Stargate Sg1 newbie

Zimbing

Ok, so was sitting there bored last night and caught the SG 1 on T4 on the tv last night and went "hmmm this ain't bad", which then followed further boredom, which then led me to do a crash course in Stargate Sg1, very very very crash course.

SO

I've now "acquired" some eps from season 7 and 8, and got the DVD volumes 4 and 6. Yet to watch any (damn college) but my way of "acquiring" ain't that reliable if you get my drift, and the DVD volumes from the library are £2.50 each for a week, and rather strapped for cash seeing as it is "con season"

SO

For some reason I went "lets try and get into another fandom, heck cause I don't already spend enough money on others"

SO

Is there any episodes in particular that you'd recommend? Any of the DVD volumes 1-13 that particularly stand out and would rope in a newbie?

oh lets see um from season 2 the 2 parter "the tokra" would be very beneficial so would "in the line of duty" also season 2, the pilot episode (obviously!)solitudes from season 1, the 2 parter from season 3 jolinars memories/the devil you know oh and urgo from season 3 very funny!

if i think of any others ill post em here! welcome to the mad world of sg1 you're gonna love it!

welcome to the SG1 forum!!!! B)

ouchy £2.50 is alot seeing as there are lots of volumes!!!! :D

go with what Tiggerific suggested and if you like the idea of Sam and Jack getting together you will DEF like Window of Oppurtunity (s4) and we can suggest others!

if you any explanations such as what happends to Daniel (end s5) then just ask!

also please post in the "get to know each other" kinda section!! :D

surfy sah xx

heya zim!!! I already know you from the woolvettboard way back when!! :blink: welcome aboard!!

'Ello!

Not been there for yonkies! Can't say I'm that into Drom anymore, still like the classics though like Harper 2.0 :lol: Last time I went to the board it was rather... dead and topics that were active were by people I've never heard of...could be cause a few of us seemed like we were permently :rolleyes:

Cheers, great help :D

...oh and probably a Daniel fan in the making, its usually the geeks I go for ;)

Nooooo! Go for Jonas... Jonas... Jonas...

*Gets out hypnotising equipment*

You will love Jonas... Jonas... Jonas... Jonas... Jonas... Jonas... Jonas...

Repeat after me - Jonas... Jonas... Jonas...

jEnI

Cheers, great help  :D

...oh and probably a Daniel fan in the making, its usually the geeks I go for  ;)

jEnI

Or why not go for them both MMMMMM Daniel and Jonas yum! :D

...oh and probably a Daniel fan in the making, its usually the geeks I go for  :o

jEnI

Daniel? :lol:

;)

...oh and probably a Daniel fan in the making, its usually the geeks I go for  :D

jEnI

So your a Corin fan then are you Jeni? :D

Where is the "get to know each other" kinda section sah? i so kinda obviously bypassed that bit?!?

BROCA DIVIDE!!! heehee! fantastic!

Ok have now seen Secrets, was ok, kinda knew what was going on from my crash course, and the episode Bane, which was kinda good.

So, so far so good :P Next on the volume is Spirits and The Tok'ra

Oh, one question though, whats the deal with Teal'c? Thought the Goa'uld were the bad dudes?

(Better late than never to get into Sg1, lots of episode to see, saw that the above episodes were from 98 "Thats not that long ago...no wait" gosh I feel old :lol: )

it might be really helpful if you watch the first ever episode called "Children of the Gods" to find out bout Teal'c!!!! (you should also get some of the other episodes people have suggested, "The Enemy Within", "Emancipation" and "The Bocca Divide", on the same disk) :lol:

and, if you want some background info of Daniel and Jack, watch the Stargate movie. you can pick this up relatively cheap on Ebay if they no longer have it in your local video store :lol:

surfy sah xx

ps-are you coming to the Amanda talk on Sunday?

• Showmasters Admin

Thought I'd just jump in here and say I've decided to give SG1 another go. I watch it when it first came out and then I don't know what happened. If I remember correctly at about half way through season 2 my girlfriend at the time hated in and so I missed a load, never got back into it.

But I've just ordered the first 3 season on DVD. Should be through soon. :P:D

Thought I'd just jump in here and say I've decided to give SG1 another go. I watch it when it first came out and then I don't know what happened. If I remember correctly at about half way through season 2 my girlfriend at the time hated in and so I missed a load, never got back into it.

But I've just ordered the first 3 season on DVD. Should be through soon. :lol::lol:

Yay! welcome back to the greatness that is sg1!

season 3 is great, urgo being a classic, i also like deadmans switch :D