IMPORTANT TRAVEL NEWS

Raylenth

Taken from the Chiltern Railways website and confirmed by me via their phone line

Track Improvement Works: November 6th

Birmingham - Leamington Spa - Banbury - London

Aylesbury - High Wycombe - London

. London Maryleone is closed to High Wycombe line services all day.

. A reduced service on the High Wycombe line will run to and from London Paddington instead.

. No trains or buses will serve Northolt Park or Wembley Stadium station all day. Use other nearby National Rail or London Underground services instead.

Only alternative seems to now be the Bakerloo line to Wembley Central.

I'm getting really annoyed now!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for letting us know that ! Holy s*** :lol: Is there a week-end and a line somewhere in London with no work ??? :lol:

Now I have to think at an alternative. Since we are two, we will probably have a taxi, otherwise we will be too late. But that also means one autograph less .... ;):lol:

Wembley Park tube is about a 15 minute walk from where your going. I think there are busses from there too, but I'm not sure what. If you come out of the tube and cross the road there's a bus stop on the other side going in the right direction, but ask the driver!

Does anyone know about the parking? I see on the interactive map that there is a lot of parking around the exhibition hall, but any idea of how much it costs? Or where is the Plaza Hotel and how does the free parking there work? Do you just arrive on the day or did it have to be applied for?

According to mappy.com, the Wembely conference hall is located 1.2 km away from the Wembley Central Station and it is quite easy to go there by foot. So indeed 10 minutes, it seems possible, therefore I will do that.

Parking : the parking near the conference center is free ! SMs have negociated that

For anyone who doesn't know, Wembley Park station will be CLOSED this weekend. Jubilee line trains will not stop there. The Jubilee line is closed between Neasden and . .erm. .somewhere else!

There is also no service at all on the Metropolitan line between Aldgate and Harrow on the Hill, which accounts for most of the line.

And there is no service on the Central Line between Woodford and Bethanl Green.

In other words, don't count on being able to get to Wembley by public transport!

well central line shouldn't have too big an effect.

I'm probably heading to wembley central now as well. Lams.. i know past comments were that the woalk is about 20mins, i do know people said there were buses... so if anyone wants to help again and give details that would be fab!

Parking : the parking near the conference center is free ! SMs have negociated that

Yeah, but do you just park and hope you don't get clamped or do you have to get some sort of voucher from SM to prove you are entitled to free parking and which car park is it? Wembley Plaza Hotel is not on the map and not coming up on my searches.

There is also no service at all on the Metropolitan line between Aldgate and Harrow on the Hill, which accounts for most of the line.

Just great that was my main line as well :wub:

I should head out now I might be able to make it in time ;)

For anyone who doesn't know, Wembley Park station will be CLOSED this weekend. Jubilee line trains will not stop there. The Jubilee line is closed between Neasden and . .erm. .somewhere else!

In other words, don't count on being able to get to Wembley by public transport!

wtf? Im comin from France... so what I must do now? taxi? run?

• Moderators
For anyone who doesn't know, Wembley Park station will be CLOSED this weekend. Jubilee line trains will not stop there. The Jubilee line is closed between Neasden and  . .erm. .somewhere else!

wtf? Im comin from France... so what I must do now? taxi? run?

What was your original travel route?

wtf?  Im comin from France... so what I must do now? taxi? run?

I'm coming from Belgium : if you arrive with the Eurostar at Waterloo, the best thing to do is take the undergound with the Bakerloo Line towards Wembley Central (about 36 minutes). Then from there you can either walk to the hall center which is 1.2 km away or maybe catch a bus there.

Edited by lams9999

• Moderators
I say Showmasters hire private jets for us, gonna be easier  :o

how about them putting on free bus services from the major stations?!? that would work! :D

lol that would be nice but I doubt they can do that at short notice and they're not a travel company sadly :D to be honest there IS ways around all the crappyness of the underground, just gotta work it out :D

wtf?  Im comin from France... so what I must do now? taxi? run?

I'm coming from Belgium : if you arrive with the Eurostar at Waterloo, the best thing to do is take the undergound with the Bakerloo Line towards Wembley Central (about 36 minutes). Then from there you can either walk to the hall center which is 1.2 km away or maybe catch a bus there.

I will arrive with Eurolines at London, and then take a subway (like in march for the first LFACC), but if theres no subway or public transport :D