Travelling to LFCC2

Hi,

when I use the journey Planner route details to go from Waterloo to Wembley Stadium, I have this warning concerning Marylebone station. Not sure what they mean by no entry .... :unsure:

MARYLEBONE STATION: No entry between 0735 - 0930 Mon- Fri until approx. 2005 due to escalator modernization work.

As I will be there on saturday, am I right thinking that this won't be a problem ??

I've been getting the sam warning, but as it states mon-fri I'm not too worried about it...

BTW I normally go to Waterloo as well, but heading to my other halfs for the weekend so will be going to London Bridge or Victoria.

Where abouts are you travelling in from? as trains for me to Waterloo are only every half an hour :lol: hence the reason going to my other halfs.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where abouts are you travelling in from? as trains for me to Waterloo are only every half an hour :D hence the reason going to my other halfs.

I'm coming from Belgium. I will arrive at Waterloo at 8:59 AM. When I ordered my train ticket, I was looking to meet five guests, so I planned only a one-day trip. Now I want to meet between 10 and 14 guests :D Obviously, this will be difficult to do in one day .... :D

I cannot change the ticket so I will do all my best to collect as many autographs as possible.

I'm coming from Belgium. I will arrive at Waterloo at 8:59 AM. When I ordered my train ticket, I was looking to meet five guests, so I planned only a one-day trip. Now I want to meet between 10 and 14 guests :unsure: Obviously, this will be difficult to do in one day .... :lol:

I cannot change the ticket so I will do all my best to collect as many autographs as possible.

Quite a way then! lol! :o

Lets hope you will be ok getting all the autos, the good thing is it closes at 6 so you might have enough time, thankfully I'm only after 6 (possibly 7) autos so my life is a bit easier...

However saying that if the next other event that take place in the docklands announces more guests i might have to go to both days to that.

• Showmasters Admin
I'm still pitching a spaz over this.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/FILE...l_4187B9520.pdf

Does that look right? Because I *think* that's the way I'm going...and if I get lost, I'll be the one camping out under a park bench.

:rolleyes:

Take a look at this map.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=51...mapp=newmap.srf

The arrow points at LFCC2. The QH is just up Empire way near the north corner of Fulton Road.

Hi,

when I use the journey Planner route details to go from Waterloo to Wembley Stadium, I have this warning concerning Marylebone station.  Not sure what they mean by no entry .... :hathor: 

MARYLEBONE STATION: No entry between 0735 - 0930 Mon- Fri until approx. 2005 due to escalator modernization work.

As I will be there on saturday, am I right thinking that this won't be a problem ??

oh foo!!!

what the hell??? why are all the bloody underground places so messed up! this sucks!

ok... time to find an alternate route

edited to say.....

ok its only for those two hours in the morning right? and secondly... 2005???? thats really not going to efect any of us is it?

Edited by wiccawise21

just get the over ground train from Marylebone station to wembley stadium station.

the trains are every half an hour.

they run til about midnight

it only takes 9 minutes

there is no confusion about tube stations being closed.

its closer to the exhibition halls.

in all.. i think its much simpler.

=x=

That's exactly what I'm doing! ok the journey would be easier if wembley park was open but as it's not, i don't fancy long walks or bus rides so a train from Marylebone station is the way for me!

Hey and if you get a oneday travel card for up to zone 4 your journey should be covered! (actually i'm getting one for all zones then it's a no brainer!) :D

After researching a little more, I think I will be going the overground route also, my train arrives at Paddington at 7:98 so my plan is..

Leave Paddington at 08:05 - Arrive at Marylebone Station at 08:08 = Time Taken 3mins

Leave Marylebone Station at 08:17 - Arrive at Wembley Stadium Station 08:26 = Time Taken 9mins

I have a question though, will a Zones 1-4 Day Travel Card defently cover me for the Marylebone to Wembley Stadium journey or are we hoping it will? as I dont want to be suprised on the day.

Hi there!

Im also gonna travel from paddington,but you are sure everything is open and all that??? :hathor:

Nyyyer, I'm gonna CRY.

I'm so confused about trains. This is the first time I've had to go to London on my own, and I'm really scared. Especially since it'll be pitch black when I arrive on the Friday night. Ugh.

I'm going from Aylesbury to Wembley Stadium...

So..

Aylesbury -->Marylebone --> Wembley.

It's backwards, I swear.

Does anyone know how far the Quality Inn Hotel is from Wembley Stadium station?

I know that feeling,i travel from sweden and gonna be in that big 8 million city all by myself ;):o:huh:

Hi can anyone advise me I will be getting to Marylebourne (if ive spelt that right) station approx 6:30ish Saturday morning.

Can anyone advise me how to get to wembley station from there as ive heard all different things that certain routes are closed etc.....

Can anyone clarify this part?

Many Thanks

PS ive still got to get home from there which should be fun LMAO

Hi can anyone advise me I will be getting to Marylebourne (if ive spelt that right) station approx 6:30ish Saturday morning.

Can anyone advise me how to get to wembley station from there as ive heard all different things that certain routes are closed etc.....

Many Thanks

I'd take the overground train out of Marylebone, going to Aylesbury via HIGH WYCOMBE.

It's important to go via HW, because otherwise you totally bypass Wembley.

Get off at Wembley Stadium Station, and go from there.

Best I can offer :lol:

Many Thanks

The easiest way is to take an overground train that goes to Wembley Stadium in approximately 10 minutes. From there you have a 5 minutes walk to go to the LFCC venue. Check this thread, there are more details before.

From London Underground:

Thank you for your feedback form dated 31 October.

On 6 - 7 November, there will be no service between Harrow-on-the-Hill and

Aldgate on the Metropolitan line due to work at Wembley Park. The Jubilee

line

is also suspended from Stanmore to Neasden.

There will be replacement bus service from Harrow-on-the-Hill to Willesden

Green, direct and another all stations service. You will then be able to

pick up

the Jubilee line from there.

There is also a suspended service from Bethnal Green to Woodford/Newbury

Park on the Central line that particular weekend, due to planned

engineering,

track replacement. Again a replacement bus service will be running from

Bethnal

Green to Woodford, Newbury Park to Stratford, Liverpool Street to Woodford

via

Snaresbrook & South Woodford.

There will be a shuttle train service from Woodford to Epping.

I am sorry that the news is worse than you probably expected. It is the

situation

currently given the amount of repair and replacement work that is ongoing at

the

moment. However it will improve the service in the long-term.

Sod it! I'm driving! :wub:

I am coming from Mitcham then traveling to Wembley. After the event at 6pm I shall be going straight to Victoria Coach Station because my bus is in the evening on Saturday.

I am confused.

Any help please.

:P

which bits are you needing help on? getting back to victoria coah parkway? what time is your bus back in the eve?