Question about guests pulling out

I know guests get jobs and get sick etc so have to pull out but I just want showmasters to let me know something else.

Do you have signed contracts with the guests? It's just I remember when Elijah went someone put up that you were worried they weren't going to turn up as you just had an verbal contract with him and sean.

• Moderators

Personally I think it'd be business suicide to organise a show and just have verbal contracts with the guests. That would mean u could have a show where no one turns up! That'd be kinda insane B) I'm sure people verbally agree first then sign proper contracts later.

I just worries me that karl pulled out I was wondering if they got to the signed contract stage and I really don't want Carrie or Brendan to pull out. Please showmasters confirm about the contracts have been signed.

Edited by hobbitlover

I find this thread a bit strange and please forgive me if I have missed your point here. Whilst I don't handle contracts for a living, I'm sure that all the guests will be signed but with a clause that states that their appearance is subject to work commitments - meaning that they may have signed a contract to appear but if they get work they don't have to. My point being, even if they have signed a contract, if something comes up they can still cancel as has happened with many guests at many different shows!

Not trying to stir things up here as I hope no one does have to pull out.

Basicly what Jola said

I don't think I made it clear what I meant sorry guys.

Does Showmasters have signed contracts with the likes of Carrie Fisher?

Or is it at verbal stage I just want to make sure it's all ok before I book to come as she is more likely pull out if she has not signed up or just said she might come.

they wouldnt announce them if they didnt have signed contracts its not practical and it is illegal to advertise a guest that hasnt signed a contract stating they are attending

Dont quote me on this cos I might be talking rubbish, but I wouldnt have thought that they would advertise the guest untill a contract has been signed! But as I said I might be totally wrong so just ignore me lol! :firedevil:

they wouldnt announce them if they didnt have signed contracts its not practical and it is illegal to advertise a guest that hasnt signed a contract stating they are attending

Dont quote me on this cos I might be talking rubbish, but I wouldnt have thought that they would advertise the guest untill a contract has been signed! But as I said I might be totally wrong so just ignore me lol! :D

some companies have announced guests before they have signed and got in to trouble for it because it is false advertising

Dont quote me on this cos I might be talking rubbish, but I wouldnt have thought that they would advertise the guest untill a contract has been signed! But as I said I might be totally wrong so just ignore me lol! :D

some companies have announced guests before they have signed and got in to trouble for it because it is false advertising

Exactly :D

Dont quote me on this cos I might be talking rubbish, but I wouldnt have thought that they would advertise the guest untill a contract has been signed! But as I said I might be totally wrong so just ignore me lol! :o

that's what I thought but then I freaked out when I heard that Karl never had an signed contracted. It started to worry me I'm sure showmasters would never do that. It's wrong but I just want them to make me feel better by answering my question.

• Moderators
that's what I thought but then I freaked out when I heard that Karl never had an signed contracted. It started to worry me I'm sure showmasters would never do that. It's wrong but I just want them to make me feel better by answering my question.

Well I'm sure not every single thing u hear is true :P

Well I'm sure not every single thing u hear is true ;)

I didn't think so either but I'm still waiting for showmasters reply I just wondered if you could point my question out to them.