Anyone here had a guest refuse to sign an item?

nicky

I like to get posters signed but they can be expensive (not just to buy but also mount) and so was thinking of going to a poster site and saving the image on my PC and then printing the posters on A4 card.

The images are really clear except there ia a faint watermark on them (showing the website's name) so you'd be able to tell it wasn't a genuine print.

Do you think a guest would sign that? The thing is I want multiple guests to sign it so I don't want an instance where one guest will sign it and the other won't.

apparantlt, Natalie Portman WONT sigh any starwars stuff.

she even tried to get out of the new film, but george lucas made her honour her contract!

+she said "standing against a blue background and pretending things are there, is silly, that isnt acting".

i love her in all her films, but think its pathetic not to sign any star wars stuff!!

:huh::rolleyes:

I agree. I would never ask a guest to sign something unofficial like a pirate DVD and printing something of the internet would probably get you in trouble with the site.

Your best bet is to use the photos supplied at the event or have a look around the stalls, as many do sell smaller versions of posters or artwork prints. just have a look around i'm sure you'll find something suitable.

Years ago Anthony Daniels refused to sign a trading card of mine :P .

This is because the card was withdrawn, because some discrunted employee gave C3PO an Erection :cheesface: . He point blankly said he would not sign it, so i had to find something else.

Quentin Tarantino won't sign his DVDs for some reason. I think his exact words to me when I presented my Reservoir Dogs S.E. to him for signing were "no, f*** off!". Which is weird because he was happy to sign my posters and other stuff.

:lol::lol:

Quentin Tarantino won't sign his DVDs for some reason. ...when I presented my Reservoir Dogs S.E. to him for signing were "no, f*** off!".

:blush::rolleyes:

I think that may be cos he didn't have any input into the dvd. All the stuff was archive interviews and the commentary wasn't even a proper one as such ergo existing material was used to make up the materials.

apparantlt, Natalie Portman WONT sigh any starwars stuff.

she even tried to get out of the new film, but george lucas made her honour her contract!

+she said "standing against a blue background and pretending things are there, is silly, that isnt acting".

i love her in all her films, but think its pathetic not to sign any star wars stuff!!

:huh::unsure:

oh my god, the amount of times i have said this over on the c7 thread and other threads, i'm really annoyed by that.........natalie is one of my fave actresses

and boy am i gutted, she was in london last weekend and i could not go but my mate went and got her autograph for me (she signed my name and everything)...........but she was really careful about avoiding dealers and at times would ignore real fans because she wass so aware of the dealers........

if i ever went to meet her then i would not take a star wars pic, i would take a premiere shot, but i woud love a star wars pic signed

my friend did it on paper so she was fine with that.....

its like sarah michelle gellar never signs for adults, which is cruel because buffy is an adults programme.

patrick stewart won't sign star trek or x men and once left a kid really upset and did not care (i spoke to the kids father at c6 and he told me this story!) (in the carrie fisher queue!)

Yep - I had my own photo of Kristy Swanson, but was just a nice portrait of her with a flowery dress on - she point blank refused to sign it, as she hated how she looked in it.

she was not very nice at all though was she........i got the distinct impression she was in love with herself.

okay don't laugh at me...........but i was watching celebrities uncensored (mY GOD they get hounded, i never realised how much.....) and selma hayek was cross about a photo that she did not like of her but she signed it and said 'never again' burt they did not show the photo and sandra bullock refused to sign a photo because she said that was always a dealers photo (maybe she knew he was a dealer?)

its like sarah michelle gellar never signs for adults, which is cruel because buffy is an adults programme.

I hadn't heard that but I had heard she won't sign stuff that David Boreneaz has signed particularly if it is a photo of them as a couple from Buffy.

It is not that unusual generally for various guests to refuse to sign unofficial or unlicensed items.

At some events they will only sign official studio pictures.

Then you get some guests that will sign their name, but won't put their character name, or will only personalise and not just sign thier signature.

I guess you never really quite know how they will react, sometimes it is their own personal whims, other times they are contractually bound to only sign certain things.

Diana Rigg for example will sign Bond photos etc, but not Avengers.

Many of the celebs at the Theatres will only sign the relevant programme or flyer and not other items.

If you can , I would play it safe and only bring official merchandise for them to sign.

Patrick Stewart will sign these items from time to time. I really think it depends on his mood. I got an X-Men photo signed as well at the theatre. A friend of mine didn't.

Another one who's really strict about what she signs is Gilian Anderson. She will not sign anything that is even looking close to X-Files material.

It once happened to me that a Stargate actress refused to sign a candid picture that I took at a convention, saying it was not "an official item." She signed in the end anyway because she finally had to admit that it was "fan artwork" and not copyrighted cause it was allowed to take photos at that event.

But that week end she really caused much trouble by refusing to sign several pictures saying that.

Maybe its because so many items end up on 'well known auction sites' that they try to maintain some control over things.

Certainly on Anthony Daniels website he lists people selling fakes - so I would presume he has a good idea of what he has and hasnt signed over the years. I think David Prowse does this too.

By limiting the actual items they sign I suppose they may be trying to stop fakes going on sale which is a good thing.

yeah this is so true i mean look what happend with the manchester united players. Thye all got involoved with a big investigation into people selling fake signitures of them on the internet and managed to stop most of it. So i suppose celebrities not signing things from time to time can actually help us out and make sure we don't buy a fake!

As for patrick stewart does he not sign perhaps becuase he does various conventions and feels that is the right place to get an autograph.

Im sure ive natalie portman signed star wars stuff before or was i h=just in land of fairies and elves???

Its amazing when you do watch celebrities uncensored and they show people like russuel crowe who were lead to believe is an spam, making sure he signs for everyone waiting outside for him!!!

Its amazing when you do watch celebrities uncensored and they show people like russuel crowe who were lead to believe is an spam, making sure he signs for everyone waiting outside for him!!!

*sighs* I speak from experience when I tell you that Russell Crowe is very nice to fans. Being the big Russell fangirl that I am, I've seen him signing on two occasions, and he does indeed make sure everyone gets an auto, and asks people's names. I, of course, was too damn cool to ask for an autograph LOL, and missed out! Now I'm a geek I would have no problem! :lol:

Adam West wouldn't sign anything except the official signing photos at LFCC1, unless the owner let him sign it with a dedication. Quite a simple act to try and prevent traders from buying bat-toys and increasing theirvalue with his signature.