The CM talk Events!

Megafan

I was gonna dropped this, but you seem to want to carry it on, ive got plenty of money thanks and disposable income that I can spend wherever I want to, I earn it and work hard for it, Im not trying damage control at all, i aint bothered if you wanna square up at C6, thats fine with me.

i aint got an axe to grind either but you cant seem to call it quits for some reason.

Trouble with some people on this forum is that they take things too personally and to heart when a comment is made, I originally got involved because there has been loads of threads about prices at C6, whether its a debate or an argument, situation is the prices will never change not how much you debate them or argue about them, the only way prices will change if SM decide to put them up.

Oh dear...... :firedevil:

Gee, you really are a glutton for stupidity.

Man, you at least 1% of respect left. now you've shot youself in the foot.

And this was never about anyone's disposable income?!... so why the history lesson about your life i don't know.

Trouble with some people on this forum is that they take things too personally and to heart when a comment is made, I originally got involved because there has been loads of threads about prices at C6

Well you've explained yourself quite well. didn't you say you wanted to walk away, from all this.

I was gonna dropped this, but you seem to want to carry it on, ive got plenty of money thanks and disposable income that I can spend wherever I want to, I earn it and work hard for it, Im not trying damage control at all, i aint bothered if you wanna square up at C6, thats fine with me.

Square off. What this you mean?

Ill leave you to your so called debate, like I said before I couldnt care less if you go or you dont go, its up to you.

Maybe we could have this debate face to face at C6, it would be good to discuss this then..

See ya Mega fan......Right

Lets see, you've used the term "Face to Face"! Seems you made the first call on that one.

whether its a debate or an argument, situation is the prices will never change not how much you debate them or argue about them, the only way prices will change if SM decide to put them up.

So why bother talking to me if you've been upset talking about it before... i.e. you defeat yourself in one stroke. You have no logic in this at all. so lt the matter dro and people can move on.

I was gonna dropped this, but you seem to want to carry it on

No, look at how i've ended my posts! It's been good. i'd like to talk to some of you again another day, hopefully on a lighter subject.

M.

That might have included, who knows, even you. (not now but) all you've come in with is. more arrogantly styled posts saying the same over again. It is pretty sad. cos the only one not seeing this is you. Personally if you're older than me you should be ashamed, as you should know better. if you're younger then me which i guesses you are. Don't make me laugh. i wouldn't waste my time talking to somebody who clearly wasn't articulate as Bex, Davidb6937 and several of the girls who opened up a little interesting facts on the subject and were actually making waves with the banter going on.

You Buff, clearly should stop pretending to be somebody or something you are most definitely are not.

Regardless of what i said. drop the subject and lets talk something lese if you can't drop further after all that. Then you're the person seeking the last say in everything aren't you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to some in Canada I have some details of one I went to last month

Prices for con this weekend which I won't go to because of price

$39 ticket fee

$195 to get into the talk with patrick stewart which is the only good guest (ok one patrick stewart autograph free but that’s it ) and this is on top of the ticket fee

Last month

$50 entrance fee

$10 entrance fee for just collectors area

Saturday Night Dinner Extra $45

Writers' Workshop extra $15

Meet & Greet with Lani John Tupu and Raelee Hill extra $75

No free autographs

One official con I went to for SW yeah you paid 120 euros for the weekend entrance fee but yep got talks for free but to be honest I would have rather paid less and choose not to go to the talks because they really weren't worth it except for the Steve Sansweet talk. Got nothing else free and still paid like 15 euros for an autograph.

But you are right it depends on what you want, personally the way collectormania is run is the best run event I have been to and I have been to a few.

Edited by Jeannette

That might have included, who knows, even you. (not now but) all you've come in with is.

Personally if you're older than me you should be ashamed, as you should know better. if you're younger then me which i guesses you are. Don't make me laugh.

You Buff, clearly should stop pretending to be somebody or something you are most definitely are not.

God im gutted you dont want to speak to me again?

Im 32

And be something im not?, what the hell are you talking about?

Megafan you are a class act!

Hey guys, just wanted to say that this topic WILL be locked if things carry along in this manner. It started off reasonably enough but now it's descending into something unnecessary! If it's locked, it will still exist so that your points can still be read but you won't be able to post anymore in this topic. Sorry, I don't like doing it so hopefully by telling you this, things might calm down a bit. Thanks everyone.

Fair enough. the topic was near done, until Buff spoiled it. I liked what some of you others have said and once again. Wish to talk to some of you in the future. (Bex, Db6937)

Sorry if, my justication of why i found this debate interesting. To be ruined by my need to clear the air with some posters. i meant no harm to the rest of you. Continue to talk. if you want to. I for one, am man enough to walk on from this thread. And do something else worth my time, rather than entertain one, who wishes to argue for the sake of it.

:firedevil:

Hmmmm my opinion on this would be the following........

I don't mind mind paying £15 for a talk AND a film, but I don't think I would pay £15 just for a talk and no film.

I think the Harry Potter one is ok (correct me if I'm wrong, but this is £10 isn't it?) That seems fair enough, you get an hour with guests but no film. I'm not sure how much the Buffy talk is, but if it was £15 I wouldn't go, as far as I know there is not a buffy film, but then again I could be wrong on this too.

In all honesty I have only ever been to one talk and that was at C4 with Elijah Wood, I loved every minute of it, admittedly I didn't stay on to watch the whole film afterwards (I'd had one hell of a weekend and was knackered).

Look at this way you probably spend £5.00 on a cinema trip, so £10 for an hour with guest, plus films seems like a fair deal.

I definately wouldn't pay £15 just for a talk though.

I hope all this makes sense, not long been out of bed.

I think the reason behind the cost is that it does cost quite a lot of money to hire part of the cinema, you then have yet more security and I believe there is maybe some kind of license fee to show a film, on top of that there is the PA equipment and goody bags to pay for.

Regards

Vamps

£5 for cinema? wow where I live it's like £9 :firedevil:

So for me it's not much more ;)

blimey thats ridiculously high that is. I think at the most our cinema is £6.50 for the really expensice comfy seats, but on a tuesday apparently its cheap night and is something like £4 and you can sit wherever you like.

Sadly I can never get to the cinema on Tuesday what with it being a week day, I'd hate to ask someone to babysit.

Do you live in London or something?? I bet they are expensive there.

I feel really sorry for you, I think sometimes these film places and the cost of dvd's is just too much.

Take this as an example......

I bought return of the king (normal version for £18.99) and I got loads of extras. i paid the same amount for Hidalgo and all I got was one little bit of an extra, what a rip off.

Sadlt though its the same with anything else, we all complain about it, but we still pay it. I'd love to know how much exactly it does cost just to make up one dvd.

I know :lol:

Yep I am in London, right in the centre as well hence the price. I can get my ticket for like £5.60 but when I take my mum it's almost £9. The cheapest ticket is mine which really still isn't that cheap compared to what I paid when I lived in County Durham.

I agree with you on the DVDs, I try holding out as long as I can because they seem to release one verison then later on another version with more things on it. Also no money helps me with not buying DVDs :blush:

I was referring to some in Canada I have some details of one I went to last month

Looks like you posted while I was writing mine!

Prices for con this weekend which I won't go to because of price

$39 ticket fee

$195 to get into the talk with patrick stewart which is the only good guest (ok one patrick stewart autograph free but that’s it ) and this is on top of the ticket fee

If that's Canadian dollars that translates as £16.60 entry and £82.95 for the talk, which does sound a bit better *G* But only a bit... I'm sure there will be people willing to pay though if it's Patrick Stewart. He's a major star, and not just to us genre fans. And he hardly ever does conventions. I was lucky enough to be at one UK Convention he attended as a surprise guest. He did a talk on stage (that was fabulous). He didn't sign autographs in person, but there were some available pre-signed for £25 each. I believe to buy they generally cost a lot more than that.

Last month

$50 entrance fee

$10 entrance fee for just collectors area

Saturday Night Dinner Extra $45

Writers' Workshop extra $15

Meet & Greet with Lani John Tupu and Raelee Hill extra $75

No free autographs

Again, probably would sound better in UK £!

21 entrance fee

4.25 entrance fee for just collectors area

Saturday Night Dinner Extra 19.14

Writers' Workshop extra 6.38

Meet & Greet with Lani John Tupu and Raelee Hill extra 31.90

No free autographs

I think a lot of those prices actually sound pretty good for individual events. But again, those prices add up don't they? I'd definitely rather go to an all-in-one event rather than end up paying all those extras! That event actually sounds to me like it's somewhere between a fair and the usual style of all-in British cons.

One official con I went to for SW yeah you paid 120 euros for the weekend entrance fee but yep got talks for free but to be honest I would have rather paid less and choose not to go to the talks because they really weren't worth it except for the Steve Sansweet talk. Got nothing else free and still paid like 15 euros for an autograph.

Which is a good ilustration of when events which are not 'all in', like Collectormania and other 'fairs', win out...

But you are right it depends on what you want, personally the way collectormania is run is the best run event I have been to and I have been to a few.

I'm looking forward to my first time with them! But I'll still be going for my all-in Conventions *G*

Considering I am living in Canada for 4 months it's alot of money, especially when Patrick Stewart is the only decent guest :rolleyes:

As for

21 entrance fee

4.25 entrance fee for just collectors area

Saturday Night Dinner Extra 19.14

Writers' Workshop extra 6.38

Meet & Greet with Lani John Tupu and Raelee Hill extra 31.90

No free autographs

at this convention the only decent guest was Christopher Judge and although I would like to meet him we weren't going to be paying £42 entrance plus autograph price. When adding all the small things together it adds up to alot of money still. Problem I have found at "these conventions" is that every one I have been to sucked and these were major conventions and when you have to pay like £20 entrance fee then it's not very good you feel ripped off.

Edited by Jeannette

Sounds like you've had some bad deals! Every event has it's pros and cons, but if you like Stargate guests you can do better than that! There's the one in Vancouver, or there's regular one's in the UK. There's a couple of new companies starting out in the UK sound like they are going to put on good events too. And of course the fair type events like Collectormania! Sounds like any of them would give you a better deal! Depends what you want too: if you just want an autograph and don't want to bother with talks, then you are better sticking with the fairs.

Lucky you being in Canada for months though! I've been in Vancouver a couple of times now, 2 weeks each time, and I love it. I'd love to stay longer.