Guest announcement - TORI HIGGINSON

showmasters

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and as SM have said, we don't know the facts - perhaps they might be working WITH the other event in an attempt to benifit both parties?

Um, you've not read all the threads have you? All I can say is... I wish!

I think with all the things both organisers have said about each other... they are oscar winning actors themselves if they are!

i have to say, i honestly didn't expect the statement that has been made - i'd no idea that the organisers are actually working together. however, i'd like to point out that i've stopped reading dedicated fight threads on account of the fact that i'm tired of them. i don't know - or care - whats said on any thread about the organisers or by them. i just happen to be very idealistic - everyone can get on. without all the anger and fighting there has been recently.

EDIT - yes, thanks for making the position clear SM :blink: maybe now some of the bitterness going on can be dissolved :lol:

Edited by Gandalf the Black

We are very pleased to have an association with Level 3, and would like to thank Kez for coming on here and setting the record straight regarding the relationship between Showmasters and Level 3, and surrounding Torri's appearance at both events.

We will be working more closely with Level 3 in the future, and would like to thank them for being amongst the most honourable fellow event organisers we have worked with. As a general rule we do not endorse other events, as we have no control over them, and so are not able to be sure they are in the fans interests. However, knowing Level 3 as we do, and working increasingly closely with them, we have no hesitation in endorsing their event. If you are looking for a fantastic Stargate weekend, and the only place in this country you'll see Amanda Tapping this year, then look no further than Level 3!

Once again, thanks Kez, and all at Level 3, and look forward to seeing you at Collectormania.

Mark & Jason

This is such a nice post and just goes to show what CAN be achieved when con organisers work together. I look forward to all the great guests this partnership can bring for us Stargate fans!

PS And I hope you do continue to bring Stargate guests over - maybe to Milton Keynes this time lol.

can i just say..where are the people who started all of this now....proved wrong and gone with tail between legs, i highly doubt will see or hear of them again !!

First off, we are still here. and thankyou to L3 for your information.... HOWEVER.... this 'poaching' for guests originally applied to another event/organiser and that the question raised over Torri Higginson was simply another issue adding fuel to the fire. when many reffered to this 'poaching' the main bone of contention was, and still is, christopher judge.

We will wait and see the outcome.

can i just say..where are the people who started all of this now....proved wrong and gone with tail between legs, i highly doubt will see or hear of them again !!

First off, we are still here. and thankyou to L3 for your information.... HOWEVER.... this 'poaching' for guests originally applied to another event/organiser and that the question raised over Torri Higginson was simply another issue adding fuel to the fire. when many reffered to this 'poaching' the main bone of contention was, and still is, christopher judge.

GIVE IT A REST OK !!! :lol:

this issue is now OVER !!!!

GIVE IT A REST OK !!! :lol:

this issue is now OVER !!!!

its not just over - this isn't really the thread to start an argument on chris judge. go start a new thread if you must, isis, but stop abusing this thread please.

I am glad the whole 'Torri appearing at LFCC2 isnt fair and is underhand to the L3 convention' is over now, there is no way it can be unfair to the L3 event if they are partly responsible for bringing here to LFCC2.

The whole other 'poaching' discussion regarding Chris Judge doesnt really belong in this thread now so would it be possible to move all related threads to a new thread and this thread can go back to being what it should have been all along, about Torri and how excited we are to be meeting her :)

Anyway....onto nicer things.....does anyone know if there are any Atlantis posters or anything on sale yet?  I know there are crew photo's and such, but I've not seen any posters yet.  I don't knwo if anyone will be selling any at the events.

I have been looking for a cast print to get signed as an 8x10 cast photo is nice but its a little small to collect 5 signatures on and an A2 size print would be alot better but I dont think any have been created yet but I will keep an eye out at C6, maybe someone there will have something.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Anyway....onto nicer things.....does anyone know if there are any Atlantis posters or anything on sale yet?  I know there are crew photo's and such, but I've not seen any posters yet.  I don't knwo if anyone will be selling any at the events.

I have been looking for a cast print to get signed as an 8x10 cast photo is nice but its a little small to collect 5 signatures on and an A2 size print would be alot better but I dont think any have been created yet but I will keep an eye out at C6, maybe someone there will have something.

Go on Creationnet , where they are selling 10x15 photos from SGA - 8x10s also :D:lol:

Thanks to L3 for clearing up their position. I'd just like to point out that I was defending them based on their own statement, posted on their Yahoo group only the day before Showmasters announced Torri. In that statement they said that as far as they knew Torri was only doing their event. I guess that courtesy call was a last minute thing... but it appears to be the agent who was going behind people's backs.

Meanwhile the count of guests booked for an event the same weekend as LFCC who have been approached has now risen to 3. Both Don S Davis and Michael Shanks have declined the offers to come to LFCC in favour of keeping their existing commitments. We are still waiting to hear Chris Judge's decision.

Thanks to L3 for clearing up their position. I'd just like to point out that I was defending them based on their own statement, posted on their Yahoo group only the day before Showmasters announced Torri. In that statement they said that as far as they knew Torri was only doing their event. I guess that courtesy call was a last minute thing... but it appears to be the agent who was going behind people's backs.

Meanwhile the count of guests booked for an event the same weekend as LFCC who have been approached has now risen to 3. Both Don S Davis and Michael Shanks have declined the offers to come to LFCC in favour of keeping their existing commitments. We are still waiting to hear Chris Judge's decision.

and again, i'd like to ask please - take this into a different thread. it's not just off topic, but it's obviously offending other people in here that its continuing.

OK, I didn't want to start another thread, because hopefully there isn't any more arguing to do! Plus I was mostly answering the stuff about Torri... Anyway, if I post anything purely not about Torri in future, I will take it to another thread.

Where is your apology to SHOWMASTERS ???

You don't call that an apology do you ?

You accused them of going behind L3's backs and trying to poach their Guests, when clearly you didn't know all the facts. Did you start by asking Showmasters how they managed to get Torri ? NO you went off on one !

I think you owe SHOWMASTERS a big apology in regards to your Accusations against them :angry:

• Showmasters Admin
Meanwhile the count of guests booked for an event the same weekend as LFCC who have been approached has now risen to 3.  Both Don S Davis and Michael Shanks have declined the offers to come to LFCC in favour of keeping their existing commitments.  We are still waiting to hear Chris Judge's decision.

Yeah, if you believe people that just seem to cry wolf all the time!!!!!!!! ;)

And I just want to categorically deny that we approached Michael, Don or Chris about attending LFACC2. To say that we did is an outright lie, and that will all become apparent very soon.

Mark

Meanwhile the count of guests booked for an event the same weekend as LFCC who have been approached has now risen to 3.  Both Don S Davis and Michael Shanks have declined the offers to come to LFCC in favour of keeping their existing commitments.  We are still waiting to hear Chris Judge's decision.

Yeah, if you believe people that just seem to cry wolf all the time!!!!!!!! :P

And I just want to catagorically deny that we approached Michael, Don or Chris about attending LFACC2. To say that we did is an outright lie, and that will all become apparent very soon.

Mark

Intriguing ;)

Well yes, technically it was an agent that approached them. Are you saying they acted against your wishes?

Showmasters said that it will all become apparent soon.

So lets wait and see what happens.

Because last time you got it all wrong.

And where's that Apology ?