Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash

nightprowler

New Line has been talking to Sam Raimi for quite a while now about a deal that'll see his "Evil Dead" character Ash mix it up celluloid style with demonic monsters Freddy vs.Jason, and today, The Hollywood Reporter says it's looking good for the proposed feature.

In "Freddy vs.Jason vs.Ash", Freddy (the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" films) and Jason (the "Friday the 13th" pics) would go up against Ash, the cynical anti-hero survivor of Raimi's "Evil Dead" trilogy, which also includes "Army of Darkness." Bruce Campbell played the character in the trilogy and would play him again if the deal were to close. Although Raimi would not direct, he holds rights to the "Evil Dead" franchise.

"Freddy vs. Jason" grossed more than $74 million, so even if a deal with Raimi can't be reached, New Line is determined to find a way to extend the franchise by introducing a new character or just pitting Freddy and Jason against each other one more time.

:P

I heard this from the man himself Bruce Campbell. He told me he's not sure it'll really happen as there is a lot of legal issues that have to be resolved first and then he has to be happy with the script. He's not going to return to Ash just because theres a script out there. He is more enthusiastic about doing Bubba Noseferatu which would see a younger Elvis kicking Vampire butt though.

Hmm if the treatment that's floating around is real then it's gonna be soooooooo good ... then again mostly they're only rumours ... but damnit the movie SHOULD be this treatment!

ooooh. where can I get this treatment?

:huh:

• Moderators
Hmm if the treatment that's floating around is real then it's gonna be soooooooo good ... then again mostly they're only rumours ... but damnit the movie SHOULD be this treatment!

ooooh. where can I get this treatment?

:headscratch:

Errrm I can't remember where I read the full treatment, I read that at the weekend, but there's a summary at .... http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/

• Moderators
As much as I love all 3 films , I really don't think i'd welcome another VS movie. It was ok to do it once and they just about pulled it off but keep doing them and they're gonna ruin everything.

Assuming u'd like the F13th series to carry on, where would u take it?

As much as I love the films I wouldn't want to see another Friday the 13th movie. You can take things too far. Admittedly , the films are already repeating themselves to a degree. Putting Jason in space was and interesting twist but that too didn't impress me. Freddy vs Jason was good because it offered both characters something new.

All these movies are 'old school' if you get what I mean. I don't like the modern day special effects , I prefer the movies the way they were.

As i've laready stated and everyone knows anyway , i'm a huge fan of all 3 of these movies but there comes a time to call an end to it sadly. Anymore movies could end up making Freddy , Jason and even Ash a laughing stock.

Let Jason rest at the bottom of his lake in peace. :lol:

• Moderators

I guess I'm torn between wanting more, and knowing that they're just not gonna be as good as what's been before ... it's hard really, I guess it's just that a lot of new horror is lacking in originality and so I'd love to see new spins on characters that I actually LIKE.

I'd just rather they leave Jason alone , at least for now.

I don't wanna keep being disappointed. Jason X wasn't great , Freddy vs Jason was better because it was something different but i'm really not looking forward to another VS movie with Freddy and Jason. Its been done , now leave it alone.

• Moderators

I didn't think Jason X was great, it was entertaining for what it was ... I liked that they knew what they were doing, taking the **** outta the previous stuff like with the sleeping bag girl etc ... but I would prefer a F13th movie that was actually scary ... that wasn't, I was just like WOOO KILL HER not actually intimidated by it. U can't be intimidated by a Jason made of metal, it was just odd.