Amanda Tapping Talk

proby's_girl

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

If Amanda couldn't attend, then Showmasters would be told about it, and then we'd be told! It happened with Karl Urban, we were told as soon as possible but there are people who insist on spreading rumours when really all you need to do is sit back and wait for an OFFICIAL word on something! Unless Showmasters SAY that Amanda isn't coming, nothing else matters really . . . I don't listen to anything that other organisers say or whatever :P And you shouldn't need to ask for confirmation of her appearance, she wouldn't be on the main site if she wasn't attending ;) We're *always* told as soon as possible so ... if there's no message about it, it's not happening!

Of course I know that SM will announce the info asap. However, this 2 hour movie is a brand new idea and the productors may have changed the schedules very recently and as a result, Amanda herself and SM may not know for sure what will happen. Therefore, I think this is a totally justified concern, which is not entirely based on that other event organizer message. And the one thing that scares me a bit is that the Amanda talk has not yet been definitely confirmed while others have ! So I think a simple SM confirmation would be great (if they have already the info of course). Thanks

• Showmasters Admin

Hello everyone,

This has just been brought to our notice. Everyone is still asleep in The States at the moment, but as soon as people are around over there we will contact them and hope to come back to you with some answers later tonight.

Showmasters

THANKYOU SM!

that's all we needed to hear, it's great to read you are looking into it for us :lol:

of course we as fans and forum members know you would tell us if anything changed but as these seem to be relatively new developments, it's always best to ask for a confirmation, that way we know it's official and that it's the most reliable info :D:(

surfy sah xx

Hi SM,

those people at the origin of this rumour with possible cancellation have now changed their version ..... this means that apparently Amanda will be able to fulfill all her engagments in the UK ! However, an official confirmation by you would still be very nice :P

The link is here

I don't understand why people start spreading those kind of rumours :D:unsure: I feel sorry because I started to talk about this possible cancellation in this topic. Indeed I should have waited for an official confirmation. My apologies for this. But in the end, the most important thing is that Amanda will come to Milton Keynes :D:P

Good night

Hi SM,

those people at the origin of this rumour with possible cancellation have now changed their version ..... this means that apparently Amanda will be able to fulfill all her engagments in the UK ! However, an official confirmation by you would still be very nice B)

The link is here

I don't understand why people start spreading those kind of rumours :D:lol: I feel sorry because I started to talk about this possible cancellation in this topic. Indeed I should have waited for an official confirmation. My apologies for this. But in the end, the most important thing is that Amanda will come to Milton Keynes :D:D

Good night

Lams, I could give you my opinion on why these people started that rumour. But I am pretty sure that post would end up getting deleted... :D

Yeah I think we should just ignore those people who were obviously just trying to get people to go to their event. I'm sorry that I took part in that kind of rumor spreading, perhaps in future an email to Showmasters or whichever event we are attending will stop events able to do this.

And to the point in hand when will tickets be on sale!!! Can't wait lol

Please feel free to correct me if i'm missing the point here. A few people on this forum have been making comments about a post on another forum suggesting that the other forum admin are either stirring things up or doing it to try to get people to their event. I can't see where this is all coming from. A group member on the other list asked their admin a question about Amanda attending the event based on a comment apparently made by MS at a US con. Admin replied that all actors were clear to attend the con as of the 1st of Sept and there was no conformed date for the begining of shooting of the film. They then went on to clear up confusion over filming schedules.

As I say, maybe i'm missing something here, but there have been a few negative comments made about this con on this and other forums over, to me, nothing at all. Please enlighten me!

And no, i have nothing to do with the people running the other con.

Hi Raylenth,

of course, if you follow the link, you have a completely different story now because those guys have edited their first message. But I think I still have the original one. In this one, they were talking about other events getting into trouble if they had main guests from SG1 team before november 20th. Maybe SMs and other people have contacted them in order to change this wrong information ?

Hope this helps ?

The admin post that you see now on that forum in question is not the one that they made first, it has been edited.

The first post they made stated that Amanda Tapping would only be free for conventions starting November 20th and suggested that all events before that date would have to change her guest list. So people got all worried because C6 is way before November 20th.