Travelling to LFCC2

I have just read this on the London Underground site...

Wembley Park Station: Southbound Jubilee Line trains and certain Metropolitan Line services will not serve the station until February due to rebuilding work.

I will be arriving at Paddington Station at about 7:50 and was expecting a short tube ride to Wembley Park Station like in March when I attended LFCC but this news has messed me up abit.

What is now the best route for getting to LFCC2 from Paddington?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it mean by 'Southbound Jubilee Line trains' because for the Metropolitan Line it says it wont stop at Wembley Park but it only mentions that southbound trains on the Jubilee line wont stop?

I dont know London but from looking at a tube map I see that Neasden is only one stop from Wembley Park on the Metropolitan Line, how far apart are the two stations because to me it seems that is the closest stop but then you cant really tell from the map, it could be 20 miles for all I know.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I was concerned about that as well so I called the London Underground info line and asked about the dates in question. I was told that the lines were suspended in both directions that weekend, but I don't know if that is both the jubilee and the metropolitan or just one of them. I will try to call back tomorrow and double check.

I was concerned about that as well so I called the London Underground info line and asked about the dates in question. I was told that the lines were suspended in both directions that weekend, but I don't know if that is both the jubilee and the metropolitan or just one of them. I will try to call back tomorrow and double check.

Hi Raylenth...

Just a quick thankyou for posting this! I'd been checking tube times and it kept coming up with buses to Wembley Park, but details only said south bound trains were affected, this now proves otherwise...

Oh well, guess it'll be Wembley Central instead...

Grrrrrrrr - London Underground staff drive me mad! Just managed to call again to check and got a different staff member from last time who told me they don't have any info on engineering works for november yet. Grrrr. I will keep checking and keep you updated.

or try the overground trains to Wembly Stadium. And as I said I will check again tomorrow about the jubilee/metropolitan lines. :blink:

Wembley Stadium used to be used only for stadium events so don't hold your breath on that one. If Wembley Park is out of the question ( can't see that happening, something will be stopping or they will lay on a replacement bus), head for Wembley Central and it's about a 25 min walk or loads of buses head towards the wembley complex

Ok further update

Jubilee Line - no service in either direction between Neasden and Stanmore. Wembley Park is one station on from Neasden so it may not be too hard to get off there and get a bus upto Wembley.

Metropolitan Line - No service between Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate (which is almost the entire line) so don't bother with that one.

I would take the Bakerloo line or the overground. You must be able to use the overground station as it is one of the travel reccommendations on the LFCC travel section. They wouldn't put it on there if you couldn't use it!!!

Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks for the help guys, will just get on the Bakerloo Line to Wembley Central and if I have plenty of time will walk to LFCC, if not will catch a quick bus ride.

How long does it take (approx) to walk from Wembley central to LFCC?! :angry: the web site says ten mins... good approx time?

OK, I'm a bit confused too ! I was in London this week-end and indeed Wembley Park will be inaccessible until February. I arrive at Waterloo at 9 AM so I will take the Jubilee Line until Neasden. Is this metro station far from the LFCC venue ? Is it possible to do it by foot ? Any other alternative from there ?

Edit : okay, from the map given by the SM, I can see that Neasden is approximately 1.5 kms away from the Wembley Arena but of course this is a direct line, the real path will probably be larger.

Edited by lams9999

I don't know the area but i don't imagine you will be able to walk from Neasdon - when you get to the outer parts of the tube lines the stations are further apart. Also having asked some friends who vaguely know the area I have been told it would probably not be the best idea to walk through Neasden as it is not the best area. (Appols to anyone who lives there)

Please correct me if I am wrong though!

From Waterloo? Probably to get onto the Bakerloo line at Waterloo and either go straight through to Webley Central and walk about 20 mins to the conference center or get off the Bakerloo line at Marylebone and get the overground to Wembley Stadium. I don't know which would be the easier option as I don't know how much of a time difference there would be between either method.

So, what is the best option then ?

Edit : maybe going to Marylebone by tube with the Bakerloo line and then take the train to Wembley ? Is that correct ?

Bus

18 - runs all the way out from Euston through Wembley. Get off at "The Triangle" - that's the junction off the Harrow Road / Wembley High Road which youwould walk past comin from Wembley Central station

92 - goes past the event if you don't fancy walking from Wembley Central

182 goes past the venue, from near either Harrow or Neasden stations (i.e. both directions)

297 goes past the venue from near Alperton or Neasden stations (i.e. both directions)

Route details all linked from http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm#main

Train

Don't walk from Neasden - it's a nightmare walk especially with rebuilding of Wembley Stadium

Wembley Stadium Station is (obviously) very close. Plenty of trains these days from London Marylebone - only about a 10 minute ride.

Wembley Central - 15 mins walk along Wembley High Road to the Triangle, then turn left and go past Wembley Stadium Station - Plenty of trains from London Euston.

Forget all other Wembley area stations, except perhaps Neasden or Alperton as connection points for buses to the event. All the other local stations are either on the same lines as closer stations, or the same closed lines.