Sarah Michelle Gellar

GoldenGreen

I cant see that at all! Im really shocked if this is true that Melissa Joan Hart didnt get the part, i mean she was really good in the tv series and i thought it was only natural that she would be picked to play Sabrina again.

First off...a film that is two years away from filming and is announcing the cast lead already? I find that odd...

Also, Sarah Michelle Gellar should give up on her film career as it has no depth. If she intends to continue her film career then she needs to choose credible roles and build a strong foundation.

Father Coop...not a fan of SMG!!!

what i heard on the radio is that she is gonna play Phoenix in the next Xmen film which wouldnt surprise me due to the fact that it looks like Joss is gonna direct it

Gellar can't be the Phoenix. It would get so much bad publicity as Jean Grey is alreayd cast.

Father Coop..Leader of th Gellar out of films brigade :huh: !

Father Coop..Leader of th Gellar out of films brigade :D !

Father Coop

Ya big meanie !

Leave SMG alone.

GG

he doesnt mean it

i for one think she would do a good job as Phoenix

I bloody well do Paul. I have told you numerous times that she has never had and never will have more than a below par film career and should stick to television.

I never watched Buffy because of Gellar...

I wached it despite of Gellar...

That does not mean I think ill of anyone who likes her, but I never watched Buffy or Angel for Gellar or Boreanaz.

Father Coop....Head of the Holy Order of Julie Benz!!!

Father Coop..Leader of th Gellar out of films brigade :rolleyes: !

Father Coop

Ya big meanie !

Leave SMG alone.

GG

he doesnt mean it

I bloody well do Paul. I have told you numerous times that she has never had and never will have more than a below par film career and should stick to television.

That does not mean I think ill of anyone who likes her, but I never watched Buffy or Angel for Gellar or Boreanaz.

Go Julie !

But surely Father, you should be more understanding for members of the flock.

What sins have young Sarah and young David committed to feel your wrath !

Father Coop..Leader of th Gellar out of films brigade :P !

Father Coop

Ya big meanie !

Leave SMG alone.

GG

he doesnt mean it

Go Julie !

But surely Father, you should be more understanding for members of the flock.

What sins have young Sarah and young David committed to feel your wrath !

the father is just a meenie

i certainly havent got a problem with Sarah or David they have given me my fav tv programs

My problems with the former Miss Gellar and the current Mr Boreanaz are:

1. They head TV shows where other cast members have far surpassed their acting ability and left said Gellar and Boreanaz behind.

2. Both have film careers that are still in the beginning stages and they come off as not recognising they have a long way to go.

3. Both Gellar and Boreanaz seem to think they are better than attending events etc. Gellar has either refused to attend or has set too high a price to do anything fan related unless made to by the relative network or film studio involved. She recently did the San Diego Comic Con on orders of the film studio who made THE GRUDGE. Inkworks Cards also went on record recently saying that SMG wanted a 7 figure sum to sign for the final season of Buffy Trading Cards in a joint auto card wth Joss Whedon and therefore could not afford it.

4. Boreanaz has signed to do a total of 2 events past and present and the cost has been immense. Neither have been or will be proper conventions and the cheapest ticket price for the upcoming event is £300.

So, as a fan, it beggers belief how much disrespect they have for the fans when others do so much.

I have never said that people shouldn't be fans of either star, but the Flock should also respect the Father's opinions on both stars.

In my minds, Buffy Summers and Angel were mere co stars to the leading characters of Willow, Spike, Faith, Wesley, Giles, Xander, Anya, Cordy, Fred, Lorne etc etc etc and the MAIN STAR OF ESCH SHOW....JULIE "DARLA" BENZ!!!

Father Coop...give me Darla or sod off!!!

My problems with the former Miss Gellar and the current Mr Boreanaz are:

1. They head TV shows where other cast members have far surpassed their acting ability and left said Gellar and Boreanaz behind.

2. Both have film careers that are still in the beginning stages and they come off as not recognising they have a long way to go.

3. Both Gellar and Boreanaz seem to think they are better than attending events etc. Gellar has either refused to attend or has set too high a price to do anything fan related unless made to by the relative network or film studio involved. She recently did the San Diego Comic Con on orders of the film studio who made THE GRUDGE. Inkworks Cards also went on record recently saying that SMG wanted a 7 figure sum to sign for the final season of Buffy Trading Cards in a joint auto card wth Joss Whedon and therefore could not afford it.

4. Boreanaz has signed to do a total of 2 events past and present and the cost has been immense. Neither have been or will be proper conventions and the cheapest ticket price for the upcoming event is £300.

So, as a fan, it beggers belief how much disrespect they have for the fans when others do so much.

I have never said that people shouldn't be fans of either star, but the Flock should also respect the Father's opinions on both stars.

In my minds, Buffy Summers and Angel were mere co stars to the leading characters of Willow, Spike, Faith, Wesley, Giles, Xander, Anya, Cordy, Fred, Lorne etc etc etc and the MAIN STAR OF ESCH SHOW....JULIE "DARLA" BENZ!!!

Father Coop...give me Darla or sod off!!!

Father Coop, take a reality check , purleeese !

Sarah Michelle Gellar has been the headline star of BTVS for seven seasons, she has also starred in :

I Know what you did last Summer

Scream 2

Cruel Intentions

Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo 2

O.K. none were Shakespeare, but she is certainly the most bankable box office star out of the series at the moment.

I do however, have some respect for your views on Mr Boreanaz, as I am afraid, the film Valentine springs to mind, and not a lot else.

However, he was still the main star of a TV show for five years, plus his couple of years as a main supporting actor on BTVS.

If you look at other classic Sci-Fi / Cult shows , how many of the main stars attend Conventions regularly.

How many times did you see David Duchovy and Gillian Anderson at Conventions, or Ford, Hamill and Fisher at Star Wars conventions. O.K. Carrie gladly is doing a few now, but her auto aint cheap. Also , you will be set back a fair few bucks to get hold of William Shatners auto, or have a photo with him.

They are not really doing anything different to their peers before.

Hey, I have a grasp on reality, and like you I have personal opininons. At least show me the respect I have shown you and not go "take a reality check" in my face so to speak

Sarah Michelle Gellar has been the headline star of BTVS for seven seasons, she has also starred in :

Gellar may be the headline star in name, but from a personal point of view I feel other cats members have surpassed her in the show - as said, this is just my personal opinion

Scream 2

Cruel Intentions

Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo 2

To my knowledge, she was a mere co-star in these and never a headliner. Check the posters printed for the films - but, everyone's perception of a headline star is different

O.K. none were Shakespeare, but she is certainly the most bankable box office star out of the series at the moment.

I myself, and numerous people I know, would very much disagree on the "most bankable box office star out of the series at the moment - Alyson Hannigan has shown that her film profile has sky rocketed following the American Pie trilogy. But, once again, this i sbut my opinion.

I do however, have some respect for your views on Mr Boreanaz, as I am afraid, the film Valentine springs to mind, and not a lot else.

However, he was still the main star of a TV show for five years, plus his couple of years as a main supporting actor on BTVS.

The same happened to David in that other cast members went past him in the popularity stakes during the 5 year stint. The same also goes for his film career as Seth Green - albeit only a brief appearance - has been very successful in garnering regular and respected film work. But again, this is but my opininon and i respect other people's right to an opinion.

If you look at other classic Sci-Fi / Cult shows , how many of the main stars attend Conventions regularly.

How many times did you see David Duchovy and Gillian Anderson at Conventions, or Ford, Hamill and Fisher at Star Wars conventions. O.K. Carrie gladly is doing a few now, but her auto aint cheap. Also , you will be set back a fair few bucks to get hold of William Shatners auto, or have a photo with him.

My comments were directed at Gellar and Boreanaz, and at this time I will not comment on the others as neither Gellar or Boreanaz can hang with Duchovny, Harrison Ford or Bill Shatner. I would group them Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as those people are pretty much one trick ponies in very well known productions. I am actually a fan of Carrie Fisher for The Blues Brothers and not her role as Leia. Mark Hamill has made a healthy living off of being Luke Skywalker and Gillian Anderson will always be known as Scully unless she does anything major and soon.

As regards conventions, Harrison Ford is a major A list Hollywood star and I would be very shocked to see him at a signing. Bill Shatner has a wel known dislike for his fans and i have no desire to pay for his autograph or have a photo with him and I am a Trek fan.To me, the original Trek was Spock and not Kirk to me. I detested his role/character. Duchovny has done signings in the States and Australia (as has Anderson), but once again I would not be shocked to see him chug along to a Collectormania in the future.

This whole thing is not about the peers of SMG and DB, but the track records of those two. My comments were about them and them only and I will round it up now with the following....

I have respected everyone's views about certain stars and I ask they, that includes you Golden Green, respectg my views. I do not ask anyone else to share my views, although it seems a few people don't like DB :D.

Father Coop...he ain't a meanie...he just has taste in cast members (cough..Julie Benz!!!)

Edited by Father Coop

Hey, I have a grasp on reality, and like you I have personal opininons. At least show me the respect I have shown you and not go "take a reality check" in my face so to speak

Gellar may be the headline star in name, but from a personal point of view I feel other cats members have surpassed her in the show - as said, this is just my personal opinion

Scream 2

Cruel Intentions

Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo 2

To my knowledge, she was a mere co-star in these and never a headliner. Check the posters printed for the films - but, everyone's perception of a headline star is different

I myself, and numerous people I know, would very much disagree on the "most bankable box office star out of the series at the moment - Alyson Hannigan has shown that her film profile has sky rocketed following the American Pie trilogy. But, once again, this i sbut my opinion.

The same happened to David in that other cast members went past him in the popularity stakes during the 5 year stint. The same also goes for his film career as Seth Green - albeit only a brief appearance - has been very successful in garnering regular and respected film work. But again, this is but my opininon and i respect other people's right to an opinion.

My comments were directed at Gellar and Boreanaz, and at this time I will not comment on the others as neither Gellar or Boreanaz can hang with Duchovny, Harrison Ford or Bill Shatner. I would group them Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as those people are pretty much one trick ponies in very well known productions. I am actually a fan of Carrie Fisher for The Blues Brothers and not her role as Leia. Mark Hamill has made a healthy living off of being Luke Skywalker and Gillian Anderson will always be known as Scully unless she does anything major and soon.

As regards conventions, Harrison Ford is a major A list Hollywood star and I would be very shocked to see him at a signing. Bill Shatner has a wel known dislike for his fans and i have no desire to pay for his autograph or have a photo with him and I am a Trek fan.To me, the original Trek was Spock and not Kirk to me. I detested his role/character. Duchovny has done signings in the States and Australia (as has Anderson), but once again I would not be shocked to see him chug along to a Collectormania in the future.

This whole thing is not about the peers of SMG and DB, but the track records of those two. My comments were about them and them only and I will round it up now with the following....

I have respected everyone's views about certain stars and I ask they, that includes you Golden Green, respectg my views. I do not ask anyone else to share my views, although it seems a few people don't like DB :unsure:.

Father Coop...he ain't a meanie...he just has taste in cast members (cough..Julie Benz!!!)

You are entitled to your views sure, but I am also entitled to defend the main stars of two of my favourite shows.

I didn't say SMG was the headline star of the five films I mentioned.

Seth Green already had a film career before he appeared as OZ.

If you don't like either of them then fine, but don't expect fans to keep quiet and not reply to negative posts such as yours about SMG and DB.

For the last seven years they have brought to the screen two great characters, who have brought pleasure to millions of fans across they world. If you enjoyed the series , as you say, then I would hope you would be more positive in hoping they go on to develop successful film careers in the future, rather than trying to start a campaign to get them out of films.

I hope that the SMG's forthcoming movie, the Grudge is a success and also that DB has success in Wicked Prayer.

We all need to have different opinions would be boring if we didn't, all these views need to be respected - we might not agree with them all but it doesn't make any one else wrong. Please don't be mean to each other!

For what it's worth here's what I think...

SMG - loved her in the early Buffy, I do think that a lot of the cast grew into better actors/actresses as the season prgressed. The show might have had her name in the title but it was an ensemble piece. Her (illedged)attitude on set on the later seasons of Buffy proved that she was a little up her self and thought that she was the star and that everyone else was there to support her. Rumour had it that she was barely speaking to some of the cast towards the end and they were all very relieved when she didn't show at the wrap party as she was off to do Scooby Doo 2. Whether this is true or not I do think that there are better actors in the show and she shouldn't be thinking that she's a huge movie star just yet.

The fact that she was ordered to go a con in the USA for The Grudge seems to speak volumes and makes me think that her attitude is more real than not.

DB - I love him as Angel, having only seen Valentine I feel he has a way to go with the movies but hope he gets some good roles that are suited to him.

Going back to the topic of this thread I don't think Gellar is right for the Sabrina role - Melissa JH or someone completely new, I feel SMG has a bit too much spooky/witchy baggage for this one!!

Edited by Radar