Ian mcdiarmid

Sauron

I'm still here, my friend.

To the best of my knowledge, Ian has finished the main part of his filming, leaving Hayden and Ewan to finish!

Ian hasn't done theatre for a while now, but I'm sure he'll find another project soon. Probably wanted to get the film out of the way first.

He would be the perfect guest to replace the big gap left by Billy Dee Williams.

:D

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we just sit and wait, and keep suggesting. I have a long list of suggestions and keep waiting for the right time to suggest them. I wouldn't want to overload Showmasters.

He did Bath? I've only ever got him at the theatre, he is very nice but shy, and wouldn't have his photo taken. Which is the main reason why I want him at Collectormania!

:vader:

No I couldn't believe it. I think he is great in recreating the younger version of his character, however, I wish they'd give him a bit more to do - more so in Episode 2. In Phantom, Sidious was built up as being The Phantom Menace. Whereas by Part 2, he was only seen at the end welcoming Christopher Lee home!!! I also think that was a slip in the character that was unfortunate. I'm sure a Sith Lord wouldn't welcome home an apprentice.

Still at least Palpatine is seen a bit more, let's hope he'll be seen more in Ep 3. It was a good idea to have him as both Sidious and Palpatine.

Plus I think Ian is very underrated as an actor.

:rolleyes:

Yes, The Emperor in Empire was played by an old woman, with the eyes of a chimpanzee added on later. Plus Clive Revill doing the voice. I wonder myself why the Ian version was put on the poster.

There are rumours that Lucas wants to film Ian doing that scene, and put it into Empire replacing the original scene. Also filming scenes with Jimmy Smits and Ian, with The Emperor dissolving the Imperial Senate in A New Hope, and putting those scenes in the original Star Wars. They are rumours however - but you never know....

:gorgeous:

Sorry but I hate changes in films. I hated new ET!! and although I didn't hate the SE of SW, I was anoyed by the great new effects put in next to naff old effects (Like Rancor) which didn't stand out before but now they simply look odd next to each other.

I hope they don't touch Indy when it's out on DVD later this year!!

No I agree with you. I had hoped I didn't give the impression that I like the idea of adding new scenes into old films. As much as I admire Ian, I wouldn't want him in Star Wars or Empire. It added to his appearance in Jedi, in the fact that he was mentioned but you hadn't really seen him except as a hologram. So it added to his mystery.

I thought the new scenes put in to the films was a real waste and added nothing new.

Oh boy, how right you are, the new ET was utter rubbish!!!

I don't think they'll touch Indy, except maybe just restoring it.

:blush:

Dude, This could be the start of a beautiful friendship!!

So I'm impressed with the lack of Star wars guests...sort of lucky I kinda like LOTR and HP or I could take this personally.

Do you think SM have been in sectret talks with Mark Hamil ,Ian Mcdiarmid and Carrie Fisher for a super SW special next spring.. Well it is the 27th aniversary of SW and everyone cellebrates the big 27!!..Ok how about the 21st year of Jedi..or the BIG 5 for Phantom!! so cause for loads of guests from the trilogy (The real SW)

Jango was well cool last year and young Boba...Excellent

Ha! It looks like that!

I was worried by the lack of Star Wars guests, but then thought it was good that Showmasters didn't invite all the tired old guests that go to virtually every other show. If they are negotiating with rare Star Wars people, and that means no Star Wars guests this time, then so be it.

They have a lot of people I want to get so I'm sure I'll be busy.

I would think they are in negotiations with Ian McDiarmid - he is one of the rarest for these type of shows. Carrie, I would guess no, mainly because she has just done that appearance.

Hamill is a strange one. I met him in Miami earlier this year, and he was really pleasant and very nice and accomodating. I don't know why he doesn't do Star Wars related shows though.

:wub:

Well aside from the Star Wars series and Sleepy Hollow, his other most famous role is as Arthur the Butler in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, with Michael Caine and Steve Martin. Probably the thing he would most like to keep off his CV is that he was in the sequel to Annie. Yes he did sing!!!

He is good on TV, and pops up from time to time in Police dramas, usually playing the murderer. He is also in a few costume dramas, one he is due to start filming soon. He was not, to my amazement, ever in Doctor Who, unlike nearly every other actor of his generation. But he was in The Professionals, in probably an unintentionally comedic role as a murderer!

:D