Meeting guests...

C5 was my first, and it was really good all day!

But when i wanted to meet one guest, the staff member was extremely rude to me and my friend and said I had to go on my own, even though my friend wasn't getting anything signed, I just wanted her with me, but the girl was very horrible and mean about it.

There was no problem with any other time that day. I think some of the staff members get a bit too high above their station, and I do not think they have any right to talk to us like that.

I was just wondering, what are the rules on this?

Edited by Lady of The Realm

The same happened to me actually. My auntie and uncle took me to C5 and I wanted them both with me when I met a guest, so they both had to get tickets too.

When my auntie asked if this was really necessary cuz they were just taking two tickets that other people could have had, the woman was really rude and said rules are rules etc :angel:

If I see her I will! I'll poke her with my wand!!!

I mean, how hard is it for someone to explain politely that each person must have a ticket? Not hard at all!

And if it helps anyone discover who this miscreant is, she was at the top of the Brad queue handing out tickets the Saturday afternoon.

If I see her I will! I'll poke her with my wand!!!

I mean, how hard is it for someone to explain politely that each person must have a ticket? Not hard at all!

And if it helps anyone discover who this miscreant is, she was at the top of the Brad queue handing out tickets the Saturday afternoon.

I'm not trying to put down how upset you might of been when this lady was mean to you , but , when you said how hard was it for her to nicely explain ( my words , not yours ) the rules , it is OK doing this once , but after 345 times it gets very hard work .

These people do a great job , sometimes under severe pressure , and , unfortunately , sometimes they react badly . It is horrible when they react badly to you , but no-one is perfect .

The lady who you talked about ( in the Brad queue ) was very friendly to me , but I am sorry that she wasn't friendlier with you .

I wouldn't do their job for all the tea in Picard's Ready Room !!!! :D

Probably a hard thing to post about, but im gunna try anyway!

Being crew myself it is always a long day and you do have to say alot of things the same to people and it can get tedious (sp?). But..... there shouldnt be any reason for any member of crew to be rude. But as DavidB said just give em a poke to say oi be nice! :blush:

I have to say the majority of the workers for both CM's and LFACC's are pleasant and generally enjoy a chat if they are standing there in a job that isn't really thriving.

BUT; there is the occasional worker that might bite (well not literally; I hope) because of the stress they are under; but it doesn't take a lot for them to apologise, which I think a lot of members would appreciate if they are on the end of a pointy tongue.

The other thing I find very annoying (and I know this has to do with how busy the guest is with signatures etc) is that there will be personalisations and photographs allowed, and then very abruptly they are no longer allowed; because when this has happened to me in the past (with Billy Boyd), there were Crew members standing at the side of the desk taking photos of people. That I find very annoying and unfair; but obviously that can't always be controlled; I just think it is unfair to the others that are standing in line.

I think the rules not only for the people getting the tickets for autographs, but for the crew need to be enforced more. If photos aren't allowed, then they shouldn't be allowed to take someones camera and take photo's for them from the side lines, as I know when I was with Phoenix she wasn't even allowed to take a photo from the side while I was with Billy. I think that is something that needs to be sorted out; if there is no photos allowed, then there is no photos allowed.

I think the rules not only for the people getting the tickets for autographs, but for the crew need to be enforced more. If photos aren't allowed, then they shouldn't be allowed to take someones camera and take photo's for them from the side lines, as I know when I was with Phoenix she wasn't even allowed to take a photo from the side while I was with Billy. I think that is something that needs to be sorted out; if there is no photos allowed, then there is no photos allowed.

Yeah I agree. And sometimes I've been in queues where photos weren't allowed, then a group (of usually girls) ask the star if they can have a photo. The star doesn't want to be rude, so the girls get their photo. Yet those of us who are polite enough to obey the rules, lose out ;)

Either let everyone have a photo or no-one.

C5 was my first, and it was really good all day!

But when i wanted to meet one guest, the staff member was extremely rude to me and my friend and said I had to go on my own, even though my friend wasn't getting anything signed, I just wanted her with me, but the girl was very horrible and mean about it.

There was no problem with any other time that day. I think some of the staff members get a bit too high above their station, and I do not think they have any right to talk to us like that.

I was just wondering, what are the rules on this?

yeah I wasn't that bothered about meeting him I was only going up there for you ;)

Plus with how much money I spent on that day I don't think I could have afforded anything even if I had wanted to meet him ;)

But yeah I agree I mean really there are some ways to word things. Yeah ok you get alot of people coming through but no need to be rude, when I was working I constantly had people ask stupid questions etc but was never rude no matter how bad of a day because in the end you wouldn't like it being done to you.

Edited by Jeannette

:rolleyes:

Well didn't take me much to be persuaded did it? :angel:

I'm being more realistic this time about what I spend :P

Totally agree treating someone as if they are dumb, speaking harshly and giving people dirty looks isn't the right approach fair enough they might be having a bad day but no need to take it out on others.