Urgent question!

Hi. Apologies if this in the wrong forum, but I've looked around the FAQ and done a search and can't find an answer, and I e-mailed Showmasters days ago and they haven't replied, but I need to know something.

Basically, I only heard about the LFCC a few days ago, so didn't have time to book tickets or anything. What I want to know is: can I just turn up on the day and still hope to get in?

I mean, that's a pretty nifty guest-list, and £5 for a London convention is beyond a bargain, so is this thing going to be so popular that only those who have booked tickets in advance will get in? I don't mind queuing, but I don't really want to turn up just to be turned away.

I've been skimming through some of your threads and a lot of you seem to have gone to the last convention, so I'm hoping you veterans can help just another damn newbie. Cheers.

Hi. Apologies if this in the wrong forum, but I've looked around the FAQ and done a search and can't find an answer, and I e-mailed Showmasters days ago and they haven't replied, but I need to know something.

Basically, I only heard about the LFCC a few days ago, so didn't have time to book tickets or anything. What I want to know is: can I just turn up on the day and still hope to get in?

I mean, that's a pretty nifty guest-list, and £5 for a London convention is beyond a bargain, so is this thing going to be so popular that only those who have booked tickets in advance will get in? I don't mind queuing, but I don't really want to turn up just to be turned away.

I've been skimming through some of your threads and a lot of you seem to have gone to the last convention, so I'm hoping you veterans can help just another damn newbie. Cheers.

£10 on the door for Saturday early bird (9.00 a.m.)

£5 on the door for Saturday normal entry (From 11.00 a.m.)

£5 on the door for Sunday (From 10.00 a.m.)

Most of the talks are free, but you will have to pay for autos.

• Showmasters Admin

As the others have said it is pay at the door. I've never heard of one of these events having to turn ppl away because there were too many ppl there.

One thing I will point out is that this isn't a Convention with a BIG "C", it is an event.

What I mean by that is that nothing is included (apart from a couple fo free talks). Because you get in DOESN'T mean you get to see the guests. And you will (unless they are very quiet) have to pay extra (£10-£25) for an autograph to get to meet them.

If you already know this great, but I didn't want you to get the wrong idea, turn up and be dispointed.

Yes, I knew all that. God knows I've read through the rest of the site enough times looking for answers. :) I only called it convention because, well, that's what the second C in LFCC stands for, right?

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your responses. You've alleviated some worries I was having.

Another quick question, if I may (for the veterans): what are the queues likely to be like? I don't mean inside. I've read all about virtual queuing, and half the people going seem to be after Michael Biehn's auto too, but outside. I read someone say they're turning up at 5am (?!) Is that recommended, or are they just extremely dedicated?

• Showmasters Admin

You are correct they do call it con. I just want to make sure you knew. I've spoken to ppl on here before that think they're Converntions and get funny when they turn up and you have to pay extra to see the guests.

The doors open on Sautrday at 9am and I'd expect there to be about 1000 or so ppl waiting to go in. I'm getting there for 8:30 which will be early enough. A lot of ppl don't go early so Saturday because it's an extra £5 to get in before 11am.

You really don't need to be there at 5am. If you want more than 2 or 3 of the main guests I'd suggest getting there not much after 8:30am though.

Just make sure you are in the queue before the doors open and you should be fine and when they do open go straight for the autographs, dont bother looking around the stalls as there will be plenty of time for that during the day but getting tickets for the popular guests is a must, I know alot of people didnt do this at LFCC so dont pretty high numbered tickets.

Well, I haven't been to any conventions where you DON'T pay extra to meet the guests.

Once again, thanks for your replies.

Regarding the virtual queuing situation, I read in the FAQ that they only give out 800 tickets. I'm mainly after Michael Biehn's auto, and he seems to be pretty popular, so if I arrived between 9.30am and 10am, do you imagine there would still be any left? It wouldn't matter if that meant I had to wait until mid-afternoon, but I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't get to see him at all.

Cheers in advance.