Chris Judge

zebredy

Can I just ask this question to you stargate people.....

.....Why? Yes why do some of you like Chris Judge so much, and why is the SM Chris Judge Fan and Appreciation Society so popular especially with what he has done to so many people.

You do know that he was supposed to do another event and as far as I know cancelled on that event because he was offered more money by SMs

Now if the tables were turned would you guys not be just a little peed of that a star had cancelled, and wasnt going to an event, he was booked to do and that you were going to, just becasue of money issues.

He may be the niceset guy one could ever meet at an event but after what he has done( and how he has let some of my friends who are going to the other event down) I will definitely not be joining any Appreciation Society (however good an idea it may be)

This is not a moan just a query. I just want to know what your opinions on the subject are and if you like/hate him for it all, why?

Basically cos we can't be sure what happened I'm not going to say either way but I appreciate Chris for his work on Stargate. I for one am a huge fan of both events mentioned in the saga but I'm not going to choose any ones story over the other.

hey zeb

you might want to go back through some of the posts on the LFACC2 board (try page 2 or 3) cause this was discussed in GREAT length (getting on for 30 pages :o )

there were statements from the agent, SM and CJ on there and basically Chris had NO contract for the other event. I sharen't go into it all AGAIN (Col Jack O'Neill is usually good at such things - helllo? Col???) and you can go read for yourself, sure SM said they wouldn't delete the topics, they are just inactive and have gone off the page.

I knew Chris was meant to be at Wolf SG-8 (this was stated on the LFACC2 board so I don't think it's a prob for me to say the event name - PLEASE *EDIT* if it is and don't delete this post moderators!!) and was surprised when found out about all this stuff but it has all been explained. SM DID NOT POACH CHRIS AND CHRIS HAD NO CONTRACT and was "offered" to SM as a replacement for AT. as CJ couldn't do c6 for the same reason AT couldn't, CJ asked if there were any other events by SM and hence is coming to LFACC2.

people loyal to Wolf have been told to boycott CJ as you are but you don't know that it's his fault. SM and Wolf could have come to an arrangement for him at that weekend but didn't, down to I think Bryan not wanting to.

that's enough for no about that.

CJ has been some one I have wanted to meet for ages and this whole thing with Wolf/SM isn't gunna stop me and LFACC2, I can't WAIT to see him!! :unsure:

surfy sah xx

ps-CJ did NOT cancell Wolf SG-8 for a higher fee from SM, that is what Wolf posted on the page but it has been said by Chris himself as well as SM (see LFACC2 topic) that this is NOT the case!!!

maybe people need to hear it from ALL angels before making assumptions and allowing one event organiser to make a bad name for a popular SG actor :rolleyes:

We don't know what happened to be honest. I only judge people that I meet, and form my own opinion once I know as much as possible. Thats why I'm not holding it against him, I don't know him and so I don't know his reasons.

We don't know what happened to be honest. I only judge people that I meet, and form my own opinion once I know as much as possible. Thats why I'm not holding it against him, I don't know him and so I don't know his reasons.

I agree completely Zimbling, he says he has personal reasons so I am prepared to take what he said as true until I know otherwise. I am not comfortable boycotting Chris over something I know very little about.

Can you please drop the subject about Chris Judge going to another convention. This is settled and HE IS GOING TO LFCC2.

STARGATE IS THE BEST SCI-FI SHOW EVER MADE (apart from Quantum Leap and Red Dwarf).

Chris Judge is a very good actor and plays his part very well. From what I have heard he is a very nice person and fun to be with and he has the same first name as me.

:angry:

Edited by BluebizzieB

a fair point but obviously Zeb doesn't know the details or she wouldn't be asking :P;)

it is a much better idea to give Zeb an idea of this from the SM/CJ/agent point of view than to let Wolf's view be the only side she hears. this might help her to see that CJ and SM aren't as mean as Wolf make them out to be and maybe, as a SG fan, she won't feel she has to boycott CJ at LFACC2 after all ;)

hope this has helped?

Surfy Sah xx

OK I really dont want to get into this again cause as Sah said theres 30 pages over in the lfcc2 thread but anyway, Chris is a grown up and can make his own decisions. We dont know anything about his personal life, he may have many reasons for doing what he did. I do believe in his statement he said that he would happily answer any questions that people have. Yes if it was the other way round i would be annoyed but thats the way life goes we cant control stuff like this so we just have to deal with it.

I cant wait to meet chris in november like lots of others, roll on november!

and how cool was tonights sg1 on sky for those of us who were lucky enough to see it!!!!

I think its just the fact that a lot of my friends are angry at him, because there going to another event he's going to, maybe I'm just being bias because of that I don't know.

Guess the only thing to do is meet him and decide for myself

:rolleyes:

" SM and Wolf could have come to an arrangement for him at that weekend but didn't, down to I think Bryan not wanting to."

Don't know what arrangement could have been made even if both parties were willing. I can't see any way he could have accommodated both events. One day at each would not have worked given the number of people at both (just my opinion)

Anyway, I've met Chris once before and he is a lovely funny man and I look forward to seeing him again.

I will actually be attending both events that weekend so I will be rushed off my feet!

:wub::D:P

I've met Chris on several occasions and absolutely adore him. Why? How much time have you got for an explanation? LOL!!!

I've seen Chris interact with the fans and even take the time to chat length with folks who just wanted to chat about 'something extra'. A few months ago at a convention appearance in Tampa, I filmed a section of Chris' talk (yes, it was allowed by the event) where Chris goes on quite appreciatively of how much the fans mean to him and to his co-workers. And I'm still stunned that when I put up my hand to ask a question, he called me by 'name'! So yeah, I'm one of those crazy, die-hard fans of Chris'. Sue me. LOL!

But this is my experience with Chris. Your experience can and may vary. :D

-- B) Foxy

The thing with these circumstances is that we , as fans ,will probably never know the FULL story , only the parts that we have been told .

As mentioned earlier , Chris has asked that anybody who has a " problem " or question can ask him in person , so maybe that is something youcould do .

I have met Chris once and found him to be a friendly , open , and very funny guy - and I have to say he is at his best when Michael Shanks is around , what a pair ( it is obvious that they are great friends and are equally insane :angry: ) . I can also say that I am surprised that he is going to LFACC2 as I was at Glasgow when he told Bryan off for not inviting him to the other event .

Whatever the reasons , and Chris has stated that it is SOLELY for personal reasons , I do feel that this whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth - if only because it shows the nastiness between the two different Convention organisers . I also feel that all that has happened will come back to bite both organisers on the backside at some stage - I don't think that possible guests to either's events who may of heard about the proceedings can have complete faith now ( but this is just my opinion ) .

I personally am not taking the side of either event , rather I will still be meeting Chris , and will treat him as I would wish to be treated , and take him as I find him - and I suggest that you do the same ( I think you will find him great :D ) .