Woodfuff & Gillis - pay twice to meet both?

nicky

I wanna meet Tom Woodfruff & Alec Gillis but are they gonna charge guests separatley or will I only need to pay once to meet them both? I'm hoping that they'll come as a duo so I can meet them at the same time...what say you?

Oh and if you're gonna get Alien Quadrilogy crew, please get Stan Winston too.

• Showmasters Admin
You will pay separatly - one charge for one guest (most likely)

Agreed, what if you only wanted to meet one of them. You'd be pretty annoyed if you had to pay for both. I realise they could have a fee for 1 or both, but that's never happened before.

I realise they could have a fee for 1 or both, but that's never happened before.

Wasn't that the case for the Matrix Twins, I thought you just paid once for the both of them and the same for the HP Phelps twins. Yeah, I know Woodruff and Gillis aint twins but they do everything together on film stuff.

• Showmasters Admin
I realise they could have a fee for 1 or both, but that's never happened before.

Wasn't that the case for the Matrix Twins, I thought you just paid once for the both of them and the same for the HP Phelps twins. Yeah, I know Woodruff and Gillis aint twins but they do everything together on film stuff.

I meant I've never seen SM have 2 prices. i.e. An auto from one of them for £15 or an auto from both for £25.

With the two sets of twins everyone would want both or none. With these guys someone may just want one, not the other. So if there was just one price for both, they'd be annoyed.

Edited by Too Tall

I think that system has merit though. When you have people going to the event to see specific groups of guests (like the Atlantis crew, Aliens, and Blake 7 and Red Dwarf last year). Would SM consider a system of giving out one ticket to see the whole group. That way you would only have to que for one ticket. The payment system could remain the same, once your ticket is called you pay for those of the group you want to see and don't go to those you don't.

I think this could save a lot of possible dissapointment. If you get a ticket you know you will be able to see all of the group, which may not happen if you had to que for 4+ tickets.

What does anyone else think?

• Showmasters Admin

Interesting theory but it wouldn't work. One of the reasons SM use the virtual tickets is so that the star have a constant stream of ppl at their desks.

How would you group the stars. If you think about it, what if they'd grouped all the Star Wars stars at C6. What if you didn't want to see Carrie or Billy? But you have Star Wars group ticket number 890. You'd have to wait until 17:00 to see a minor star that's been sat there all day with nothing to do.

The other is so they have an idea of how many ppl want to see a guest. Ppl taking tickets may not want to see all of the group. So they wouldn't know when to stop giving out the tickets.

It's fine if all the stars have exactly the same number of ppl wanting to see them and they all sign at the same rate. But they don't. It just wouldn't work.

If SM do charge for them separately I'd have thought that would spark rivalry and perhaps jealously between them.

I've always known these guys to be a team anyway for their make-up FX, not their guy-in-a-rubber-suit acting jobs which is the only thing I think that really separates them - one was in the costume the other wasn't.

Edited by nicky