Goonies Reunion

mightymax

Would you be interested in a Goonies Reunion?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Goonies Reunion?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

I thought I would give this one a blast to see what you lot think about the idea. I think it would be great to have cast re-union on one of the films that we grew up with. From what I can gather one of the cast has already attended a previous SM event. I know it wouldn't be a complete one as the woman that played the "enemy" that looked like a bloke has passed away, but it would still be nice to get the rest! What you guys think??

I am one of the few that didn't watch this movie growing up...I grew up watching a lot of Arnie and Joel Silver movies.

I voted no basically cos the cast doen't really exite me.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh Nicky...noooooooooooooo, the GOONIES RULE!!!

Ahem...sorry about that! Dear childhood memories!!

Hell yeah, get the cast...

Sean Astin

Corey Feldman

JONATHAN KE QUAN!!!! (been begging for that one for god knows how long)

etc etc

PLEASE :lol:^_^

I would like to meet Ke Hu Quan cos he was Short Round in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom and he could sign my poster with Pat Roach's sig too.

The main reason why I didn't like The Goonies was cos Temple Of Doom had already come out before that and was much fresher, original, mature and a lot less annoying. By the time The Goonies came around, it was nothing new and it certainly had nothing on Indy.

I would like to meet Ke Hu Quan cos he was Short Round in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom and he could sign my poster with Pat Roach's sig too.

The main reason why I didn't like The Goonies was cos Temple Of Doom had already come out before that and was much fresher, original, mature and a lot less annoying. By the time The Goonies came around, it was nothing new and it certainly had nothing on Indy.

YEAH!!! Shorty...he is SO cool :lol:

Not quite sure why you compared the two films (apart from JKQ), but I do agree that Indiana Jones is better...just ^_^

"Monkey brains"

Hehe :D

Not quite sure why you compared the two films (apart from JKQ), but I do agree that Indiana Jones is better...just  :wub:

Temple Of Doom ..................................................The Goonies

Summer release 1984...........................................Summer release 1985

Ke Hu Quan...........................................................Ke Hu Quan

Steven Speilberg..................................................Steven Speilberg

Kathleen Kennedy.................................................Kathleen Kennedy

Frank Marshall.......................................................Frank Marshall

Booby traps..........................................................Booby traps

Treasure (sacred rocks)........................................Treasure (gold)

Lots of caves..........................................................Lots of caves

Swords..................................................................Swords

Big scary bloke (Cheif Thugee)..............................Big scary bloke (Sloth)

A woman that screams a lot..................................A girl that screams a lot

She snogs the rugged leading man.......................She snogs the rugged leading boy

Edited by nicky

Not quite sure why you compared the two films (apart from JKQ), but I do agree that Indiana Jones is better...just  :wub:

Temple Of Doom The Goonies

Summer release 1984 Summer release 1985

Ke Hu Quan Ke Hu Quan

Steven Speilberg Steven Speilberg

Kathleen Kennedy Kathleen Kennedy

Frank Marshall Frank Marshall

Booby traps Booby traps

Treasure (sacred rocks) Treasure (gold)

Lots of caves Lots of caves

Big scary bloke (Cheif Thugee) Big scary bloke (Sloth)

A woman that screams a lot A girl that screams a lot

She snogs the rugged leading man She snogs the rugged leading boy

LOL ok then...at ease :P

Point taken and accepted :wub:

f*** YEAH!

bring 'em on, man! It's certainly a possibility, considering a handful of the film's stars have already appeared at an SM show - good relationships go a long way, y'know. :wub:

...Indy better than The Goonies, my spam! :wub:

Goonies was the first film I bought on video (after renting a betamax version!)

I still have that and the book (childhood memories :D )

The only bug bear I have is that the octupus scene was never restored into the movie. I believe it is on the dvd but only as an extra function. I'm sure someone will correct me on that if it isn't true. One of the funniest scenes when Mouth does the translations with the maid forever got altered on the tv versions which was always irritating. Although the year I saw ITV cut/change things in Ghostbusters I found highly weird .... I mean why mess with a classic :wub:

You just can't compare some movies with others sorry :unsure:

Anyway, I missed Sean Astin and Corey Feldman at one Collectormania, so I'd definitely be up for it.