31 Guests Still to come

• Moderators
I've gotta follow the Bear, he's got it spot on. I live 4 hours from Milton Keynes so its got to be worth my while getting there you know and currently it aint.

Saying that, its not that great a line up for die hard Buffy fans as they will have met them all before at at least 2 other shows in the past couple of years.

Why do u make the assumption that all fans go to all shows? It's not necessarily true.

I for one can't afford to go to Buffy-exclusive cons up in Blackpool that often have good guests, so I have to wait for shows like Collectormania to meet Buffy guests! It's cheaper, no entrance fee etc ... so there's PLENTY of fans who will just come to shows like these! And anyway, other fans who have met some people before are more than willing to meet them again cuz they've had great experiences in the past!

Just cuz it's no good for u, there's PLENTY of people on here that are more than happy to go along to the event and enjoy themselves.

And even if there wasn't the best line-up in the world ... for most of us, the event isn't just about guests, it's a social event and meeting up with so many ppl off this forum is a great experience in itself so even if the line up was disappointing to me i'd still be there every time! Even if I had to travel 4 hrs ;)

Admiral Bear

I've gotta follow the Bear, he's got it spot on. I live 4 hours from Milton Keynes so its got to be worth my while getting there you know and currently it aint.

Saying that, its not that great a line up for die hard Buffy fans as they will have met them all before at at least 2 other shows in the past couple of years.

I'm a huge Buffy fan, but I've only just started going to shows and conventions in the last year or so.

For all the people who've met guests 'loads of times' and 'won't bother' I'm sure they'll be another two that have never met any of the stars before and jump at the chance.

i think this line up is better than the May c5, for my own personal tastes (but not for my wallet, haha!). There's at least 4 guests I'd like to meet, and the event is still nearly two months away.

Happy faces pleaase people!! :lol::vader:

I agree with David, there are SO many different genres of films, TV programmes etc, its hard to please everyone at a con. You have people who are specific to what they like, for example, LOTR fans, some people only will go to see LOTR actors etc and nothing else, but you have some people who like all kinds of things, I like Films, from the genres of horror, sci fi, fantasy, all sorts so these events are good for me.

If you are a specific fan then you should realise that its gunna be harder to please you. You just have to be patient, im sure eventually you will get to meet guests of your choice, but when you are specific you have to be patient. Hope that made sense lol! :vader:

I forgot to add lol, as kookie22 said, some people are new to cons and some only go to particullar shows, so they may not have met them so they need a chance too :vader: WOOO GOO KOOKIE stick it to the man! :lol:

I think the line up is good but u have got 2 remember sooo many people wanna meet different kinds of stars meaning it can b difficult 2 please every1.

If you don't like the line up this time they usually try and make it up next time!!!!

Why do u make the assumption that all fans go to all shows? It's not necessarily true.

I for one can't afford to go to Buffy-exclusive cons up in Blackpool that often have good guests, so I have to wait for shows like Collectormania to meet Buffy guests! It's cheaper, no entrance fee etc ... so there's PLENTY of fans who will just come to shows like these! And anyway, other fans who have met some people before are more than willing to meet them again cuz they've had great experiences in the past!

Just cuz it's no good for u, there's PLENTY of people on here that are more than happy to go along to the event and enjoy themselves.

And even if there wasn't the best line-up in the world ... for most of us, the event isn't just about guests, it's a social event and meeting up with so many ppl off this forum is a great experience in itself so even if the line up was disappointing to me i'd still be there every time! Even if I had to travel 4 hrs :P

Cheaper because of no entrance fee maybe but the autograph prices are definitely cheaper at the Buffy cons themselves.

Im not in it for the social aspect anyway Im only interested in the autographs. I can meet with my friends whenever I want I don't need to make them on the internet and then travel to a con to meet them.

• Moderators

And even if there wasn't the best line-up in the world ... for most of us, the event isn't just about guests, it's a social event and meeting up with so many ppl off this forum is a great experience in itself so even if the line up was disappointing to me i'd still be there every time! Even if I had to travel 4 hrs ^_^

Cheaper because of no entrance fee maybe but the autograph prices are definitely cheaper at the Buffy cons themselves.

Im not in it for the social aspect anyway Im only interested in the autographs. I can meet with my friends whenever I want I don't need to make them on the internet and then travel to a con to meet them.

Is that some kinda dig? Cuz really if ur gonna say "I dont need to make them on the Internet" then ur gonna be targetting quite a few people on here with that remark :P There's nothing wrong with the friends I've made on here, and just cuz u wanna be unsociable, that's ur choice ... but I prefer coming on here, ENJOYING posting on here, making friends, and not being negative all the time. Obviously the way u do things is the complete opposite.

Well I wasn't overly impressed with the C5 lineup so I didn't go but I fully accepted that there were guests there for other people & I'm glad they enjoyed it.

I like the lineup for C6 so I'm going this time. I think you have to accept that not every event is going to cater exactly for your tastes. But SMs do a good job. They get some pretty big guest these days.

Anyway I wouldn't want all the guests to be ones I liked or it would cost me a small fortune to meet them all!! :lol:

PS More LOTR & Harry Potter guests please :lol:

I love the guest line up, its like WOW. The last annoucnement SM announced like 4 people I wanna meet make that 5. Theres always been someone in each announcement who I've wanted to meet

My list so far

Nick Brendon (get his bro too)

The Trio

Thomas Robins

Royd Tolkien

Amanda Tapping

Nathaniel Lees

Sam Jones

Melody Anderson

Dirk Benedict (for mum)

Richard Hatch (for mum)

Billy Dee

and

Kenny B again cause he's a top bloke

and then theres LFACC

Carl Weathers

Ron Perlman

Jenette Goldstein

Mark Rolston

Rico Ross

and

Tom Woodruff JR

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Your not into the social aspect ??? then why do you post on the forum ??? :rolleyes::(

Ren

xxx

• Moderators

Your not into the social aspect ??? then why do you post on the forum ??? :rolleyes::(

Ren

xxx

So he can moan about stuff silly! :jason:

Ren

xxx

So he can moan about stuff silly! :jason:

*smacks head with hand* well duh !!!!

Ren

xxx

It's a good line-up so far. I'm hoping for better LOTRs guests and I would love some X-Men guests, but considering Ray Park has been the only one in past conventions (as far as I know), I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm going with three people who have never been to a convention before though :) So that should be fun!

And even if there wasn't the best line-up in the world ... for most of us, the event isn't just about guests, it's a social event and meeting up with so many ppl off this forum is a great experience in itself so even if the line up was disappointing to me i'd still be there every time! Even if I had to travel 4 hrs ^_^

YEH THAT WHJY I THINK ITS HARRY POTTERS TURN AS WE HAD NO1 LAST TIME ROUND AND YOU GET ALL THESE PEOPLE LIKE STAR WARS FANS ETC MOANING THAT THEY HAVNT GOT THE PEOPLE THEY WANT BUT THEY HAD ALOT LAST TIME SO LET OTEHRS HAVE A CHNACE

I not that impressed either - most of the guests already there are TV show people or people who are has-beens that only starred in one or two big name name films from the early 80s. The only person I def wanna meet so far is Billy Dee Williams, I've met all the other SW guys at the NEC. If it wasn't for the party I'm not sure I would go at all.

We need more movie stars, not TV stars.

1. Of course they are "has beens" - Brad Pitt is likely to cancel "due to work commiments" - and don't even think about playing the Elijah Card ! "Has beens" are the nature of con guests, what matters is the QUALITY of the guest .... and for my money this is the best SM event to date.

2. You are only interested so far in BDW ??? Which of his many and varied roles outside of Star Wars will you be asking him about ?? Kind of contradicts your "one trick pony policy" ....

3. Why do we need more movie stars ?? Cult TV is just as big, if not bigger !!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SHOWMASTERS !!