Party Question Thread

Phoenix

Now now kiddies, lets stop sniping at one another; lets look at it this way, ripped jeans will not be in fashion forever, just like the bleached jeans of yesteryear.

Lets put it this way, I will be making an effort to look smart rather than looking like I am going bowling!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Who cares isn't an argument David; thats a backdown from a healthy debate.

A healthy debate that I can't get into cuz I really don't care what I'm gonna wear to the party, while females I can understand y'all gotta be getting into it n all enthusiastic n stuff so .. I'll watch ;)

A healthy debate that I can't get into cuz I really don't care what I'm gonna wear to the party, while females I can understand y'all gotta be getting into it n all enthusiastic n stuff so .. I'll watch ;)

If you're not in the debate David hon, then you shouldn't give an opinoin, cos you know someone will always have a smart remark back!

Phoenix ;)

Who cares isn't an argument David; thats a backdown from a healthy debate.

And guys aren't to care how they look?

Sheesh, I wish someone would have told me a few years ago, would have saved me a lot of effort and money...

Seriously though - the point is, the dress code is smart casual, while not formal in suits, I always took this to mean no sportswear and nothing old and tatty.

New and tatty jeans should be allowed imo, they're supposed to be like that!

• Moderators

If you're not in the debate David hon, then you shouldn't give an opinoin, cos you know someone will always have a smart remark back!

Phoenix ;)

I can handle smart remarks! In fact I wouldn't expect anything less ;)

• Moderators
*is once again ignored whilst the thread descends into banal off topic wittering*

:o sorrrrrrrrry ... sure guys can care what they look like for sure, but I just think people should be allowed to wear whatever they're comfortable in ... I'm a casual kinda guy, don't have much smart stuff in any and I can't necessarily afford to buy new clothes just for this party ... so I'd rather be able to wear what I've got.

*is once again ignored whilst the thread descends into banal off topic wittering*

:o sorrrrrrrrry ... sure guys can care what they look like for sure, but I just think people should be allowed to wear whatever they're comfortable in ... I'm a casual kinda guy, don't have much smart stuff in any and I can't necessarily afford to buy new clothes just for this party ... so I'd rather be able to wear what I've got.

That's fair enough, but if the dress code says Smart Casual, well, it's like a nightclub, if you don't conform to their dresscode, you don't get in surely?

It can't be one rule for one and one rule for everyone else, if that's the code, that's the code surely?

• Moderators

That's fair enough, but if the dress code says Smart Casual, well, it's like a nightclub, if you don't conform to their dresscode, you don't get in surely?

It can't be one rule for one and one rule for everyone else, if that's the code, that's the code surely?

Hmm true well if I can't wear what I've got then I won't go, I know they've got rules ... I just can't afford to buy anything new soooooo if what I've got isn't good enough then I'll go hang somewhere else, tis cool, I'm not gonna argue against the rules really, just wish they were a bit clearer.

Let me laugh in the face of this thing you call fashion....

mwahahahaha.

Rip clothing...fashionable? I have never understood that.

So looking like you have been pulled through a bush backwards dragged under a buss AND blown up is fashionable?

okay.

Fashionably deconstructed Smaug!

*launches into a long and, frankly quite uninteresting, tirade on the merits of deconstructed/broken down clothing and it's value in fashion*

*is still blathering on*

*goes now*

What the hell are you on about???

Any way I would rather pay good money for clothes that WONT fall off me. Not £40 on a pair of jeans with HOLES in them.

OHHHHHHH lady chill!!!

Shouldn't you be doing work?/

Did you find a skirt yet?? I'm too be judged wearing my belt!

Yep and we cant wait to judge ya!

:o:(

I'm with Troy 'm friad.

Fair do's though, wear what you're comfortable in but if you're turned away at the door you have no-one to blame but yourself I guess.

It got stupid at the clubs in York. We now have a list of what you are not to wear on the door before you go in on one club...so you can check before you're turned away.

It's smart casual there and underlined in red and in bold it says: "No Trainers, baseball caps or burberry." The Bruberry is a *thing* most clubs have now.... But I only go on a thursday for the "Alternative" night so I get away with Converse. But before I go in I'm usually asked what I'm going in for so then I'm allowed to pass.

It's a case of respect as well. I wont say any more though, because it's not a fight and I'll say something that'll land me in it. So I'll shush now.

I'm with Troy 'm friad.

Fair do's though, wear what you're comfortable in but if you're turned away at the door you have no-one to blame but yourself I guess.

It got stupid at the clubs in York. We now have a list of what you are not to wear on the door before you go in on one club...so you can check before you're turned away.

It's smart casual there and underlined in red and in bold it says: "No Trainers, baseball caps or burberry." The Bruberry is a *thing* most clubs have now.... But I only go on a thursday for the "Alternative" night so I get away with Converse. But before I go in I'm usually asked what I'm going in for so then I'm allowed to pass.

It's a case of respect as well. I wont say any more though, because it's not a fight and I'll say something that'll land me in it. So I'll shush now.

I hate it when people mush over each other on a thread!

And Smaug... *whoop* so agree with you. The Burberry thing made me and Cush giggle!