Captain Kirk back on the Enterprise???

nightprowler

Is Captain Kirk jumping back on board the bridge of the 'Enterprise'? Quite possibly, if rumours over at TrekWeb are true.

A poster for the site reports "While visiting Las Vegas last week, I went to MGM Grand's CBS Television City Research Center. They had us preview an episode of John Goodman's new series, Center of the Universe, starting in the Fall. During the show, a few UPN commercials were shown, including one for Enterprise. During the commercial they showed scenes from season 3. After these scenes were shown, a Star Trek symbol flying through space was displayed with writing above it corresponding to what the narrator was saying (this is not exact, but similar to what the narrator said): "Join us this fall for a 2-episode special as William Shatner returns to the Star Trek universe, as James T. Kirk." They did not have any footage just the Star Trek symbol. Question is, have they finalized Shatner's appeareance on Enterprise or did they just create this commercial to see what type of response they would get from viewers, as we were grading what we were watching? I thought it was interesting that they specifically mentioned a 2-episode special."

"Enterprise" producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga had previously announced their interest in getting Shatner on the series but nothing was official.

:firedevil:

very cwl!

though I don't see how Shattner could be on Enterprise as Kirk unless they just used his voice because of Enterprise being set before TOS... but then wouldn't Kirk be younger?! :o

I'm not sure how much time/how many years are meant to be between Enterprise and TOS but Shattner looks about 25/30 in TOS, isn't Kirk meant to be about that age?! :P

surfy sah xx

I read an article a few months back that he wouldnt actually be playing Captain James T. Kirk from the original series but Kirks grandfather, I dont know if this has changed but I found the following about the Kirk Enterprise Advert...

An ad aired in the CBS Television City Research Center in the Las Vegas MGM hotel might be a tool to judge fan interest in an appearance by William Shatner (James T. Kirk) on Star Trek: Enterprise.

Earlier this week, reports surfaced that a UPN ad was being shown promoting a two episode stint promising Shatner as a guest star on Enterprise this fall (story), but according to The New York Post, UPN and Shatner are still in the negotiation phases. The ad, which featured clips of Kirk from one of the Star Trek movies, was used to measure fan interest, according to the Post.

Shatner is starring in a spinoff of The Practice this fall, entitled Boston Legal. If he were to guest star on Enterprise, he would have to get time off from ABC.

BringBackKirk.com is also confirming that the ad shown at the CBS Television City Research Center was a test, possibly to see how the audience would respond to the idea of Shatner returning as his legendary character, James T. Kirk. Paramount has declined to comment.

I dont really have a problem with Shatner doing a cameo as Kirks grandfather as it doesnt mess up the Trek timeline but if Shatner came on Enterprise as James T. Kirk I am sure it would screw up the Trek timeline and that has already happened enough, next thing we know the Enterprise will encounter Q lol

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

• 2 weeks later...

The are in talks with Shatner to do a cameo of sorts but that is still on going. They havent even devised a story line as yet, they just wanted to see if he would come back. For all we know it could be like the DS9 episode, but in reverse.

I take it everyone one knows that Brent Spiner is doing or planning on doing three parter concerning the Eugentics Wars?

The are in talks with Shatner to do a cameo of sorts but that is still on going. They havent even devised a story line as yet, they just wanted to see if he would come back. For all we know it could be like the DS9 episode, but in reverse.

I take it everyone one knows that Brent Spiner is doing or planning on doing three parter concerning the Eugentics Wars?

yes unfortunately i do know.

• 2 weeks later...

if the enterprise encountered Q, it would make more sense - after all, the timeline's screwed with enough. personally, i've no problem with shatner being kirk... i think it could only work though if he himself is kirk - get someone else to be the gradfather, shatner's too much associated with kirk to be anyone else on board the enterprise.

and if he makes it as far as the bridge, he'll likely be in the captain's chair :lol: