Travelling to LFCC2

Not sure what you have been looking at nomi-noo - i tried the journey planner myself and when the options appear it states that there are problems occuring on that route - if you view one of the options it clearly states the problems.

My advice to you is either use an alternative route or use the bus replacement service that will be operating.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I arrive into London at King's Cross, so I will do the 5 min walk to Euston and get a Silverlink train for £3 to Wembley Central. It takes 20 mins. I can't make head nor tail of the situation with the tube on those dates, so I'm not taking any risks!

I arrive into London at King's Cross, so I will do the 5 min walk to Euston and get a Silverlink train for £3 to Wembley Central. It takes 20 mins. I can't make head nor tail of the situation with the tube on those dates, so I'm not taking any risks!

what time are you getting in on friday?

what time are you getting in on friday?

Don't know yet Jon, as I can't decide whether or not to take the Friday off work. If I get the day off, I'll try and get to Wembley for hotel check in about 2pm. If not, I will get into King's Cross about 4pm.

Will spend rest of night having a few drinks and poking fun at the crew for the hard slog they will be facing the next day :D then realising I too will be getting up at 6am for a certain couple of people!

errm just sso evry1 knows...there is NO jubilee line BUT there is a metropolitan line on that wekend...i have justchecked it with the mirical that is the TFL journey planner...

also someone posted about the diff stations...webemly CENTRAL is the station near mcd's and wembely PARK is the silverlink station in hte other direction!

the DLR dosn't run anywhere near Wembely, as it runs between stratford- lewisham/bekton and bank/tower gateway to bekton/lewisham!

Please be very careful about following this advice

1: There are McD's both near Wembley Central and Wembley Park stations

2: Wembley Park is Metropolitan and Jubilee lines, not Silverlink.

3: Wembley Stadium (formerly Wembley Hill) is the Silverlink station.

Apart from that... 7/10 ;-)

ok I am referring to the station/McD that is:

- if you come out of the event go RIGHT

- walk for 10mins n you come to it

- you walk past the big hotels (can't mem names sorry) BUT I think the Hilton is to the LEFT? so the other ones!!!

can anyone who knows Wembley help me please?! :blink:

cheers!

surfy sah xx

Hi can anyone help I am thinking of comming to the LFCC prb on Saturday but I need to plan my times etc... I will be travelling from Wolverhampton/Birmingham and have never travelled to Wembley before so it is all new to me. From reading the postings can anyone please advise me on tubes/buses etc..... to catch I would like to do the early bird thing would this be possiable with the times of trains/buses/tubes I have tried phoning my local train station and the lodon tube people but they are all as usless as a chocolate firegard, can anyone help me please??? Thanking you in advance for any advice you will be able to offer.

Many Thanks

Matt

- you walk past the big hotels (can't mem names sorry) BUT I think the Hilton is to the LEFT? so the other ones!!!

can anyone who knows Wembley help me please?! :blush:

cheers!

surfy sah xx

If you head right when leaving LFCC you are walking towards the Wembley Park station as that is the way I walked back.

Mightymax I'd recommend you get to Birmingham and take the chiltern turbo train from Birmingham Moorside or Snowhill train stations. It will take you straight to Wembley stadium train station and it should be a short walk from there. The trains are comfy and clean and I'm not a trainspotter :wub:

Just make sure you get one that stops at Wembley Stadium as not all of them do and you may need to change train at High Wycombe or Beaconsfield to make sure you get one. Hope you have a good time. Don't know if I'll be going yet. :blink:

well i was originally planning on going to wemberly central, however hearing the comments about the walking distance think i'm gona head to wembley stadium instead... shorter walk!

Oh and the good thing is, it looks like a one day travel card will cover it as long as you get up to zone four...

Thankyou  :D  That helps a lot :lol:

I've never heard of the overland trains in London apart from DLR. Is the area where these depart from easy to find?

ok... wembley is not in central london so there are overground trains that go there.

if you are thinking of using the overground trains you will arrive at wembley statium station. its a CHILTERN RAILWAY CO train

here is a site with some times

trains

the station is a short walk away from the exhibition centre.

heres a map....

wembley

-the train station is pretty much in the centre, just right of where is says "WEMBLEY" in big grey letters.

-Turn right out of the station and walk along Wembley Hill Rd. (yellow on the map).

-Take the third road on your right (you can take the secon but it involves a little cutting to get to the doors. if you are easily confused dont bother) and you should see the exhibition centres main entrance (blue 'L' shaped biulding on the map)

i hope thats a little clearer.

=x=

Edited by wiccawise21

Might as well ask this now instead of on the day spend ages figuring it out.

Where is the nearest bus stop to Wembley Central which I can catch the number 92 bus from? dont want to be waiting around for 20mins at the wrong stop.

Can anyone answer my previous question? its just that I have found out the tube journey from Paddington to Wembley Central will take about 20mins and I dont want to spend ages waiting around at the wrong bus stop.

I don't know if this helps anyone travel wise but it is some replies from the Tube...

Unfortunately there is no Metropolitan Line in operation on the 6th and 7th November between Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate. There will however be a replacement bus service in operation but obviously this will be much slower than the tube.

You are advised to take replacement bus service 'B' from Willesden Green station to Wembley Park.

To get to Willesden Green Station from Liverpool street would require taking the Central Line to Bond St and then the Jubilee Line North to Willesden Green.

can anyone who knows Wembley help me please?!  :headscratch:

cheers!

surfy sah xx

If you head right when leaving LFCC you are walking towards the Wembley Park station as that is the way I walked back.

and that is the one that is CLOSED?

soz gotta make absolutely certain can't go getting lost! :blush: xx

I don't know if this helps anyone travel wise but it is some replies from the Tube...

Unfortunately there is no Metropolitan Line in operation on the 6th and 7th November between Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate. There will however be a replacement bus service in operation but obviously this will be much slower than the tube.

You are advised to take replacement bus service 'B' from Willesden Green station to Wembley Park.

To get to Willesden Green Station from Liverpool street would require taking the Central Line to Bond St and then the Jubilee Line North to Willesden Green.

That states it's just the Metropolitan line that's closed, not the whole of Wembley Park station. Surly we can get there via via the Jubilee line??

thats odd, coz i don't seem to be having trouble getting from wembely park to victoria via kings cross on the met line on that weekend! i think that the nothbound part of the met line is out :S

I just checked again and it still says...

Wembley Park Station: Southbound Jubilee Line trains and certain Metropolitan Line services will not serve the station until February due to rebuilding work

Does anyone have a definitive answer on what this means yet, does it mean I will be able to get a train from Baker Street to Finchley Road then get on the Jubilee line to Wembley Park as I would class that as a Northbound train and it doesnt say anything on the website about problems with Northbound trains but when I put that route into the route planner it comes up with problems, its all very confusing :D

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I am getting the underground from Mitcham then getting the Jubilee line. Does that affect me because I am just going by the instructions from the main web site and help from my Brothers.

After the event I am getting the Jubilee line to Victoria Station where I get my coach to go home.

:D

Edited by BluebizzieB

we seem to be going round in circles at the moment and I don't think we are going to get any more (or more definative) info at the moment. I plan on checking with them in the middle of next week, but I know people will want to know now. The only think I can really suggest is that if you are travelling to the event via central london (ie going northbound) then go by the alternative routes - Over ground trains to Wembley Stadium, or on the Bakerloo to Wembley Central.

Yeh im alittle worried about the travelling as comming from birmingham and I havent a clue what trains to catch etc.... ive tried phoning the rail company and they was no help at all they kept on going around in circules and done my head in the end cause they didnt know about any stations that was closed :D