Favourite Scary Movie

GoldenGreen

Which is your favourite scary movie ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite scary movie ?

• Halloween
    • Psycho
    • Friday the 13 th
    • The Exorcist
    • The Evil Dead
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • Hellraiser
    • Other (Post below)

I find your comment amusing seeing as;

1. Michael Myers was the inspiration for the creation of Jason. He came first in 1978, Jason didn't arrive on the scene until 1980 (in a cameo), and 1981 in his own right (and then with a potato sack over his head).

2. Michael is a lot smarter than the bumbling, overweight, retarded momma's boy that is Jason Voorhees. Afraid of water? (Freddy Vs Jason) come on. Myers isn't afraid of anything.

3. The Halloween films have at least attempted to keep some kind of continuity (went a bit screwy around 6 & H20, but still). At least Myers didn't crawl out of a New York sewer having returned to a child like state (Jason Takes Manhatten). The Friday the 13th/Jason continuity is all over the place.

4. The charaterisation in the Halloween movies evolved as the years rolled by, becoming more realistic and reflecting opinions and attitudes of today. The actors in the Jason movies (and Elm Street) still act and dress as if they are in the 80's.

5. Halloween is always mentioned as a horror classic alongside Psycho and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre...Friday the 13th isn't, and is seen as a pale imitation of both.

As for 'weaker' than Jason. I can't see how you can explain that. Jason has been buried at least once - Myers never has. If you are judging on physical appearance, just because Jason is overweight and appears stronger - I've always found it more eerie that someone as thin as Myers can lift a man twice his own weight. There's nothing eerie in a fat man in a boiler suit lifting some skinny guy.

• Moderators
OLD BOY

bought it the other day. it rocks my socks! :P

quite horrific, not sure if it's a horror movie though (it's like Audition, y'know?) ;)

FRIDAY 13th & Halloween for poll purposes.

That the dude that was in prison then gets out n goes nuts on the people that put him there? Sorry, don't wanna give too much away for ppl that haven't seen it :o Plus my memory's bad :P

OLD BOY

bought it the other day. it rocks my socks! :lol:

quite horrific, not sure if it's a horror movie though (it's like Audition, y'know?) :D

FRIDAY 13th & Halloween for poll purposes.

That the dude that was in prison then gets out n goes nuts on the people that put him there? Sorry, don't wanna give too much away for ppl that haven't seen it :lol: Plus my memory's bad :lol:

...that's the one.

it's mental! I honestly haven't seen anything like this movie in years! :lol:

It's about this drunken man who is suddenly kidnapped and thrown in jail for 15 years (for reasons we discover in the most bizarre twist, ever!!!), whom after 15 years is released and decides to go on the most brutal rampage on the people who put him there... with a hammer! (as you do!) :lol:

it's great. I recommend getting the uncut Chinese Region 3, though.

Preferred Halloween, much better film. Friday the 13th is just a rip off.

Halloween blows.....Friday the 13th is the scarier series

Are you mad??? Halloween is so much more exciting, Michael Myers is much more realistic and therefore is more scary... When he took his mask off, you saw a real face, not some stupid monster looking thing that is just not scary or realistic!!!

I like the friday 13th's, but they just dont compare to halloween!

The halloween films are the nuts!

I marginally prefer Halloween, although I think that there have been some moments in F13th that have let the series down (like the stupid monster faces under the mask and Jason becoming the child in the drain) but there are some damn good films in the series.

I thought that F13th Parts 3 and 6 were fantastic, but they all had their moments.

I love the Halloweens though.

I saw that black christmas the other day, thats pretty damn scary! I would advise anyone to watch that!