C6 Somthing for Everyone?

Hero_of_Time

now with the anouncement of HP guests i think C6 has posibly reached the something for everyone stage

with HP, LOTR, SW, Star Treck and buffy all being well reprisented i say these caus i guess a lot of people see them as the big franchize's convention wise, so all the fans of these shows should be happy and cut SM some slack they've done so well to cover all the bases, and even have included asked for things such as A-Team and Stargate Guests not to mention Flash Gordon.

they guests may not be perfect but what is? i really think everyone should be happy with whats been annonced so far, i am as i think that there is somthing for all the major franchize fans to be happy about, and im happy that SM have acknowledged how big a fan base the WWE has by including some WWE guests.

so stop moanin ! lol and smile! anyway there's always next annoncement day!

yes the Flash Gordon guests are very cool  :D

but Im waiting for "better" SW guests  :lol:

BETTER? u already have Carrie Fisher, thats got to be good right? be greatful for what u have is all i say

Carrie has got to be one of the top 3 guests for all Star Wars Trilogy fans but some people are just never satisfied . :D

Sadly you are wasting your time expecting EVERYONE to say that there is a great cross-section . It will never happen because good is not good enough for some , and they always want more and feel they deserve it .

It is best to just let these sulk in the corner :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

I find the best thing to do is totally ignore anyone who seems to moaning just for the sake of it, or worse, to wind other forum members up. It can be very frustrating to read these negative posts but you can't really take them to heart. Maybe if they throw their toys out the proverbial pram and end up getting the cold shoulder they won't bother next time. I have no problem if people have a complaint, comment or suggestion, but recently there seems to be a lot of bitching (sometimes targeted against specific groups of people). The best thing to do is not to rise to the bait, just ignore their posts altogether. You don't need to justify yourselves!

There's no way that everyone is going to like every guest, so all we can do is try to bring a wide selection so at least most people will be happy with some of the guests!

Andrea

I find the best thing to do is totally ignore anyone who seems to moaning just for the sake of it, or worse, to wind other forum members up. It can be very frustrating to read these negative posts but you can't really take them to heart. Maybe if they throw their toys out the proverbial pram and end up getting the cold shoulder they won't bother next time. I have no problem if people have a complaint, comment or suggestion, but recently there seems to be a lot of bitching (sometimes targeted against specific groups of people). The best thing to do is not to rise to the bait, just ignore their posts altogether. You don't need to justify yourselves!

There's no way that everyone is going to like every guest, so all we can do is try to bring a wide selection so at least most people will be happy with some of the guests!

Andrea

Nicely put Andrea ;)

Andrea

Yeah, I think that has summed it all up pretty well!!!!

To be honest, I'm just so excited about meeting Carrie Fisher, everyone else would just be a bonus! ;)

Andrea

Yeah, I think that has summed it all up pretty well!!!!

To be honest, I'm just so excited about meeting Carrie Fisher, everyone else would just be a bonus! ;)

You forgot to add that your excited about meeting up with me, how could you forget LOL.

Oh boy are we going to get slshed that weekend, f*** knows how i'm gonna work if i do end up doing it LOL

Andrea

I understand the best way to deal with certain people - who seem to be saying stuff to wind people up - is to ignore them , but it is very hard not to respond to their constant bitching ;)

If I do not like a guest I keep it to myself - I would hate to be the one who said something negative that a guest read and decided to not bother coming . This would upset fans who do want to meet this guest !

Some of the guests announced so far are way at the top of my wants list , and some I am well chuffed for fans of other things that they are getting who they want :angry:

Thanks for trying Andrea and gang , and please do not take things to heart .

Andrea

Nicely put Andrea ;)

Yea and the term 'forum troll' pretty much covers a person seeming to befit the attributes you are describing. Id say standard regulation with such an opinionated forum.

On Topic/ Im really impressed with the overall magnitude of guests c6 offers not only in comparison to similar conventions but in general; some of the announcements are top drawer. Id just like to see the the whole area of the star wars reunion cleared up a bit sharpish now so I can really start thinking about where Im at for c6.

If I do not like a guest I keep it to myself - I would hate to be the one who said something negative that a guest read and decided to not bother coming . This would upset fans who do want to meet this guest !

Ive been to conventions where guests sit there for ages on there own watching people file into queues either side to meet a different guest. Guests going in for this type of thing understand that they won't be universally liked. And to appear is to acknowledge and accept the way these things go - that they put themselves on the line to the public.

Ive been to conventions where guests sit there for ages on there own watching people file into queues either side to meet a different guest. Guests going in for this type of thing understand that they won't be universally liked. And to appear is to acknowledge and accept the way these things go - that they put themselves on the line to the public.

I know that some guests are always gonna be busier than others , just as some programmes are watched by more people than others .

But being abused like some of the guests have been by some people today , especially one certain person , is entirely different to being ignored by fans .

If hardly anyone comes to meet you , you have to accept that and be grateful for those that do come . But if you were sat there and someone came over and said you were a complete pile of crap you would feel ten times worse :unsure:

Hero_of_Time, good call.

There is a diverse array of guests this time around, and it's probably fair to say, that there has to be at least one guest everyone has on their list that they would like to meet.

Unfortunately, it won't please everyone, and I am not averse to people expressing their opinions, but it is the way people express them that seems to wind up others.

I have even seen some people go as far to say that they would never come to a Collectormania event again if certain guests continued to be booked. That to me is plain selfish and wrong.

I admit myself, that there are a lot of guests that I wouldn't pay to meet, but it doesn't mean I don't want them there, nor does it mean I won't admire from afar :D

It is just the coolest feeling to come face to face with someone you recognise from the big screen, and although not every guest is my cup of tea, I wouldn't deprive anyone of that feeling.

Like you said, there is someone for everyone, and I hope everyone has a great time meeting their 'heroes'. I know I will :unsure:

I know that some guests are always gonna be busier than others , just as some programmes are watched by more people than others .

But being abused like some of the guests have been by some people today , especially one certain person , is entirely different to being ignored by fans .

If hardly anyone comes to meet you , you have to accept that and be grateful for those that do come . But if you were sat there and someone came over and said you were a complete pile of crap you would feel ten times worse :unsure:

Im not saying being abused is the same as being ignored, it's not. And I agree with you that it would be far from satisfying for the guest to whitness negative attitudes. However my point is simple - by signing up to a convention they have to be prepared to do this and put themselves on the line and acknowledge that they are attending a public domain. People who don't like the make up of a convetion don't attend.

Im not saying being abused is the same as being ignored, it's not. And I agree with you that it would be far from satisfying for the guest to whitness negative attitudes. However my point is simple - by signing up to a convention they have to be prepared to do this and put themselves on the line and acknowledge that they are attending a public domain. People who don't like the make up of a convetion don't attend.

I have been to a number of these shows , but also to a lot more conventions - from Doctor Who in the old days , to Star Trek , to even a Lord Of The Rings one this weekend .

I am normally totally amazed ( I don't know why I am still amazed - it happens so often ) at the nastiness of even the questions to certain guests on the panels - these people have usually paid to go to these shows - why , just to abuse famous people ?

I was at a Star Trek con in the 90s , and the last person to ask the last guest ( Johnathan Frakes ) asked him why he was such a fat bast**d - what did he get out of that ?

At this weekend's LOTR con , for the first time , there were a lot of polite , friendly questions ( sometimes repeated but people don't go to each person's talk every day normally ) . It was the friendliest con I have ever attended - and largely , I think , due to the fact that it was mainly female fans . It always seems to be the male , showing off , who asks the horrible questions .

I am male , so I am not ( totally ) biased towards females , but can only repeat that this was the friendliest con I have attended - and it must of been 80-90% female .

My point , really , is that people DO attend events even if they are not happy with the guests , and DO say nasty things to guests even though they have paid to see them . And I believe that , while most guests don't really listen to any negative things said about them , it only takes one to decide that they won't put up with this abuse ( what if Carrie Fisher read something really offensive , or Amanda Tapping , or Billy Boyd ? ) and that they will pull out and sod the money .

This would be a big blow to a lot of fans , and all because one slfish MF couldn't keep his negative opinion to himself :D

If hardly anyone comes to meet you , you have to accept that and be grateful for those that do come . But if you were sat there and someone came over and said you were a complete pile of crap you would feel ten times worse :blink:

I have been to a number of these shows , but also to a lot more conventions - from Doctor Who in the old days , to Star Trek , to even a Lord Of The Rings one this weekend .

I am normally totally amazed ( I don't know why I am still amazed - it happens so often ) at the nastiness of even the questions to certain guests on the panels - these people have usually paid to go to these shows - why , just to abuse famous people ?

I was at a Star Trek con in the 90s , and the last person to ask the last guest ( Johnathan Frakes ) asked him why he was such a fat bast**d - what did he get out of that ?

At this weekend's LOTR con , for the first time , there were a lot of polite , friendly questions ( sometimes repeated but people don't go to each person's talk every day normally ) . It was the friendliest con I have ever attended - and largely , I think , due to the fact that it was mainly female fans . It always seems to be the male , showing off , who asks the horrible questions .

I am male , so I am not ( totally ) biased towards females , but can only repeat that this was the friendliest con I have attended - and it must of been 80-90% female .

My point , really , is that people DO attend events even if they are not happy with the guests , and DO say nasty things to guests even though they have paid to see them . And I believe that , while most guests don't really listen to any negative things said about them , it only takes one to decide that they won't put up with this abuse ( what if Carrie Fisher read something really offensive , or Amanda Tapping , or Billy Boyd ? ) and that they will pull out and sod the money .

This would be a big blow to a lot of fans , and all because one slfish MF couldn't keep his negative opinion to himself :P

Just out of interest what was Frakes answer?

This would be a big blow to a lot of fans , and all because one slfish MF couldn't keep his negative opinion to himself :blink:

Just out of interest what was Frakes answer?

Johnathan didn't reply - he just walked off the stage and left - and that was the last thing that happened in the con , what a way to finish ? :blink:

I will freely admit that there are many guests going to this con that hold no interest for me - I'm going soley for one set of guests. However I do not have a problem with all the other guests and am pleased for all the attendees who want to see them. Even if SM had not got anyone i wanted to see I would not shout and moan about it. I would say to myself "oh well, maybe next time"

Like many others I can't understand why people are being so mean (particularly to one new announcee, who by the way I love and will be going to see!). I think if they don't like a guest they should err on the side of politeness and shut up. How would they like it if everybody started moaning about the people they want to see. I bet they would get on their high horses if that happened!

I just really don't see how if some people being mean on here would scare the guests and frighten them off. I don't buy it. To me the mere suggestion is a far cry from reality that this forum holds that much power; it dont.