Garrick Hagon

steviegr

Garrick Hagon was a bit funny with me, when I said that I wanted my own item signed undedicated. He said that he would sign the photograph provided undedicated, but my own item had to be dedicated. Did anyone else have any similar experiences?

My friend got Peter Mayhew at another show, and went back to him at C6 to have the existing sig dedicated. A grumpy Peter said no.

Also, Kenny Baker refused to dedicate his own item....

Anyone know why some guests do this? As it makes no sence to me at all!

My friend got Peter Mayhew at another show, and went back to him at C6 to have the existing sig dedicated. A grumpy Peter said no.

Also, Kenny Baker refused to dedicate his own item....

Anyone know why some guests do this? As it makes no sence to me at all!

I can guess that the DON'T want to do undedicated items, because they're sick of seeing their signature on e-bay (I'm not commenting on whether this is right or wrong!)

Reasons for NOT wanting to dedicate items could include (but not exclusivly be) issues caused when they spell the name wrong or write the wrong thing!

I had a think about this and wondered whether some actors don't like the idea of signing private items undedicated, because it means that the person will have a potentially "unique" item. If they sign undedicated lots of their own photographs, it means that there are plenty floating around and therefore the "value" won't be quite as high as an item that no one else will have signed.

I think that at a future event there needs to be some clarity about the dedicated/undedicated status of the guests.

I understand why they don't dedicate sometimes with the more popular guests, but to have the star insisting on putting your name/dedication on your own personal item is frustrating. Like many of us I have a big poster that I get signed but the actors involved and I have no intention of selling it on. When it is complete it will be a show piece. Therefore if one of the actors was to insist on personallising it I would ask for my money back. It would be ruined if they wrote my name on it!

Garrick Hagon was a bit funny with me, when I said that I wanted my own item signed undedicated.  He said that he would sign the photograph provided undedicated, but my own item had to be dedicated.  Did anyone else have any similar experiences?

I had no problem with Garrick Hagon, I had met him once before and he is a top bloke, and when I met him agian he was very talkative and pleasant (and only a tenner a deal).

Maybe you caught him after someone had annoyed him.

I understand why they don't dedicate sometimes with the more popular guests, but to have the star insisting on putting your name/dedication on your own personal item is frustrating. Like many of us I have a big poster that I get signed but the actors involved and I have no intention of selling it on. When it is complete it will be a show piece. Therefore if one of the actors was to insist on personallising it I would ask for my money back. It would be ruined if they wrote my name on it!

I am the same - have posters , undedicated , from Buffy , Star Wars , Stargate and all 3 LOTR films . These posters are mine , not for future sale , but I do not want my name on them because of a number of reasons .

1 I think they look daft if everybody has signed To ......

2 I also think they look daft if 8 have dedicated and 4 haven't .

3 My name is DAREN , but most people spell it DARREN , and it would well p**s me off if someone spelt it wrong , so I don't take the chance . I like my name but get really annoyed when it is spelt incorrectly .

In the next couple of weeks I will be meeting Eliza Dushku , but last time she would only dedicate - if it is the same this time I will not get anything signed . Like I said , these are not to sell they are mine , but I feel we should be given a choice . I know why she does this , but it is tarring all with the same brush - my posters are very special to me and will not be getting sold .

Peter Mayhew initially said no to me when I asked for my poster to be dedicated, and yes he was a bit grumpy about it saying it would hold up queues, although there wasn't a queue. I asked if I came back later would he dedicate it and he said relucantly, he would if there was no queue. SO I returned later when there was no queue at all, and so he reluctantly added a dedication to my item. Kenny, Dave, Carrie and Billy dedicated my poster with no problems. But as to Carrie and Billy's behaviour, well that's another topic...!