GUEST CANCELATION - MIRANDA OTTO

showmasters

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
They should have in their contract that they can't cancel the week before the event i think that's fair

I mean it's tues Miranada was ment to be here fri that's ridiculous and one quessie what kind of job starts at thr end of the week ?? very strange

Actings roles are ANY time of the week, it's no 9-5 office job!

And they can't have it in their contract not to cancel the week before - what would u choose if you were her, a job that will last for weeks and have a large sum of money with which she can live off, or a small convention which is on for 3 days ... I know the fans get let down but the circumstances are ALWAYS made clear, yes we get disappointed but there's no point in complaining sadly.

why are so many guests been cancelling it's so sad. Such last mintue notice many people are now unable to cancel they own hotel etc.

Is there an reason why we did not know until last night.

I would of though Miranda would have her scendla sorted at least an week in advance. I'm sure she would have had to set off on the thursday.

• Moderators

I would of though Miranda would have her scendla sorted at least an week in advance. I'm sure she would have had to set off on the thursday.

Sorry to quote u but u do seem to question a lot of what happens on here.

Why do u assume it would be a week in advance? I'm assuming you're not involved with any of what she's working in so ur knowledge of her business would be NONE, right? ... it's not good saying that, we're given the information as soon as possible.

Why do u assume it would be a week in advance? I'm assuming you're not involved with any of what she's working in so ur knowledge of her business would be NONE, right? ... it's not good saying that, we're given the information as soon as possible.

from what I know of filming scedelcers (sp) they always plan at least one week in advance where they are filming etc. Also David I was not directing the question at you.

I wondered if someone from showmasters could answer me and as I have said many times before I'm beginning to lose faith with them. This is why I said it.

• Moderators

Well, surprisingly I'm sure they have a lot better things to be doing 2 days before C6 starts than to be sitting here and answering you ... many other people seem to be willingly accepting Miranda has a job, and that's that, shame u can't do the same isn't it :unsure: Seems like u wanna question every last thing that happens round here, and they don't have the time to be explaining every contract to you, and every last piece of scheduling information of all the guests that appear and don't appear. Save ur questions for C6 if ur that insistant on knowing every last piece of info on everyone.

David: I feel that answering Hobbitlover in such a way is uncalled for. If we do not question whats happening, we never find out all the details. People have paid money to see these guests, some have only booked tix, hotel, travel etc just to see Miranda and many do understand that she has a job(I understand this full well) but that doesn't mean we don't want a more through explanation as to why she cancelled a few days before the show. Please try and be more understanding of peoples situations and don't be so rude, just because Hobbitlover asked more questions than u want to hear.

Good Luck to miranda and i hope to see u at C7!!!!! and Karl too!!!!!!!!

Edited by menmeryiset

• Moderators

Well sorry if you found me rude, but personally I don't see how it's actually gonna affect anyone by knowing every last detail of Miranda's work committments ... she's not coming, that's pretty much the end of it sadly. Hobbitlover has continually asked questions about contract details etc and I don't think Showmasters have the time to answer such intrusive questions so close to an event. I'm understanding of situations, of course I am, but are answers to questions such as those asked aren't gonna help people get refunds on train tickets, or hotels, or even bring Miranda to C6 so yup I see them as pretty pointless really. If Showmasters want to come on here and give details then that's fine.

i second that, to be honest what makes you think she found out she is workin on a new project weeks ago, she decided to take the job, then the agent or watnot would have told SM asap, so you couldnt have known a week in advance. As for losing faith...what a load of crap ..losing faith. what has faith got to do with it and its not SM who cancell guests so maybe you should loose your faith in Miranda

Does this mean people have LotR talk tickets they might consider getting rid of cheap? I am way too poor to buy one but I'd love to go to it. It would be a nice end to what is sure to be a very wearing weekend, as I'm working all 3 days of it.

from what I know of filming scedelcers (sp) they always plan at least one week in advance where they are filming etc. Also David I was not directing the question at you.

I wondered if someone from showmasters could answer me and as I have said many times before I'm beginning to lose faith with them. This is why I said it.

David, I am confused when you said we?

You’re just a normal member on the Showmasters board/ Secret Moderator, who helps out at Showmasters events?

If you had Admin under your name then yes, if you worked with Showmasters then yes, if you played a part other than posting messages on the board and helping out at the event then yes, you can answer in a non-rude way like any other member would to help out even if the person who ask a question is unfamiliar with things like this, im not one to moan, and i don’t mean to but every time i come on this board its like you want to run it.