STAR WARS TRILOGY DVD

Yodas'stuntman

IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED THEM YET THEN DONT READ ON, SEE IF YOU NOTICE THE SUBTLE DIFFERANCES IN ALL THE FILMS THEN COME BACK!!! :lol:

A NEW HOPE

1. Jabba has completely changed in his scene with han he's been made alot fatter and a darker colour and also note his fist clenching when han treads on his tail.

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

2. Boba fetts voice has changed it is now the voice of Temura Morrison which obviously it should be being a clone of Jango. Also the sound of his ship now sounds more like AOTC

3. The Emperor has completely changed its now Ian McDairmid and this scene has slightly extended with new dialogue with the emperor saying that luke is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker and Vader surprised at this asks him "How is that possible" showing us now that he knows nothing about his offspring.

4. The point where Vader tells luke he's his father Luke decides to commit suicide rather than going to the darkside. Mark Hammil has always said he was never happy that Luke starts to scream as he falls which if commiting suicide you wouldnt so this has been taken out.

Return of the Jedi

5. Hayden now at the end as the ghost of Anakin.

6. The celebration scenes at the end now have Naboo in as well

7. Overall the colour of the lightsabres has been redone with a richer colour and glowing more especially in a new hope so they now look more like the prequels

So what did you think of the changes? Did you spot anymore? please share :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

I had a quick look Monday night to se if they'd changed the Han/Greedo scene and Greedo still fires first :D

Then looked a ROTJ to see if it was true about Hayden being the ghost. I'm still interested to know at what point does Vader grow 5 inches :unsure:

The scene with Han and Greedo has been re-done, they now shot at the same time instead of Greedo shooting first and missing and the movement of Han is alot better and doesnt look as bad as it did in the SE.

Also, in A New Hope, the prison cellblock walkway were Leia is being held is now alot longer than it was before.

In the end celebration of ROTJ where you see people celebrating on Courscant you can now see the Senate building and the Jedi Temple in the background.

1. Gungans on the roof of the Naboo celebration scene added at the end of Jedi yelling 'wesa free'

2. The bit in New Hope with Luke's Landspeeder entering Mos Eisley has been cleaned up

3. Obi Wans Dragon scream at the Sand People has been changed to a higher pitched scream from a wail.

4. Sebastioan Shaws eyebrows removed in Jedi

A few that haven't been mentioned: :rolleyes:

Episode IV: A New Hope

- Twin sun effect added in particular scene on Tatooine.

- Dianoga (trash-compactor creature) has been improved.

- "Power" and "Tractor Beam" English words have been replaced with Star Wars "Basic" language.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

- Han Solo's black jacket has been erased, due to cut mistakes in the original movie.

Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

- Edge transparency defects around the Rancor have been removed.

- Sebastian Shaw's eyes are now blue, to fit in with Hayden Christensen.

What a sad g*t I truely am, I actually noticed 1,2 5 and 6 of the first list (and hubby is the real Star Wars fan, I think I've really annoyed him these past couple of days :wub: )

I know many people will always prefer the old versions (the classics) but I did enjoy watching the revamped editions, for me they looked alot more modern and believable (said I was sad!!)

On the whole the DVDs look fantastic but I do have one gripe.

In the scene at then end of Jedi when Luke looks over and sees Obi Wan Yoda and then Anakin appears, there is a residue of an orange shape there just before Christensen appears. It looks as if they haven't been able to totally erase Sebastian Shaw's shape from the film before re-editing with Christensen. His movement also looks awkward like he's a bit embarrased in the first bit before it cuts back to Luke.

I personally can't see why the change was necessary, there are a few theories I have heard/come up with why this change was made. One being it made the prequels part of the original trilogy so there is no real way to ignore them. The second theory being that as a younger version it is the way Anakin looked before he turned to the darkside but then by saving Luke at the end of Jedi I would have thought that was his redeeming moment therefore why not stick with Sebastian Shaw. The last idea bieng that it is the last time he is completely human which I think is possible.

Given this is a change I don't think was necessary in the first place they might have least done it so it was totally seamless.

The Rancor scene with Luke has been improved since 97. If you compare the new release to the 97 SE it now has more detail, the matte lines have been removed and I dont know about anyone else but before Luke being in the scene with the Rancor just looked really fake but now it does look pretty good but still not 100% but it is amazing what they can do with a 10 year old film.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

The Rancor scene with Luke has been improved since 97. If you compare the new release to the 97 SE it now has more detail, the matte lines have been removed and I dont know about anyone else but before Luke being in the scene with the Rancor just looked really fake but now it does look pretty good but still not 100% but it is amazing what they can do with a 10 year old film.

This has probably been asked and answered before, so i apologise in advance if it has.

But i seem to remember when i very first saw jedi (back in the mid 80's), the luke/rancor scene, where luke jumps up and grabs the grate in the ceiling...i know im not imagining it cos ive spoke to several people who have seen it also.. ;)

Edited by ashleo78

This has probably been asked and answered before, so i apologise in advance if it has.

But i seem to remember when i very first saw jedi, the luke/rancor scene, where luke jumps up and grabs the grate in the ceiling...i know im not imagining it cos ive spoke to several people who have seen it also.. :D

No idea im afraid as the first time I saw Jedi was the 97 SE on Video but its defently not in the DVD release.

even the DVD sleeve artwork keeps in context with the prequel artwork.

the only downside is the lack of Deleted Scenes section which should be present on the fourth disc, each film has a bunch of scenes taken out which should be rightfully placed here... but arnt

- "Power" and "Tractor Beam" English words have been replaced with Star Wars "Basic" language.

WTF???!!!! Can you please re-phrase that as I didn't get it.

Oh and GREEN lightsabre?! Why oh why did he do that????!!! In ANH Ben gives it to Luke saying that it once belonged to his father and yet in AOTC Anakin uses a blue one.

Oh and aren't all the stormtroopers' voices re-dubbed to sound like Temura Morrisons too in addition to Boba Fett?

Hayden replacing Seb Shaw in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ?

If you were Luke wouldn't you be looking at him wondering who he was? Luke never saw what his father looked like when he was young. In the original version he recognised him as his father cos he had just taken off Vader's helmet.

Apparently the whole Hayden being in Jedi will be explained once we see Episode 3 and I believe something is said in the commentary about the scene.

I dont believe they changed the lightsaber to green on purpose, might have happened during the clean-up and they couldnt correct it, who knows.

As for the Stormtroopers being re-dubbed by Temura Morrisons, all the Clonetroopers in Episode 2 sound like him because they are clones of him but by the time of A New Hope I would have thought that most if not all of the stormtroopers would just be normal recruits who have joined the Imperials army so there would be no need to change their voices.

Also, when Obi-Wan is turning off the tractor beam in A New Hope you see a panel where the power level drops. Well in the original all the text was in English but they have removed the English and replaced it with the basic Star Wars language.

Note to any budding directors

if you write a story that is 6 films long

please please please film no 1 first

if you start at no 4 special effects will improve while your doing the other 3

and then you will have to go back and continually tamper with them

to make them look right

this silly system has also been done n Star Trek with Enterprise

the Enterprise in this show looks loads better than the next one of the original Star Trek

why do they do it

Gary

well i have read through all these posts and some of the things mentioned i picked up on and others i didnt, so thanks, i will be on the look out when i watch the films again.

personally i am really pleased i now have the original films on dvd it does make for much better viewing than video :rolleyes:

Edited by Narago