V cheap bus service London to MK

I have found a bus company that runs regular services from Hendon Central to MK Midsummer Blvd in approx 1hr for as little as £1 each way :P !!!!!!!

Currently their last buses run at approx 6.30pm back to London from Mk and I'm trying to get them to run extra buses over the C6 weekend later in the evening (particularly Sun) but they want to know how many people would be interested to see if it's commercially viable.

So if anyone would be interested in this service could they let me know and then if the company agree to running extra buses I will post all details here.

wow that sounds really cheap, count me + 3 others in coz im gonna see wot time the last train is coz im going there by train, but obv as its cheap i wanna save money.

Well I know the train from Euston costs over £18 return, so £2 compared to £18 gives enough £ for another autograph (or ticket to the party in my case). ^_^

Also the train journeys back to Euston on Sun night take 1hr 45 (whereas the bus only stops at MK and then when in London under 1hr later) altho the trains will prob still be running later than the bus even if I persuade them to put some extra ones on!

wow that sounds really cheap, count me + 3 others in coz im gonna see wot time the last train is coz im going there by train, but obv as its cheap i wanna save money.

Well I know the train from Euston costs over £18 return, so £2 compared to £18 gives enough £ for another autograph (or ticket to the party in my case). ^_^

Also the train journeys back to Euston on Sun night take 1hr 45 (whereas the bus only stops at MK and then when in London under 1hr later) altho the trains will prob still be running later than the bus even if I persuade them to put some extra ones on!

is only 2 hendon? coz im on the other side of london so i would still hav 2 get a train ne way.

Yup only Hendon, that's what allows them to keep the prices down (not having to pay Victoria coach station to pull in and load/unload passengers etc).

National Express also do a journey from London Victoria but thats £12, rather take the train than do that methinks.

Edited by amrun quessir

Sorry Gandalf the Black it's a set route straight up the M1 to Midsummer Blvd (where the Centre is). No alterations to this route or private hire allowed (which was what I would have liked to do).

no worries :unsure:

i dunno my way around, so thats why i stuck my nose in - let someone who knows the place sort out routes!!! :lol::unsure: :unsure:

i dunno my way around, so thats why i stuck my nose in - let someone who knows the place sort out routes!!! :lol::(:lol:

Neither do I actually, only been to MK once before (and got rather lost wandering around the centre).

This time I'm trying to be more organised (a bus which takes me all the way to The Centre and hotel less than 5mins away).

i dunno my way around, so thats why i stuck my nose in - let someone who knows the place sort out routes!!! :P:D:lol:

Neither do I actually, only been to MK once before (and got rather lost wandering around the centre).

This time I'm trying to be more organised (a bus which takes me all the way to The Centre and hotel less than 5mins away).

hehe, i'm travellin with a friend - though we aren't likely to be in the same hotel - and the last time she was there (c4) she got lost too... i'm printin a small map outa microsoft autoroute express for when i'm sober enuf to look at it... :D

i'm throwin caution to the wind though on the organisation front - i traveled with this person for lfcc, and with all the organisation we put in i STILL managed to forget my passport in the hotel....

thankfully an outdated student bus card, a bank card, and a current uni id card is enuf to get me on board.... :P

I'd be interested! Do they drop you off near the centre? I'm looking at National Express fairs too: they do a £1 fair too at the moment, but it looks like they might drop off on the outskirts.

I'd be travelling in and out on Sunday probably, so what time do the buses start in the morning? And could you post the company details so we can check them out ourselves?

Found it... first bus in on Sunday isn't till really late: gets in about mid day. Guess it's good for those doing a couple of days, but doesn't suit me! Guess I'll be on National Express and trying to work out how to get in from the Park and Ride (if it's Park and Ride you must be able to ride!)

And if anyone else wants to look it up... it's easybus. Stellios is at it again *G* Take note of the luggage stuff though or you could be in for a nasty shock!