Harry Potter and...

Davey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*clears throat*

Book : BEST ONE! it's my fabourite ;) and it's the first book my second favourite character is introduced... Lupin!

FILM:

as a film, I really like it.

as an adaptation of a book, it sucks.

WOW! go you! I totally agree although my fave character isnt Lupin, its Hagrid and Neville they always have been and always probably will be!

The book is the best book ever! I read it in like 3 hours! I never put it down once! ^_^

you know i just realised that i spelt favourite wrong in that first reply... ah well.

My favourite character is Ron, as you probably know Davey, and he always will be. Up until Lupin came along I think Hagrid was probably second, but then Lupin came and pushed him into third... ah well. who'd argue? he's a werewolf dontcha know?!

But yea. tis my favourite. I love that Harry blows up his Aunt. Not just cuz it's funny, but cuz it means Harry's finally getting angry. I mean yea he's got angry before, but I like that he's finally asking REAL questions, and finding out REAL answers.

I love that Ron breaks his leg. It's such a silly thing, but it makes me giggle. And it does brake in the book doesn't it? It's not just my over-active imagination?! he doesn't in the film tho. Another thing they got wrong.

Going on to that... they didn't explain who Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs were, or that they made the map. Or why Harry's patronus is a Stag...

*has said too much*

its my favourite book too! I love the film though.

However, My main gripe about the film is that they changed the location - how daft was that? Does continuity mean anything? :P:D

I love emma thompson, but I think her portrayal of trewlaney was awful - i think rickman hit it on the head when we were discussing it - that she did not take the role seriously........!

I also do not like the way both sirius and lupin in discussions with harry seem to concentrate on discussing harry's mother rather than his father - and how much hermione is like lily (I mean, i think everyone agrees that JK is heading towards a ron and hermione thing in the books, but all the lilly/hermione comparing seems more harry/hermione thing). Sirius and Lupin are friends of harry;s dad! and i think that was missed.

and ALSO:::

where on earth was the prongs is harry;s dad and they made the marauders map thing - that was a major mistake in the film and a major missing of the plot point! :huh: Everyone who has seen the film and not red the book that i have spoken too is asking about the relevance of the stag and how lupin knew about the marauders map!

Edited by Poppy

its my favourite book too! I love the film though.

However, My main gripe about the film is that they changed the location - how daft was that? Does continuity mean anything? :rolleyes::D

I love emma thompson, but I think her portrayal of trewlaney was awful - i think rickman hit it on the head when we were discussing it - that she did not take the role seriously........!

I also do not like the way both sirius and lupin in discussions with harry seem to concentrate on discussing harry's mother rather than his father - and how much hermione is like lily (I mean, i think everyone agrees that JK is heading towards a ron and hermione thing in the books, but all the lilly/hermione comparing seems more harry/hermione thing). Sirius and Lupin are friends of harry;s dad! and i think that was missed.

and ALSO:::

where on earth was the prongs is harry;s dad and they made the marauders map thing - that was a major mistake in the film and a major missing of the plot point! :blush: Everyone who has seen the film and not red the book that i have spoken too is asking about the relevance of the stag and how lupin knew about the marauders map!

Dont even get me started! I had a big rant about what was left out and what they put in! It brings a lump to my throat! :D

They really did need the whole Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs thing! It would have been better than the tree scenes <_<

Hagrid's house has changed in this film hasn't it? I mean, its location? Was it like that in the book?

Yeah kinda! The hut in the third film was deffinatly more accurate than PS and COS, but it wasnt very continuity of the films :rolleyes:

i love PoA as a book, definatley my fav.... seems a popular choice too!

as for the movies, i f***ing loved the changes - but think they should have been there from the satrt rather than BEING changes.... cuz people jsut got confused.

i went to see it with a group of people and they were ALL asking me about bits of it cuz they didnt pick up on the changes etc...

i really did love the way things had been changed though, much more like how i had ikagied places to look!

Why oh why do they change things halfway through! :wub:

i know, i was really annoyed!

also who is that kid - the quite chubby one? He seems to have stolen all dean thomas's lines, but dean thomas actor kid is still in there as well - so do we have like 2 dean thomas's now? (i;m not sure if tehy are actually dean thomas;s lines, but definately stuff he should have said! Like a grim is....)