Latest Guest Announcement - KARL URBAN

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame Lawrence and Sala aren't going to the show. I'm dreading seeing the fanboys parade into THAT nightclub (how many Princess Leias from ROTJ Jabba's Lair will there be (and that's just the blokes, LOL!)

Dammn they'll have to beef up the security at this show. Karl being chased by the girlies, Carrie being chased by the Star Wars mob (and Friends fans), and Verne chasing any spare Amazonian types (look out Stacy!) This would be a job super Super-Maori and his partner 'Can't really tell it's him cause of the black shell suit but I'll believe it's him cause he's a nice guy' Boy! Or Flash Gordon.. :lol:

Oh to have a copy of THAT CCTV tape.... :D

Apparently Karl only signs for those people over 21 so don't bother trying and let me please walk straight to the front

hehe, i like that...good plan! But he signs for people who's names begin with K too, even if they are under 21!

Yes he does but only if they are very quick!

It's a shame Lawrence and Sala aren't going to the show.

I spoke to both of them at NEC saturday about this...

Lawrence said he'd love to come but he starts shooting King Kong with PJ next month...Sala said he's working on Chronicles of Narnia at the moment and has been back and forth to L.A recently as working on 2 other films..wouldnt say which ones tho :lol:

Edited by ashleo78

This will please people but:

Dear Showmasters if the queues are going to be massive can we ensure that photo oppotunities are either managed (have somebody ready take pic) or just say say no photos with guests.

Now I will put my crash helmet on as I may be shouted at B)

Dear Showmasters if the queues are going to be massive can we ensure that photo oppotunities are either managed (have somebody ready take pic) or just say say no photos with guests.

Now I will put my crash helmet on as I may be shouted at

I can understand your pov ... :firedevil:... it can slow the lines - but to be fair - when the lines are enormous then common sense seems to prevail and the photo ban does go out (who from C4 can forget the mania of Elijah Wood's queue!)

but one of the best things about Collectormania is getting the precious "me and them" photo!! and one of the most disappointing things is the "sorry, no photos" sign :lol: - if that was a blanket order across the whole con - it would be awful!

*not shouting* :angel:!!

Now I will put my crash helmet on as I may be shouted at

I can understand your pov ... :D... it can slow the lines - but to be fair - when the lines are enormous then common sense seems to prevail and the photo ban does go out (who from C4 can forget the mania of Elijah Wood's queue!)

but one of the best things about Collectormania is getting the precious "me and them" photo!! and one of the most disappointing things is the "sorry, no photos" sign ;) - if that was a blanket order across the whole con - it would be awful!

*not shouting* :D!!

agree about the photo op's and you are right common sense usually prevails but I hope SM does some pre-planning about this just in case (sure it will be similar for Carrie Fisher if not worse).

Glad you did not bash me :P

I just got a frantic text message saying that Karl Urban was announced as a guest too for that horrendously expensive LOTR con later this month, and they are advertising his appearance as "UK exklusive."

Showmasters, can you shed some light on this? :D

I'd rather deal with a disappointed younger sister right away... :lol:

I just got a frantic text message saying that Karl Urban was announced as a guest too for that horrendously expensive LOTR con later this month, and they are advertising his appearance as "UK exklusive."

Showmasters, can you shed some light on this? :wub:

I'd rather deal with a disappointed younger sister right away... ;)

Ah I wouldn't worry, no-one is exclusive when Showmasters decide to get them lol!

You guys rock!

Do the maths - it is not horrendously expensive.

I am sure he will be MK bound in October - don't worry.

I am doing the maths! LOL

If you don't think that one is expensive, you might earn more than me and you certainly are not travelling from continental Europe. :P

I know a couple of people who think the same, but naturally everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. So I am not going to start a discussion here.

Thanks for checking on this, SM.

Dealing with a frantic 15 year old by cell phone during work time is not something I like to do. *g*

I am doing the maths! LOL

If you don't think that one is expensive, you might earn more than me and you certainly are not travelling from continental Europe. ;)

I know a couple of people who think the same, but naturally everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. So I am not going to start a discussion here.

Thanks for checking on this, SM.

Dealing with a frantic 15 year old by cell phone during work time is not something I like to do. *g*

Admittedly I am not travelling very far which does make a difference. My point was not very clear so sorry about that and what I should have said was that if you were going to get more than one autograph the cost will probably be less (4 for £50). Now a lot of people (including me) would not want this but it does make things a bit cheaper.

Anyway apologies for previous message and who knows might be queuing for the man next to each other in October

Yes, I can confirm that Karl will definitely be at C6. I'm not sure why he's being advertised as an exclusive guest somewhere else, but I'm sure Mark will look into it when he get's into the office.

I am happy you got Karl,

But can you not all find this as a latest have a go at "the other LOTR event " , as I have said in the past I am looking forward to both events.

Karl Urban joins us for his first UK appearance at the Festival

this is what "the other event " are saying, & seeing as "the other event " is before C6 it will be.

Please all dont shout at me, I am only saying what I feel, Peace everyone.

Luv Kelle