The Grudge

snoopys_linus

I`ll probably go see it because SMG is in it, im hoping its good as I've read some bad reviews.

(Though it did extremely well in its opening weekend this week in the USA).

I`ll see if I got any money, I'm still hoping amazon.com keep their $14.99 price for Angel S1 DVDs, until Friday at least, when I`ll have enough money!

KIWI :P

I hope you enjoy it. I am not a big fan of Mrs Prinze Jr. I find her acting ability to be limited and of what i have seen in the trailers and odd snippets, her performance does not look too good in The Grudge. As regards a good opening weekend in the States, anything with SMG in the lead following Buffy and Angel finishing was always going to do good in the first few weeks as you would get the Buffy/Angel fans out.

Isn't it a 15 cert? it can't that scary.

I'd still like to see it though........ it has Clea Duvall in!

It is likely to have been toned down to get in the Buffy fans. The $40 Million it took in it's first 3 days is not bad at all. But factor in the price of tickets in the States and the fact there are 5 or 6 times as many people in that country than here then it isn't as superb as it may initialy seem. Remember that each of the Rings trilogy took $1 Billion plus worldwide.

The $40 Million it took in it's first 3 days is not bad at all. But factor in the price of tickets in the States and the fact there are 5 or 6 times as many people in that country than here then it isn't as superb as it may initialy seem. Remember that each of the Rings trilogy took $1 Billion plus worldwide.

The price of tickets in the USA are cheaper than in the U.K. so that would mean even more people comparitively would have gone to see it.

Plus it is only early days, and comparing it to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy Box Office take Worldwide is hardly fair.

A $40 million dollar take on an opening weekend in October in the USA is pretty good, in fact the third best ever.

Plus it is the fifth time a movie with SMG has been released and opened at the top of the American box office charts.

• 5 weeks later...