The CM talk Events!

Megafan

I think it was - my friend is also a massive fan and would love to see the guests but like you NO WAY IN H***. The guests probably couldn't be better but for what they were offering as the ticket package I would not pay that price.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

The guest line up is great and sadly I know LOADS of fans that wud love to go but if they insist on charging rediculous prices like that then I feel sorry for anyone who goes .. yeah they might get a great time but for that much it's not worth it to be honest. £15 for a talk doesn't seem so bad then does it :angry: At least I've got more chance of affording that lol Cheeky thing is the £300 doesn't include all autos, u have to pay additional for some people! :(

I wonder how many people would moan if Showmasters wanted £300 per show to meet guests, remember the Halloween one only has a hand full, your getting nearly 60 at C6 and LFCC2, those quick enough to complain about £15 for an auto or a talk, should think themselves lucky and take a second to think before knocking SM, you dont know how LUCKY you are!!!

Not entering into the prices debate.

But have to say, i prefer the talks being the evening, after the actual Collectormania event - as I'd be afraid that the talk may clash with a ticket i have for another guest - and also - you're losing the guest during the day for an hour or whatever.....

i guess it cuts out the clashes of different talks....... but I feel that i prefer it the other day.

think I can afford it. But my mind might explode trying to do it all........

I wonder how many people would moan if Showmasters wanted £300 per show to meet guests, remember the Halloween one only has a hand full, your getting nearly 60 at C6 and LFCC2, those quick enough to complain about £15 for an auto or a talk, should think themselves lucky and take a second to think before knocking SM, you dont know how LUCKY you are!!!

And those quick enough to post without reading what came before seem to love getting involved in a arguement for the sake of arguing!

Davidb6937 and i were arguing but didn't do it in a condesending way. Maybe a little humor thrown in but nothing else. nothing harmful. Learn to put forward your views without, say whomever was outright "moaning and complaining". Which i wasn't. Danni09, Kookie22 and Raylenth can put points across without sounding like they have a 'grudge'. i like civil debates, and i have the balls to do so in a logical way.

And don't sound all 'cliched' with nonsense like "If you don't like, don't come". Can't you say anything other than a cliched statement any 'Tom, d***, and Harry', can dream up! If i'm going how are YOU going to stop me. Second. If i raise a logical discussion why can't i share it. (it's called free speech) and third. How about this, if you don't like whats been said and you prefer not to debate it like Bex and David did. Why join in.

Simple Buff Daddy, if you don't like the discussions going on, don't join in!

And i wasn't knocking SM. Anyone reading the first thread page would know [not agree mind you] but know that simple fact. You may want it to seem that way. but reality dictates i didn't. Just mere questions raised. as Danni09 kookie22 and Raylenth have demonstrated. you should be able to challenge something, a point of view etc. without getting shot down for it.

Live and learn.

^_^

Edited by Megafan

this may seem a silly comment but im gonna say it ne way. i notice that the Lotr talk is £15 whilst the harry potter talk is £10, as we do not kno which potter guests will be attending collectormania/talk yet we cannot say how major they will be, seeing as the Lotr talk has billy boyd and some other major stars and is £15. As the hp talk is £10 does this mean we will be getting 'lower classed stars' to the talk such as (jamie waylett, devon murray and matt lewis, than the major stars like dan rupert and emma) point im trying to make is that i dont wanna waste £10 on ppl i dont really want to see, seeing as ive already spent a lot on hotel, party tixs etc.

SORRY IF THIS DONT MAKE NE SENSE LOL! ^_^

• Moderators

Well the HP talk tickets aren't on sale yet anyways so I'd assume they'll be announcing the guests at the same time as the tickets go on sale, so that'll let u make ur mind up about whether they're worth it or not ^_^

And those quick enough to post without reading what came before seem to love getting involved in a arguement for the sake of arguing!

Davidb6937 and i were arguing but didn't do it in a condesending way. Maybe a little humor thrown in but nothing else. nothing harmful. Learn to put forward your views without, say whomever was outright "moaning and complaining". Which i wasn't. Danni09, Kookie22 and Raylenth can put points across without sounding like they have a 'grudge'. i like civil debates, and i have the balls to do so in a logical way.

And i wasn't knocking SM. Anyone reading the first thread page would know [not agree mind you] but know that simple fact. You may want it to seem that way. but reality dictates i didn't. Just mere questions raised. as Danni09 kookie22 and Raylenth have demonstrated. you should be able to challenge something, a point of view etc. without getting shot down for it.

Live and learn.

:rolleyes:

hey! i can have civilised debates!! woo hoo! :lol:

I've noticed something..... no one likes change! - hence i think all the issues this year! You never know till you try!

If i'm going how are YOU going to stop me. Second. If i raise a logical discussion why can't i share it. (it's called free speech) and third. How about this, if you don't like whats been said and you prefer not to debate it like Bex and David did. Why join in.

Hey, I couldnt care less if you go or not, im going and happy to pay the prices, threads like this are becoming a bit annoying though, "why do they charge this?", "why is this so expensive", nearly everybody on the forum has paid or is happy to pay the charges that SM asked for, there not gonna change it just for the MINOR few!

Diamonds are forever and so is BuFF DaDDY!

:D:D

Edited by BuFF DaDDy

It does make me laugh when people say Collectormania is cheap because it's free to get in: if you want to get 6 guest's autos, at £15 each, that's £90. Which would get you into a lot of UK full Conventions (with a big C, as opposed to 'fair' type events like Collectormania...) with autos, talks and parties included.

When you are going up to £300 for a full weekend event then the balance is a bit different.... And if you only want to see one guest at the event, then something like Collectormania wins, because you don't have to pay that £90 for something you don't want. *G* Collectormania wins out if they've got the guests you want to see!

I haven't been to Collectormania before, largely because, for me, with travelling issues and great cheap events in my main fandom, the sums haven't made sense before. But this time there is the one guest I'm willing to pay out for, and I'm planning on going to their talk. (I think a fair few people will know who I'm talking about *G*) I'm also going to another event with her, for which the tickets cost over a hundred for a full weekend with just her... Collectormania is cheaper, but it's worth it to me to do both.

Like someone said, if you don't like it, don't pay! Yeah, I hate it when I have to say no to something I want because I can't afford it. (There's other guests I'd have liked to have seen at C6 and at past events... but my money the last couple of years has gone towards a couple of trips to Vancouver... even got to see the Stargate set... sometimes you have to choose!). But I'm sure Showmasters are doing their sums too. They want to make a profit, they have rooms to hire, guests to pay, airfairs to pay... but they also have to take into account what people are willing to pay. I think the price for the talk is on the steep side compared to what I get at all-weekend conventions. There's no harm in saying that. If that room is half empty, I'm sure they'll take note and reduce it (or just stop running the talks if that makes it unproffitable...). But I have a feeling that room will be full, including me being there!

Hey, I couldnt care less if you go or not, im going and happy to pay the prices, threads like this are becoming a bit annoying though, "why do they charge this?", "why is this so expensive", nearly everybody on the forum has paid or is happy to pay the charges that SM asked for, there not gonna change it just for the MINOR few!

Diamonds are forever and so is BuFF DaDDY!

Well i am going, so care about that. Second lose the attitude. nothing more annoying than hearing how you don't like it but keep moaning about me or others bringing up such topics, like i said before if you don't like it don't join in. You want to blow your money fine, you make it sound like, i had money for only 'one' autograph. Well i've got alot more than that and spend abit at CM myself. Which leads me to the fact you just like arguing, and haven't said anything of worth. Unlike Bex and David did.

nearly everybody on the forum has paid or is happy to pay the charges that SM asked for

And you've worked this out by what exactly? By the way everyone's all excited about the stars showing up and saying how many "Celeb talks" they're going to. Or the fact CM gets alot of hardcore fans going to events.

See you've missed the point of this discussion, and in your mind sir. Think this is all about 1)Moaning. 2) 'High prices' and me saying No, no, change it all noooo (Which i'm not obviously) and 3) Arguing for the sake of arguing.

Bex said more intelligent things in one post which i respected than you have with several. And Davidb6937 and i, had a mutual discussion (which isn't finished) on the debate without seeming like either of us had an axe to grind. do yourself a favor and let us discuss it. i don't discuss matters i don't like or start one's and keep posting in. If you don't agree nor like (as you've typed out yourself 'Buff') threads like this are becoming a bit annoying though Answers, simple don't get involved. those that did, haven't acted as if i shot somebody. but simply disagreed.

You may say it a zillion times, but i haven't nor did outright insult SM and C6. i raised an issue that has served a perpose to open a debate about the subjects of the guest "talks". I'm aware organising events at shows isn't easy which is why i once had a talk about with a certain star and odd crew members at previous CM shows in the past. You wouldn't know that cos your posts have been about arguing not 'resolution' to a debate brought up. i would have gone on to talk about how i wanted several stars at this years convention, not to get left out and to have a talk of their own. For the benefit of the shows they represented.

Diamonds are forever and so is BuFF DaDDY

Right........? :(

I haven't been to Collectormania before, largely because, for me, with travelling issues and great cheap events in my main fandom, the sums haven't made sense before. But this time there is the one guest I'm willing to pay out for, and I'm planning on going to their talk. (I think a fair few people will know who I'm talking about *G*) I'm also going to another event with her, for which the tickets cost over a hundred for a full weekend with just her... Collectormania is cheaper, but it's worth it to me to do both.

Like someone said, if you don't like it, don't pay! Yeah, I hate it when I have to say no to something I want because I can't afford it. (There's other guests I'd have liked to have seen at C6 and at past events... but my money the last couple of years has gone towards a couple of trips to Vancouver... even got to see the Stargate set... sometimes you have to choose!). But I'm sure Showmasters are doing their sums too. They want to make a profit, they have rooms to hire, guests to pay, airfairs to pay... but they also have to take into account what people are willing to pay. I think the price for the talk is on the steep side compared to what I get at all-weekend conventions. There's no harm in saying that. If that room is half empty, I'm sure they'll take note and reduce it (or just stop running the talks if that makes it unproffitable...). But I have a feeling that room will be full, including me being there!

Stuff i sort of agree with and points i've raised already. Fantastic stuff Rowan.

Too much has been said to come back from but, yeah i do agree with that in a way. and wanted to move towards that with my discussions with Bex and David. but for some talking about this, to them is another "moanfest 2004" apparently to them.

Cheers to the rest of you, for sticking it out and sharing something of some value, with me. Far as knowing what lies beneath all the heresay and really cutting to what CM customers thoughts of the matter are. When a controversal subject matter is up for debate.

It's been good. i'd like to talk to some of you again another day, hopefully on a lighter subject.

M.

:P

Edited by Megafan

Ill leave you to your so called debate, like I said before I couldnt care less if you go or you dont go, its up to you.

Maybe we could have this debate face to face at C6, it would be good to discuss this then..

:(:D

See ya Mega fan......Right :P

Edited by BuFF DaDDy

Interesting you say other conventions are cheaper? I've not actually been to one that is actually cheaper. The major ones I have been to not only charge you a fortune to get in they charge you about the same amount that SM do for autographs as well as charging you for talks, in some cases a really large amount for talks.

Maybe we could have this debate face to face at C6, it would be good to discuss this then..

Heh heh, why oh why are you reacting this way? O.K. then, just for the record, you are in your late 20's, i assume! I wouldn't want to be disappointed if someone called Buff Daddy wasn't so Buff as his username online. :(:D:P

Excuse me! :P:P

O.K. i'm fine now, i've had a good laugh.

Maybe we could have this debate face to face at C6

Fine, remember you said it not me!

Sigh, *Oh mercy* what am i to do! ;)

M.

Thanks for the Laughs.

Do yourself a favor and give up this behavior Mr Buff Daddy. I can't take that last post you did so seriously. But if SM are watching, who do YOU think they will see as the nutcase. I take it, i hit a nerve with you and you aren't going to talk or debate things through like adults do!

Fine long as you know confident person's such as myself won't fall or be draw into such foolish behavior. Be amn enough to retract that last post before somebody reports it. I didn't say it but you did. (and got a huge laugh outta it)

I'm saying this, cause i don't want you to fall into trouble with SM. but should that be the case with you. Heh o.k. then, i see with a statement like that you're hurting, so a subtle or not so subtle remark is suppose to get my goat right? Angry! not me, and since you've been to CM why engage in behavior that would get you "Banned for life". (come on now!)

Oh, the username is approperate for a "Convention" that has a website. "Buff Daddy". well we'd soon see how that comes into play since you're now so keen on talking this matter out in person. ....Heh - :P

M.

:(

P.S. Isn't Buff Bagwell the Pariah of wrestling? Not alot of good is ever said about him at all. wonder why you ever chose him as your username, "Buff". heh heh.

Edited by Megafan

Hey man , whats with the personal insults?, I just said that we could discuss it face to face to sort our disagreements out, I dont know what your problem is, slagging off usernames and threating what SM are gonna do..

Whats your problem?, I just said ill leave you to your debate and we could always discuss our disagreement out in person.

Just drop it before we both do something silly, I aint in the mood for it an the moment.

:P

Do yourself a favor and give up this behavior Mr Buff Daddy. I can't take that last post you did so seriously. But if SM are watching, who do YOU think they will see as the nutcase. I take it, i hit a nerve with you and you aren't going to talk or debate things through like adults do!

Fine long as you know confident person's such as myself won't fall or be draw into such foolish behavior. Be amn enough to retract that last post before somebody reports it. I didn't say it but you did. (and got a huge laugh outta it)

I'm saying this, cause i don't want you to fall into trouble with SM. but should that be the case with you. Heh o.k. then, i see with a statement like that you're hurting, so a subtle or not so subtle remark is suppose to get my goat right? Angry! not me, and since you've been to CM why engage in behavior that would get you "Banned for life". (come on now!)

Oh, the username is approperate for a "Convention" that has a website. "Buff Daddy". well we'd soon see how that comes into play since you're now so keen on talking this matter out in person. ....Heh - :P

M.

:(

P.S. Isn't Buff Bagwell the Pariah of wrestling? Not alot of good is ever said about him at all. wonder why you ever chose him as your username, "Buff". heh heh.

You are a funny guy! I do hope to meet you in person at C6...

Who do you think SM are gonna be upset with someone who spends 300-400 quid at there shows or someone who complains about £15 ticket for a talk?

megafan, don't imply other ppl are maybe even threatening you - a face to face talk would likel be in public, do you really think anyone's going to lower themselves to hitting you?!?

and as for £15 being too much for a talk... well, if you don't think its worth it then its your choice. but the only reason i myself might not be at all 4 talks is because i have to budget a little. i think its a perfectly reasonable price, for something that i otherwise wouldn't be able to attend.

and from the 'last 10 posts' thing, i'm judging this is another 'fight thread' and as such this is the only post i'm putting on it. these fights are too often, and there are too many moaners. if you can do it cheaper elsewhere, then go and do it. don't cry to SM because they're charging a penny more than you would like to be paying.

Hey man , whats with the personal insults?, I just said that we could discuss it face to face to sort our disagreements out, I dont know what your problem is, slagging off usernames and threating what SM are gonna do..

Whats your problem?, I just said ill leave you to your debate and we could always discuss our disagreement out in person.

Nice try at damage control. but i know what you said. Your now trying to say what you said and were alluding to, and are now trying to back out and say you mean something else.

Nice try, i could be wrong but nice try.

Whats your problem?

See ya Mega fan......Right

I've asked whats yours!

megafan, don't imply other ppl are maybe even threatening you - a face to face talk would likel be in public, do you really think anyone's going to lower themselves to hitting you?!?

What are you implying Gandalf The Black, I'm below you somehow, and striking out at me (not that a sane person would ever, anyway) would be considered, lowering ones self? I'm a big man and can take care of myself. I 'm stating what subtle reference it seems Buff Daddy here is making out. Lets face it. He isn't posting to discuss anything but arguing period. Thats it.

and from the 'last 10 posts' thing, i'm judging this is another 'fight thread' and as such this is the only post i'm putting on it. these fights are too often, and there are too many moaners. if you can do it cheaper elsewhere, then go and do it. don't cry to SM because they're charging a penny more than you would like to be paying.

For cry out loud. (thats the only crying) go back and actually read, not glance through, but actually READ the last 10 posts and you'll see things were moving along before things got side tracked. And give me a break about "fight thread". nobody here was fighting vemonously untill, you and other keep saying things like "moan" and "moaning" but haven't actually grasped what it means to say that, in all truth.

don't cry to SM because they're charging a penny more than you would like to be paying.

Really what's my bank account then? Do you know. Then don't be sooo fresh and rude telling me i'm crying to SM "moaning" or that there are charging more than i'd like to pay up. Back up your questions with some facts of this thread and what were're going on about rather than stick up for a poster you feel is (but not actually is) right.

It boils down to common sense. Which some of you have. Others just wish to sound trendy by backing the crowd and not to begin thinking for themselves. Cry? or the last time I RAISED A POINT IN A THREAD.

If you can't see that and come in for the umpteeth time with, ou're moaning, bah, bah, bah then it shows you have very weak character. and are unable to have a thoughtout discussion involving well balanced individuals. Rather than "trollish", SM masters this and that on and on like a broken record.

I've given this my best. And half of us who began this thread. Which WAS interesting at the time with clever banter. Seems it was all said and done with in the first two pages.

Who do you think SM are gonna be upset with someone who spends 300-400 quid at there shows or someone who complains about £15 ticket for a talk?

If it was a person fro abroad it's fine. I'd question the sanity of the person, who spend that much foolishly. there is such a thing as "wisely" spending the money. But we'd better not discuss that one, cos you'll come in with yet another moan, moan. Bah bah, bah arguing posted comment. Besides they wouldn't be upset not the way i'd put the arguement across to them. i.e. sane civil debates. remember you're the one who thinks, i have an axe to grind which i do not! - ;)

Remember also it's who brought up a discussion to talk to SM about. not a disrespectful (moan, moan garbage from over zealous posters, who don't actually read the full debates brought out on the web pages)

Later

:firedevil:

Nice try at damage control. but i know what you said. Your now trying to say what you said and were alluding to, and are now trying to back out and say you mean something else.

Nice try, i could be wrong but nice try.

See ya Mega fan......Right

I've asked whats yours!

What are you implying Gandalf The Black, I'm below you somehow, and striking out at me (not that a sane person would ever, anyway) would be considered, lowering ones self? I'm a big man and can take care of myself. I 'm stating what subtle reference it seems Buff Daddy here is making out. Lets face it. He isn't posting to discuss anything but arguing period. Thats it.

If it was a person fro abroad it's fine. I'd question the sanity of the person, who spend that much foolishly. there is such a thing as "wisely" spending the money. But we'd better not discuss that one, cos you'll come in with yet another moan, moan. Bah bah, bah arguing posted comment. Besides they wouldn't be upset not the way i'd put the arguement across to them. i.e. sane civil debates. remember you're the one who thinks, i have an axe to grind which i do not! - ;)

Remember also it's who brought up a discussion to talk to SM about. not a disrespectful (moan, moan garbage from over zealous posters, who don't actually read the full debates brought out on the web pages)

Later

:firedevil:

I was gonna dropped this, but you seem to want to carry it on, ive got plenty of money thanks and disposable income that I can spend wherever I want to, I earn it and work hard for it, Im not trying damage control at all, i aint bothered if you wanna square up at C6, thats fine with me.

i aint got an axe to grind either but you cant seem to call it quits for some reason.

Trouble with some people on this forum is that they take things too personally and to heart when a comment is made, I originally got involved because there has been loads of threads about prices at C6, whether its a debate or an argument, situation is the prices will never change not how much you debate them or argue about them, the only way prices will change if SM decide to put them up.

Hey guys, just wanted to say that this topic WILL be locked if things carry along in this manner. It started off reasonably enough but now it's descending into something unnecessary! If it's locked, it will still exist so that your points can still be read but you won't be able to post anymore in this topic. Sorry, I don't like doing it so hopefully by telling you this, things might calm down a bit. Thanks everyone.

Fox

If you think SM are charging too much fair enough but you don't seem to like the fact that others disagree with you. If you want facts and figures on this I am sure I have posted it somewhere in this thread already but I can do again for a convention that is on this weekend and believe me if you think £15 is expensive it's nothing compared to this. $170 for a talk and you don't get anything with it, it's literally a talk plus an $40 entrance fee to the convention PLUS autograph prices, and this is one of the largest conventions in Canada.

Many people on here like myself don't have the money to be throwing away on things, but you don't have to spend your money on everything at the convention it's called budgeting. Make a list of things that are priorities and decide which to pick. If you still think £15 is too expensive for a talk, to be honest it's tough. You either go or don't go. SM need to cover costs they aren't going to change the prices. And to be honest really for what you get £15 is very fair especially when you think some autographs go for more money than that :firedevil:

Edited by Jeannette

Interesting you say other conventions are cheaper? I've not actually been to one that is actually cheaper. The major ones I have been to not only charge you a fortune to get in they charge you about the same amount that SM do for autographs as well as charging you for talks, in some cases a really large amount for talks.

I've been to many full-weekend Conventions (with a big C, not fairs...) by several organisers in the Stargate and Trek fandoms. Most of them have been in the UK but I've also been to a couple in Vancouver Canada. Prices have been £75 to I think around £150. Precise details vary from con to con but in most cases that includes one free auto from each guest (on your own item or the convention book/schedule/poster: you'd have to pay £10 usually to buy a picture to get signed, or for any additional autographs). In all cases all the talks have been free, and that usually means 4 to 6 hours of talks I think per day. There's also always been evening events included: parties, auctions, even concerts and plays sometimes!

I have heard cons stateside are usually more expensive, and some in the UK are charging the high prices now (seems especially Buffy cons... con being the right word in some cases...)

I'm not trying to knock Showmasters by saying any of this. I've not been yet, but it does sound like they put on a good show. Also, they are for profit, while most of the Cons I go to aren't, and that brings the prices down! It's a different type of event. I've gone to other trading fairs (small entry, auto prices like Collectormania...) and I like both fairs and Conventions. They are different things: one gives you an all-in price that can be a bargain if it's the right Convention for you, one lets you pick and choose what you spend on, but might end up more expensive.

Jeannette: not sure what events you are talking about. Are you talking about ones in the States?

And just to make clear: to me Collectormania isn't really a convention: it's a collectors/signing fair (though the fact that they are now doing talks and parties does bring it closer to what I consider to be a convention). So are you talking about conventions or fairs?