New Ideas for Horror Films

GoldenGreen

Every know and again, someone comes along and re-invents the Horror genre, but where to next ?

If you were going to create a new Horror movie or character, what would you do ?

We have had Freddy, Jason, Michael , Leatherface, the Creeper etc

But who is going to be next ?

Hey Jack what kind of script??? I have loads of ideas for horror films, I once thought about writing a script for a halloween or friday 13th film but thought it wouldn't be worth it as if I sent it to the film companies they probably get 100's a week and wouldnt bother with it!

I remember at C5 there was a man chatting with someone who was with Robert Englund about sending his script off to be looked at!

Thanks, porkfat! I've been lurking around for a little while and figured I ought to post, and you're right, EVERYONE loves cannibals!!! :lol:B)

:D

hm...

what about a spin on Three Kings?

A group of Soldiers go into the woods to search out some buried Nazi Gold, get hopelessly lost (Blair Witch-style) and end up going crazy and eating each other! With perhaps a Keyser Soze - Usual Suspects twist?

...wow. I'm clearly in the wrong business! ;)

That sounds fantastic! *goes to book tickets for premiere*

Perhaps another twist with the soldiers returning from the dead (once they've eaten each other somewhat) and feasting on the souls of wandering tourists? (perhaps a sequel?) I think it should be set in outer Siberia :P

But yeah, some interestin ideas rolling around here. :D

Perhaps another twist with the soldiers returning from the dead (once they've eaten each other somewhat) and feasting on the souls of wandering tourists? (perhaps a sequel?) I think it should be set in outer Siberia :P

Plenty of wandering tourists in Outer Siberia!

:unsure::lol::lol:

HOLLYWOOD, ARE YOU READING THIS!?

Perhaps another twist with the soldiers returning from the dead (once they've eaten each other somewhat) and feasting on the souls of wandering tourists? (perhaps a sequel?) I think it should be set in outer Siberia  :P

:wub::wub::wub:

with some of the stuff people have come up with (ie, young half-naked girls conveniantly wandering around in the woods in some forgotten state of America, where, conveniantly, there happens to be an evil monster that has conveniantly awoken at that particular time after, what, seven hundred years sleep?.....) Outer Siberia sounds pretty decent.. :huh::huh::P

Of course, there may be a limited supply of actors with the right accents for the locals, but hey, I'm sure it'd be a hit!

Roughly when is the peak tourist season for outer Siberia? ;) it has to be believable... B)

Perhaps another twist with the soldiers returning from the dead (once they've eaten each other somewhat) and feasting on the souls of wandering tourists? (perhaps a sequel?) I think it should be set in outer Siberia  :P

:lol::lol::o

with some of the stuff people have come up with (ie, young half-naked girls conveniantly wandering around in the woods in some forgotten state of America, where, conveniantly, there happens to be an evil monster that has conveniantly awoken at that particular time after, what, seven hundred years sleep?.....) Outer Siberia sounds pretty decent.. :lol::lol::lol:

Of course, there may be a limited supply of actors with the right accents for the locals, but hey, I'm sure it'd be a hit!

Roughly when is the peak tourist season for outer Siberia? :lol: it has to be believable... B)

when ISN'T there a surge of filthy tourists in Outer Siberia!?

Sean Connery is a must for a Russian Soldier! I mean, he can do any accent! :lol::lol::lol:

hmm...

What about parasites, as well? Evil parasites that make the Russian Soldiers go mad and eat each other?

um. all this Cannibal talk is making me hungry. :(

Crackin Avatar, Porkfat. :D

Sean Connery, now there's an option, maybe he could be the HOST of the parasitic Russian-soldier eating disease?

hehehehe, this is shaping up rather interestingly.

Frank D, love Naked Gun. Absolutely rocking.

Crackin Avatar, Porkfat. :angel:

:wub:

hmmm...

Sean Connery: typhoid Mary!

:wub:

So what do we have so far?

1942, Sean Connery and Russian chums get lost on a search for Nazi Gold in Outer Siberia. Along the way, Sir Sean goes crazy with parasites and eats his fellow comrades... and it all ends in 90's L.A. with a wee glove, and the most 'hilarious' murder trial ever!

we're onto a winner, here!

oh, and Michael Madsen has to be in there somewhere... because he's cool! :o

I think somewhere along the lines Sigourney weaver should come swinging from the trees with a flamethrower...ok, maybe not. But its an option.

To add a twist in the tale, when Sean goes crazy, the parasites take over all of those-now-zombiefied-Russian soldiers and allows them to cryogenically freeze themselves for forty five years or so, (in order for them to end up in LA) they also pick up some unsuspecting tarantula DNA. So, in effect, whn they arrive in the next time zone, they're slobbering flesh eating Siberian tourist-soldier zombies with a knack of climbing walls....

Then maybe Sigourney....

:P;)

This is a good script. :P

I think somewhere along the lines Sigourney weaver should come swinging from the trees with a flamethrower...ok, maybe not. But its an option.

To add a twist in the tale, when Sean goes crazy, the parasites take over all of those-now-zombiefied-Russian soldiers and allows them to cryogenically freeze themselves for forty five years or so, (in order for them to end up in LA) they also pick up some unsuspecting tarantula DNA. So, in effect, whn they arrive in the next time zone, they're slobbering flesh eating Siberian tourist-soldier zombies with a knack of climbing walls....

Then maybe Sigourney....

:D:firedevil:

This is a good script. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

*wipes eyes dry*

I love it!

hmmm... how to add Sigourney? :rolleyes:

Ok, what about a Die Hard-style element of having all these 'tourists' holed-up in some big Russian building with Sigourney running around in a dirty vest shooting all the naughty, naughty zombies?

;)

Blimey, what did I start with this thread. I check back and we have almost a trilogy featuring cannibalistic zombie Sean Connery's taking on a flaming Sigourney Weaver. Well, something like that !

Seeing SAW the other day made me think there is still some hope for new ideas, now, where is that pen, must jot a few down.

Ok, what about a Die Hard-style element of having all these 'tourists' holed-up in some big Russian building with Sigourney running around in a dirty vest shooting all the naughty, naughty zombies?

this is sterling stuff, porkfat. Loving it. :unsure::P If Sigourney's gonna do that, we need her to get a sidekick....hows about Sarah Michelle Gellar? She knows how to kick undead butt... :lol::P

GoldenGreen, I have yet to see that film, is it any good? I've seen the trailers but generally heard little baout it.