy and MVP are main event material?

so far i think they messed up the draft big time, the only way it could have been worse is if Batista moved back to SD and started another fight with edge and taker

look at the US title now, more specifically the Raw mid card, its bloody awful, at-least SD has got that going for them

SD only has 4 proven main eventers now with 2 maybe 3 that could pull it off, whilst raw gets 6 guys who are all former world champs and have been tried ad tested

its like they dont care about SD and have forgotten ECW all together

but the biggest mistake they made the whole night was MIZ

WHY? if you are gonna split them up at-least put the talented one on the bigger show

I wouldnt say that Matt and MVP are ready for main event and world title shots now but i do think they had a better chance of progressing before they were moved to Raw.

Id heard that they wanted to load Raw again and thats certainly what theyve done. HBK,HHH,Cena,Orton,Batista, Big Show all at the top of the card compared to Edge, Jeff (maybe) and Taker on the blue brand.

Completely agree with the midcard, SD has in the recent years of the draft been about not just the main event but whats going on beneath it with the likes of Shelton, MVP, the Hardyz etc.

I note that Punk reckons hes going to call someone out at Judgement day rather than use a sneak attack. If he does do this then itll be in his home town so he'll be the face regardless of who he fights. At least if he snuck up on Cena at Backlash he could potentially be a heel.

I think SD will benefit from the Supplemental draft as id hope that the likes of Evan Bourne, Morrison and Christian will all get the nod to move to Friday nights, and if they do then SD will fast become the show to watch in my opinion.

Of course all of this means nothing as people regularly seem to turn up where they want when they want so lets hope that they try to stick to their brands abit more this time out.

Oh and ECW, does anyone actually care about that show anymore, Tommy Dreamer is about the best thing they have and everyone else is either a misfit that they dont have room for elsewhere (finley, Henry etc) or youngsters who are being tested for future moves to the big shows (Bourne, Swagger)

The reason SD is being scaled down is because thwe move to MyNetwork is backfiring slightly. The network itself has been downgraded and SD is the only new material show with the rest, or majority of, being re runs.

As Vince gets most advertising income and exposure from Raw, it is rumoured he is making that the number one show with SD being used to elevate talent further. With the rumoured storyline of merging all of the titles by WrestleMania next year, you could see a whole different SD in a year's time.

• 3 weeks later...

Mixed bag on Raw this week.

The bad - Orton beating up a McMahon again, sorry but ive seen enough of this now and hopefully that will be the end of that. Regal being crowbarred into a new feud with MVP, alas this seems to be the end of MVPs rub with the top of the card for the time being. John Hogan, anything with this gimp just does my head in.

The good - MVP being involved for a second week running with the top talent on the roster, as mentioned above however i think this is the last we will see of this for the time being. The Miz calling out Hogan again and burying him with some quality material about movie scripts, made me smile did that.

I think that MVP vs Regal is just a side feud to keep MVP ticking. He is being put into the main event as the WWE finally seem to realise that new faces/heels are needed. The same goes for The Miz.

The same is happening on Smackdown as Morrison going face was quicker than orignially planned according to reports, but he is still being touted as HBK's replacement in ring style wise. Also, with The Undertaker potentially taking a long period off to have surgery on his knees and hip, and the future of Jeff Hardy up in the air, it seems CM Punk is being pushed as a major Face.

• 2 weeks later...

he said in loads of interviews recently that he really misses wrestling, lots more than he thought he would and said if Shawn agreed to it he would love to come back but only in a way that didnt completely tarnish what WWE did for him last year.

ive not seen all of RAW yet but after Judgement Day and what i have seen of RAW so far, i think they are doing a pretty good job getting him involved.

His arms looked massive at Judgement day!

Looks like Flair may be back with Legacy taking on Evolution........guess 14 months of retirement is better than 12 :D

Do you not mean with Evolution taking on Legacy?

As regards Flair returning to wrestling, he has commented that he misses it big time but does not want to become the washed up has been Jericho mentioned in the storyline. If he returns as anything, it could well be as Dave Batista's mentor for the proposed storyline of the two world titles being unified at WrestleMania XXVI.

Im sorry but its a nonsense. Flair got a send off like no other last year and the fact that just over a year later hes back fighting the top end of the card is a joke and quite frankly proves that he is exactly like Rourke in the Wrestler and cant let it go.

Flair has not ben a great wrestler for many years and is fondly remembered for recent matches because of how his opponents have carried him to good matches (HBK at Mania is a prime example). The fact that hes accepted and cheered just shows how fickle the WWE audience is and how shallow the talent pool is (actually the pool is deep but hardly anyone is used as a main eventer because the top spots are hogged by the select few).

If there is a match between the two groups then shame on the WWE and shame on Flair and i hope they do a show where everyone takes back the tributes and farewells.

As for the rest of Raw, what the hell are they doing?? The Miz loses all momentum by cutting a terrible promo and then is pointlessly interrupted by Lawler in a nonsensical angle. The travesty that is Santino/Santina continues and now Regal has been dragged into the mess, poor William. Hogan now wants a title shot, god help us all just give the man the belt, bring back Hogan senior and let them spend the next 6 years or so not putting each other over in countouts and DQs.

Oh and poor Kendrick, if only youd tow the line you wouldnt be dragged down to the sad low level comedy acts group.

• 3 weeks later...

Just caugt Raw from this Monday and I am liking the development of Legacy. It is reminding me of vintage Horseman with Orton in the Flair role, and Rhodes/Di Biase in the Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard roles.

The Edge/Vickie part was brutal. Edge was on form with delivery, and the start of a potential face turn.

Just caugt Raw from this Monday and I am liking the development of Legacy. It is reminding me of vintage Horseman with Orton in the Flair role, and Rhodes/Di Biase in the Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard roles.

The Edge/Vickie part was brutal. Edge was on form with delivery, and the start of a potential face turn.

well seing as "SPOILER" Mr Punk is being heavily rumoured going heel, and is infact billed in a house show tagging with the big show v jeff and rey

then it might be a good thing, especially with Christian being face now too

Legacy need an enforcer.......badly, i refuse to believe that Cody and Ted are at all treating

and is it me, or is Golddust looking fantastic, i mean really good?

Wow, John Hogan continues to feud with the Show, id have thought we'd all be tired of that by now. Oh and HHH vs Orton is back on............is it 2007????

Oh and i really LOVE the Trump angle (not), was done really badly (clearly not live) and whilst it has potential to be huge over the summer itll just disappear when the ratings dont improve and itll be just like the invasion all over again.

On a positive note the Miz is still the best thing on Raw right now

Wow, John Hogan continues to feud with the Show, id have thought we'd all be tired of that by now. Oh and HHH vs Orton is back on............is it 2007????

Oh and i really LOVE the Trump angle (not), was done really badly (clearly not live) and whilst it has potential to be huge over the summer itll just disappear when the ratings dont improve and itll be just like the invasion all over again.

On a positive note the Miz is still the best thing on Raw right now

its already gotten them a s*** load of press so job done i reckon.

I enjoyed the show on a whole but my fave matches were the ic title and world title triple threat which just shows how exciting smackdown is right now

Although The Miz is improving, he is far from the best thing on Raw IMHO. Like Randy Orton has been doing in recent months, he needs to hone his skills before going to the next level. His mic skills are above average, but his in ring skills are abysmal.

Although The Miz is improving, he is far from the best thing on Raw IMHO. Like Randy Orton has been doing in recent months, he needs to hone his skills before going to the next level. His mic skills are above average, but his in ring skills are abysmal.

thank god! some one else who isnt in awe of the miz, every wrestling board ive seen has been raving about how he is main event material and is the best thing on raw!!!!! WHY

lets put it into perspective, he's called cena out when he knows cena aint there, he was getting a beating from an injured cena, he's bragging like a little chav and is pathetically hitting on maryse and he's shot a midget with a t-shirt gun

and his mic skills suck, he cant do intense! he can do taking the **** and thats all

they give him this big push and bury Morrison in mid card!!!!!! its a joke

The Miz is simply "AWESOME". Miz 7 Cena 0. Come on its a bit of fun. :YAHOO:

i know its a bit of funny but ppl are seriously thinking he IS AWESOME and he is simply not

its like ppl saying Santina is hot, we're joking he's joking its all good but Miz is just terrible and its not even a joke its a serious push!!!

i think Mick Foley said it best whilst talking to Morrison "John you have amazing Abs but do you have a special work out for your lower back.......you know cause you carry the Miz all the time"

thank god! some one else who isnt in awe of the miz, every wrestling board ive seen has been raving about how he is main event material and is the best thing on raw!!!!! WHY

lets put it into perspective, he's called cena out when he knows cena aint there, he was getting a beating from an injured cena, he's bragging like a little chav and is pathetically hitting on maryse and he's shot a midget with a t-shirt gun

and his mic skills suck, he cant do intense! he can do taking the **** and thats all

they give him this big push and bury Morrison in mid card!!!!!! its a joke

Id rather see The Miz get his shot than seeing Batista again, or HHH again, or Show again or John Hogan again blah blah blah. Im not saying the Miz is a good wrestler but at least hes different from the usual crap. Nice to see the Trump angle already appears to have died on its ass, wonder how much that was down to the shares dropping cause nobody 'got' what was going on.

Personally i think the WWE and TNA are competing for the stupiest booking on a week by week basis. WWE would win had it not been for Joe handing the belt to Kurt which itself was only slightly less stupid than saying his mission was to 'kill' Kurt in the first place.

Id rather see The Miz get his shot than seeing Batista again, or HHH again, or Show again or John Hogan again blah blah blah. Im not saying the Miz is a good wrestler but at least hes different from the usual crap. Nice to see the Trump angle already appears to have died on its ass, wonder how much that was down to the shares dropping cause nobody 'got' what was going on.

Personally i think the WWE and TNA are competing for the stupiest booking on a week by week basis. WWE would win had it not been for Joe handing the belt to Kurt which itself was only slightly less stupid than saying his mission was to 'kill' Kurt in the first place.

is it possible that you just hate Cena so much you can't see how bad the Miz is

there is a reason why HHH, Orton and Cena always have the belt, they can pull it off or can atleast rely on there opponent to carry them

look at Cena, he's not a Wrestler, but his mic skills are great and he can work a crowd better than anyone, you put him with HHH, Orton or Edge and he's in safe hands, you put him with Batista who isn't the best in the ring and sure enough they end up messing up and hurting each other

Miz is as bad as cena in ring and isn't great on the mic, he can't headline!

i would rather watch HHH v Orton for the millionth time than watch one of them carry a guy who isn't good enough

if Miz was on SD i would prob be pushing him for an IC shoot and give him a chance, what they are doing is the same thing as Koslov, shoving him down our throats and just throwing him in with the main event when he isn't ready!!

i really hoped they would have dropped his story by now just like they did with TBK, they could have put them together but the messed that up

First I've heard of that. I'd be interested to read more about that if you have a link?

i did hear this, if it was a story line it would have been fine but it was because they did like press realeases and stuff like sending it to news networks that they got in trouble

but they could have got around it easily, its just like the Kennedy Estate in america, it valued at over 4 million or something probably more but it last sold for......$1 to keep it in the family, if vince sold it to trump for $1 it would have been fine too