Sarah Michelle Gellar

GoldenGreen

Father Coop, take a reality check , purleeese !

Hey, I have a grasp on reality, and like you I have personal opininons. At least show me the respect I have shown you and not go "take a reality check" in my face so to speak

Sarah Michelle Gellar has been the headline star of BTVS for seven seasons, she has also starred in :

Gellar may be the headline star in name, but from a personal point of view I feel other cats members have surpassed her in the show - as said, this is just my personal opinion

I Know what you did last Summer

Scream 2

Cruel Intentions

Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo  2

To my knowledge, she was a mere co-star in these and never a headliner. Check the posters printed for the films - but, everyone's perception of a headline star is different

O.K. none were Shakespeare, but she is certainly the most bankable box office star out of the series at the moment.

I myself, and numerous people I know, would very much disagree on the "most bankable box office star out of the series at the moment - Alyson Hannigan has shown that her film profile has sky rocketed following the American Pie trilogy. But, once again, this i sbut my opinion.

I do however, have some respect for your views on Mr Boreanaz, as I am afraid, the film Valentine springs to mind, and not a lot else.

However, he was still the main star of a TV show for five years, plus his couple of years as a main supporting actor on BTVS.

The same happened to David in that other cast members went past him in the popularity stakes during the 5 year stint. The same also goes for his film career as Seth Green - albeit only a brief appearance - has been very successful in garnering regular and respected film work. But again, this is but my opininon and i respect other people's right to an opinion.

If you look at other classic Sci-Fi / Cult shows , how many of the main stars attend Conventions regularly.

How many times did you see David Duchovy and Gillian Anderson at Conventions, or Ford, Hamill and Fisher at Star Wars conventions. O.K. Carrie gladly is doing a few now, but her auto aint cheap. Also , you will be set back a fair few bucks to get hold of William Shatners auto, or have a photo with him.

They are not really doing anything different to their peers before.

My comments were directed at Gellar and Boreanaz, and at this time I will not comment on the others as neither Gellar or Boreanaz can hang with Duchovny, Harrison Ford or Bill Shatner. I would group them Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as those people are pretty much one trick ponies in very well known productions. I am actually a fan of Carrie Fisher for The Blues Brothers and not her role as Leia. Mark Hamill has made a healthy living off of being Luke Skywalker and Gillian Anderson will always be known as Scully unless she does anything major and soon.

As regards conventions, Harrison Ford is a major A list Hollywood star and I would be very shocked to see him at a signing. Bill Shatner has a wel known dislike for his fans and i have no desire to pay for his autograph or have a photo with him and I am a Trek fan.To me, the original Trek was Spock and not Kirk to me. I detested his role/character. Duchovny has done signings in the States and Australia (as has Anderson), but once again I would not be shocked to see him chug along to a Collectormania in the future.

This whole thing is not about the peers of SMG and DB, but the track records of those two. My comments were about them and them only and I will round it up now with the following....

I have respected everyone's views about certain stars and I ask they, that includes you Golden Green, respectg my views. I do not ask anyone else to share my views, although it seems a few people don't like DB :P.

Father Coop...he ain't a meanie...he just has taste in cast members (cough..Julie Benz!!!)

You are entitled to your views sure, but I am also entitled to defend the main stars of two of my favourite shows.

I didn't say SMG was the headline star of the five films I mentioned.

Seth Green already had a film career before he appeared as OZ.

If you don't like either of them then fine, but don't expect fans to keep quiet and not reply to negative posts such as yours about SMG and DB.

For the last seven years they have brought to the screen two great characters, who have brought pleasure to millions of fans across they world. If you enjoyed the series , as you say, then I would hope you would be more positive in hoping they go on to develop successful film careers in the future, rather than trying to start a campaign to get them out of films.

I hope that the SMG's forthcoming movie, the Grudge is a success and also that DB has success in Wicked Prayer.

I will agree that you did not say SMG headlined the filsm you mentioned..that was an error on my part.

As regards not expecting people to reply..I never even intimated that my opinion was the one that was correct as my comments show.

Yes, I did enjoy the shows, but they were for reasons other than the portrayal of characters by DB and SMG.

Finally, why should I support film careers that I do not feel will happen on the big screen as I have said all along that DB and SMG are small screen talent.

But, once again I will reiterate that these are my personal opinions. I am more than happy to discuss any topic and to listen to any person's views. My negative views concerning SMG and DB in films are based on my personal tastes. I am 100% sure that there will be on screen talent I like that you do not.

My only beef with you was the way you opened up you reply about a reality check. I found it rather rude and unwarranted. It was not even worded tongue in cheek.

Apart form that, at least you know there will not be a shaven headed, 5ft 9 inch tall, 20 stone ex rugby player sitting infront of you in the cinema when either SMG or DB is in a film. That is unless Julie Benz is headling.. :D

Father Coop..he will always listen and respect people's views...but he hates rudeness!!!

Radar....as mentioned above, my only beef with GG was his/her rudeness with the relaity check comment. Apsrt from that I have no problem.

As regards SMG's alleged diva like behavious, if I ever meet you I can tell you which on screen talent said what about her. Just say that you may well have heard what I have been told.

Father Coop...he is one holy gossip!!!

As regards SMG's alleged diva like behavious, if I ever meet you I can tell you which on screen talent said what about her. Just say that you may well have heard what I have been told.

Father Coop...he is one holy gossip!!!

I love gossip!! :D

to be honest Sarah may have played the main role according to the name of the show and the credits but i still thought Alyson shone like a beacon

Davids work was never really impressive except for when he played Angelus

Alexis was by far the better actor in my eyes

Father Coop, take a reality check , purleeese !

Hey, I have a grasp on reality, and like you I have personal opininons. At least show me the respect I have shown you and not go "take a reality check" in my face so to speak

Sarah Michelle Gellar has been the headline star of BTVS for seven seasons, she has also starred in :

Gellar may be the headline star in name, but from a personal point of view I feel other cats members have surpassed her in the show - as said, this is just my personal opinion

I Know what you did last Summer

Scream 2

Cruel Intentions

Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo  2

To my knowledge, she was a mere co-star in these and never a headliner. Check the posters printed for the films - but, everyone's perception of a headline star is different

O.K. none were Shakespeare, but she is certainly the most bankable box office star out of the series at the moment.

I myself, and numerous people I know, would very much disagree on the "most bankable box office star out of the series at the moment - Alyson Hannigan has shown that her film profile has sky rocketed following the American Pie trilogy. But, once again, this i sbut my opinion.

I do however, have some respect for your views on Mr Boreanaz, as I am afraid, the film Valentine springs to mind, and not a lot else.

However, he was still the main star of a TV show for five years, plus his couple of years as a main supporting actor on BTVS.

The same happened to David in that other cast members went past him in the popularity stakes during the 5 year stint. The same also goes for his film career as Seth Green - albeit only a brief appearance - has been very successful in garnering regular and respected film work. But again, this is but my opininon and i respect other people's right to an opinion.

If you look at other classic Sci-Fi / Cult shows , how many of the main stars attend Conventions regularly.

How many times did you see David Duchovy and Gillian Anderson at Conventions, or Ford, Hamill and Fisher at Star Wars conventions. O.K. Carrie gladly is doing a few now, but her auto aint cheap. Also , you will be set back a fair few bucks to get hold of William Shatners auto, or have a photo with him.

They are not really doing anything different to their peers before.

My comments were directed at Gellar and Boreanaz, and at this time I will not comment on the others as neither Gellar or Boreanaz can hang with Duchovny, Harrison Ford or Bill Shatner. I would group them Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as those people are pretty much one trick ponies in very well known productions. I am actually a fan of Carrie Fisher for The Blues Brothers and not her role as Leia. Mark Hamill has made a healthy living off of being Luke Skywalker and Gillian Anderson will always be known as Scully unless she does anything major and soon.

As regards conventions, Harrison Ford is a major A list Hollywood star and I would be very shocked to see him at a signing. Bill Shatner has a wel known dislike for his fans and i have no desire to pay for his autograph or have a photo with him and I am a Trek fan.To me, the original Trek was Spock and not Kirk to me. I detested his role/character. Duchovny has done signings in the States and Australia (as has Anderson), but once again I would not be shocked to see him chug along to a Collectormania in the future.

This whole thing is not about the peers of SMG and DB, but the track records of those two. My comments were about them and them only and I will round it up now with the following....

I have respected everyone's views about certain stars and I ask they, that includes you Golden Green, respectg my views. I do not ask anyone else to share my views, although it seems a few people don't like DB :unsure:.

Father Coop...he ain't a meanie...he just has taste in cast members (cough..Julie Benz!!!)

You are entitled to your views sure, but I am also entitled to defend the main stars of two of my favourite shows.

I didn't say SMG was the headline star of the five films I mentioned.

Seth Green already had a film career before he appeared as OZ.

If you don't like either of them then fine, but don't expect fans to keep quiet and not reply to negative posts such as yours about SMG and DB.

For the last seven years they have brought to the screen two great characters, who have brought pleasure to millions of fans across they world. If you enjoyed the series , as you say, then I would hope you would be more positive in hoping they go on to develop successful film careers in the future, rather than trying to start a campaign to get them out of films.

I hope that the SMG's forthcoming movie, the Grudge is a success and also that DB has success in Wicked Prayer.

I will agree that you did not say SMG headlined the filsm you mentioned..that was an error on my part.

As regards not expecting people to reply..I never even intimated that my opinion was the one that was correct as my comments show.

Yes, I did enjoy the shows, but they were for reasons other than the portrayal of characters by DB and SMG.

Finally, why should I support film careers that I do not feel will happen on the big screen as I have said all along that DB and SMG are small screen talent.

But, once again I will reiterate that these are my personal opinions. I am more than happy to discuss any topic and to listen to any person's views. My negative views concerning SMG and DB in films are based on my personal tastes. I am 100% sure that there will be on screen talent I like that you do not.

My only beef with you was the way you opened up you reply about a reality check. I found it rather rude and unwarranted. It was not even worded tongue in cheek.

Apart form that, at least you know there will not be a shaven headed, 5ft 9 inch tall, 20 stone ex rugby player sitting infront of you in the cinema when either SMG or DB is in a film. That is unless Julie Benz is headling.. :D

Father Coop..he will always listen and respect people's views...but he hates rudeness!!!

Father Coop

If you found my wording to be offensive, it wasn't meant to be. It was as per my first reply, "Ya big meanie", all tongue in cheek !!

Mind you, I really must stop watching so much Jerry Springer !

GG