There is one MAJOR SW guest that SMs need .....

dufresne

Ok this is what I've just been told. Apparently Showmasters advertised him as being at a Kenner show at Wolmsley Hall (?) or something years ago and he knew nothing about it and therefore believes that he was made to look as if he was letting fans down when he wasn't and now he wants nothing more to do with showmasters. I don't know how much of this is true this is what my mate who attended the actual show just told me.

No mentioning other shows on this board, thank you.

He got a ton of muck about 'ripping off fans'.

Whole page in the Sunday People, apparently a 'big fan' from Preston drove down to London, thinking he'd get Daniels' auto for free, then, after queueing for hours, and going past a sign saying how long the queue would be, and how much the auto would be etc, got a surprise when asked for the 25 quid tag.

In that 25 quid, you had a photo with Daniels, a chat, (longer than with Fisher, me thinks)and a memento photo of you, the item, and Daniels.

Apparently this 'fan' had got autos from bigger stars than Daniels before, and for free.

The gist of the story was that evil Daniels was ripping off kids by asking for so much for an auto. As if anyone would lower autosd for kids... then you'd not get adults getting autos, but the kids, on the cheap..

Edited by fox mulder

I know I have posted this before , but having met AD I have to stick up for him. He is a really nice guy and took the time to chat with me ( and other fans ) for ages.

Also, I dont think he takes himself too seriously and I got the impression if you went up to him giving it the star treatment he would be a little aloof.

However I found him a great bloke - get him for any show and Ill be there !!

On the subject of kids autos - when I saw him there were quite a few kids in the Q and he did photos standing with a giant C3PO cut-out - pretty cool !

Anyway back on topic. I have met AD a few times once at a con and other times when he came into my work place. He's always been really nice and pleasant to talk to.

As for free autographs if someone gets them they are lucky, but personally if you go to a con expecting to get free ones then you are in for a disappointment.

Edited by fox mulder

In that 25 quid, you had a photo with Daniels, a chat and a memento photo of you, the item, and Daniels.

So you had two different posed photos with him? That seems odd, why would you need two photos, one with the item and one without?

Moony:

Where or what line of work are you in?

greedo_uk:

I too would stick up for Daniels. I met him at that other con in May and I saw him chat nicely to all fans. I remember that he even stuck out his hand first to shake mine and was generally pleasant. But I do recall seeing him giving more attention to young kids though as someone pointed out already and I think he gave one of them an extra (and free) auto...but maybe that was just a special kid.

I know I have posted this before , but having met AD I have to stick up for him. He is a really nice guy and took the time to chat with me ( and other fans ) for ages.

Also, I dont think he takes himself too seriously and I got the impression if you went up to him giving it the star treatment he would be a little aloof.

On the subject of kids autos - when I saw him there were quite a few kids in the Q and he did photos standing with a giant C3PO cut-out - pretty cool !

Here here! i found him to be great and really attentive and chatty which is more than can be said about alot of stars. And he's been in all 6 films :angry:

Here here! i found him to be great and really attentive and chatty which is more than can be said about alot of stars. And he's been in all 6 films :lol:

because he's so chatty, though, sm might be forced to either rush the queue, or else charge more money than ppl are willing to pay. i've noticed a figure of £25 on this thread - for many ppl, they thought this too much at C6 for ANY guest (i think it was charged for carrie fisher.) now, carrie is someone i've heard of - i have NEVER heard of antony daniels that i am aware of. but if he would try to charge the same as carrie for doin a con... well, don't expect him to be as chatty, or as cheap.

:pyth: I had the 'pleasure' of meeting Mr Daniels before and he was friendly if somewhat aloof, but at this show, can't mention the name obviously, but it was in England, everybody in the hall was ten quid and he was £23.00, I paid my money 'cos I had a cast shot, but a lot of the punters were well miffed. I would still like to see him again though, even though he has been in Star Wars Lite.

greedo_uk:

I too would stick up for Daniels. I met him at that other con in May and I saw him chat nicely to all fans. I remember that he even stuck out his hand first to shake mine and was generally pleasant. But I do recall seeing him giving more attention to young kids though as someone pointed out already and I think he gave one of them an extra (and free) auto...but maybe that was just a special kid.

Thanks Nicky - nice to have someone stick up for him !!

I met him in May and found him to be OK but the whole "altar" arrangement he was stood at was a bit odd.

At this show there were some quite big stars a certain actor who has appeared in T2 and X Files and a number of high profile Trek actors all sat at regular tables etc. Daniels on the other hand had this raised pplatform he was stood at with a large display of Star Wars things. Kind of a hey look at me type thing.

While he was signing he just walked off his stage and started talking to me while I was in the queue which was a bit odd. There were plenty of people waiting and I frankly found the whole thing a bit unsettling if you know what I mean!