Passports, Travel Agents, etc..

Travel Agents who can get me a good deal on getting a passport as well as good accommodations?

I just realized that I need a passport in order to get over to the UK, so that presents a little problem. How long does it usually take to get a passport?

I have no money right now, so I can't just go out and get one straight away. Is anyone familiar at all with American Customs? I know it's sad I live in America and have no idea what's going on half the time.

Hehehe Proud to be an American.

Thanks!

I don't know how it works in the US, but here it can take 2-4 weeks to get a passport... it used to be quicker as you could go to a specific building to get it there and then.

All I can suggest is you visit your local travel agent who can provide you with the most localised advice.

Rachie,

My experience of US customs will be slightly different from yours as I'm travelling in the opposite direction. But leaving the country you should have no problems as customs are worrying about what people bring in not take out.

Arriving in the UK. You should have no problems with English customs as I assume you won't be bringing anything in with you.

Going back into America they can charge you duty on imports but that depends what you buy over here. Bear in mind when declaring anything to customs that any pictures you get here were given free (you pay for the auto not the picture) so the value of any purchases will be low and that should stop them charging you any duty.

One thing to watch for is both UK and US customs can be very fussy about food items. So best not to be carrying fruit and stuff like that with you as they may ask you to dispose of it.

Personally no airline has ever lost my luggage but that doesn't stop me worrying ever time I give it to them so I carry any autographed photos with me in hand luggage. To keep them safe its work packing something to keep them in so they won't get bent or creased.

Hope this means you can make it to C4 its going to be a great event.

David

PS. In one of Houdinia's photos you seem to be kneeling at my feet. I know I'm good but I think you can stand in my presence. :D

I'm from Israel

and i agree you beter get you'r pasport ready coz it can take time :-)

as for food and customs:

my expireance is , No vegis , frots .

Customes you shld bather you'r selfe about diclering only if you bay a camra or somthing like that

an 8x10 autographd or not dasn't mater to them

last time i was in the uk was years ago , thay looked at all my staff ( thay did that with every one -so that can take some time)smilled at the amont of sweets and that was it.:-)

have a good flight :-)

Edited by Nili

Hi

I have a little experience with the US State Department. Your normal ordering of a passport can take up to a month to 6 weeks to arrive. The cost, as I told you before, was about $70.

There is a quicker service which normally takes about 2 weeks but costs an extra $60 on top of the $70.

Passports can be obtained from either designated post offices, public libraries, some government buildings and of course passport agencies.

As for getting here, that needs a bit of leg work. Basically book everything yourself. Hotels are on the main website, so look there.

Hi

I have a little experience with the US State Department. Your normal ordering of a passport can take up to a month to 6 weeks to arrive. The cost, as I told you before, was about $70.

There is a quicker service which normally takes about 2 weeks but costs an extra $60 on top of the $70.

Passports can be obtained from either designated post offices, public libraries, some government buildings and of course passport agencies.

As for getting here, that needs a bit of leg work. Basically book everything yourself. Hotels are on the main website, so look there.

This is really good advice! I couldn't have said it better myself........... :lol:

Hi

I have a little experience with the US State Department.  Your normal ordering of a passport can take up to a month to 6 weeks to arrive.  The cost, as I told you before, was about $70.

As for getting here, that needs a bit of leg work.  Basically book everything yourself.  Hotels are on the main website, so look there.

This is really good advice! I couldn't have said it better myself........... :lol:

I do try to give good advice now and then!