This person must be stopped please look

Bon jovi

SM have about 3 ebay names i think, Offworld got suspended because some wanking left negatives over something very pityful, and pre-orders are only allowed if the item is released within 30 days from the listing. All those auctions if ebay is notified will be taken down

What they are doing isnt illegal though and lets face it, why would SM want to stop it. Its more money in their pocket. In some respects you should be supporting this guy. More money for SM, better guests for us!

It is all right saying more money for SM and better guests , but I went to the LFACC to meet the Lord Of The Rings cast , but ended up missing Billy Boyd and Andy Serkis because I couldn't get a ticket for the queue .

I want to be able to meet the people who I make a 500 mile round trip to see , and if some money-grabbing dealer gets a ticket and I don't and I miss them it doesn't seem right . :unsure:

PLEASE LOOK HERE :angel:

These people must be stopped. COME ON SHOWMASTERS THIS MUST STOP NOW.

I dont mean for this to sound rude, but if you really think this guy is doing something wrong then you should delete this thread cos at the end of the day your advertising him! :D

BHPF :angel:

Edited by bigharrypotterfan

I reported this to SM via email when the seller was first advertising Amanda Tapping autos as a pre-order from c6.

technically, if, as some of you have said, there is a 30day rule, the seller *IS* doing something wrong; there is more than 30days till c6 and when AT was announced there's gotta have been about 3months, weren't the last lot of announcements about a month ago?!

also, damn right! even if the seller only gets 5 autos, that's still time taken for real fans of the guest to meet them, not just some one out to make a big profit! spesh as the seller says they will take a photo as a COA; they want each guest to post with EACH auto they write!!!

(fair nough I suppose if short queue but not like if it was an Elijah-sized queue!!!)

not to contradict myself but I have gotten autos for mates before (e.g. at LFACC when the Billy Boyd queue went open and you didn't need a ticket :angel: ) but my mates only paid the price of the auto!

finally - and this is the best bit - I thought "Finalfrontier" sounded familiar and I was right, there is a forum member with that name (checked under members, find by first letter) :angel::D

surfy sah xx

ps-I don't see this thread as advertising him as aren't most people reading this attending c6 to get their own autos?!

there is 2 ways to look at this just think of the people around the world who can't even get close to these people and surely this is much better than getting an normal auto.

You are never never ever going to get away from dealers they are everywhere. Premiere's awards. Anywhere an celb is there are there.

It might not seem far but showmasters is an business and at the end of the day they need the money to run the business as long as the 5 item rule is up I think it's fair. They wait like us for as long as us.

I have talked to many of them most are nice and they don't just sell them all they like celbs as much as us and they get auto's for themselves as well. For many it is how they pay to get to events to met these people.

Hobbitlover I think part of the problem is that like a few of the reply's here I think that these people are just running a business like anyone else and that if people want to pay the prices they are asking it is up to them. However, it is increadably annoying when you are in a queue when a dealer is in front of you with a stack of 50 pics to be signed. Especially as there will probably be more than one dealer doing this for each guest. I think that they are allowed to do this as part of the terms for sponsoring/being there but perhaps there could be someway other to deal with this if it is possible.

If there is a limit on autos (Showmasters, please stick to a max of five), then all I can see this guy getting is a lot of unhappy customers.

Personally, I gave up buying autos on ebay, because:

1/ You are never going to know they are genuine

2/ It will cost you more in most cases

3/ I prefer to meet the individual and get a photo with them if possible as well.

I am sure due to some of the Great guests Showmasters have , some poor fools (or maybe not so poor looking at the bid prices) will order them. I guess it just goes to show how lucky we are that we have Showmasters organising these events in England so most of us based here can get to them easily.

There always has been and always will be people doing thiis at conventions, it can get annoying but its a way people make money.

And as everyone keeps saying, Showmasters has the 5 per person limit.

To be Honest i dont get why people would buy an autographed item of a dealer anyway. I dont think it means anything unless you actually met the person.

Hobbitlover I think part of the problem is that like a few of the reply's here I think that these people are just running a business like anyone else and that if people want to pay the prices they are asking it is up to them. However, it is increadably annoying when you are in a queue when a dealer is in front of you with a stack of 50 pics to be signed. Especially as there will probably be more than one dealer doing this for each guest. I think that they are allowed to do this as part of the terms for sponsoring/being there but perhaps there could be someway other to deal with this if it is possible.

I guess I'm lucky not to have had to ever be behind someone like that. But I thought the 5 things signed stopped that sort of thing.

ps-I don't see this thread as advertising him as aren't most people reading this attending c6 to get their own autos?!

Yeah most people do but I still think you would be surprised at the amount of people who can't, :(

I have actually bought a couple of autographs off of ebay as they were for people who (at the time) I thought I would have no chance of meeting and wanted them to finish off my collections. However (although this does not mean they really are genuine) one of them was a resale initially from a very reputable company and the other had a photo of the person signing it and a weblink to the event that confirmed he was there, so I took the risk (and got it at a great price). If it turns out it's not real I will not have lost a huge amount.

I THINK THE MANE PROBLEMS WITH THIS IS

1) THEY HOLD UP THE QUES, I KNOW THIS FORM EXPERIENCE. QUEING UP FROM THREE IN THE MORNING TO SEE ELIJAH, SEAN AND DOM, WE GOT STUCK BEHIND A DEALER WITH A PILE OF WELL OVER ONE HANDRED PICTURES TO GET SIGNED. THIS MENT LOTS OF PEOPLE LATER COULDNT GET AUTOGRAPHS BECAUSE OF THE TIME WASTED HERE EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD BEEN QUEING FROM THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING.

2) THIS GUY IS CHARGING OVER DOUBLE THE AMOUNT HE WILL PAYOUT FOR THE AUTOGTAPH ITS SELF. AND SHOWMASTERS WILL NOT SEE A PENY OF THIS.

I THINK IT OK FOR SHOWMASTERS TO MAKE MONEY BECAUSE THE MORE MONEY THE MAKE THE MORE AND BETTER GUESSTS WE GET TO MEET!!

THE IDEA OF THE DEALER HOUR IS GREAT AS IT WILL CUT CONGESTION :(

I have actually bought a couple of autographs off of ebay as they were for people who (at the time) I thought I would have no chance of meeting and wanted them to finish off my collections. However (although this does not mean they really are genuine) one of them was a resale initially from a very reputable company and the other had a photo of the person signing it and a weblink to the event that confirmed he was there, so I took the risk (and got it at a great price). If it turns out it's not real I will not have lost a huge amount.

Yeah i just got Ian McKellen for 99p from ebay, I was lucky and once I saw the COA I recognised the company and it's genuine which makes me feel pretty chuffed. I doubt I'll ever get to meet him for real so it goes into my X-Men collection nicely.

I have actually bought a couple of  autographs off of ebay as they were for people who (at the time) I thought I would have no chance of meeting and wanted them to finish off my collections.  However (although this does not mean they really are genuine) one of them was a resale initially from a very reputable company and the other had a photo of the person signing it and a weblink to the event that confirmed he was there, so I took the risk (and got it at a great price).  If it turns out it's not real I will not have lost a huge amount.

Yeah i just got Ian McKellen for 99p from ebay, I was lucky and once I saw the COA I recognised the company and it's genuine which makes me feel pretty chuffed. I doubt I'll ever get to meet him for real so it goes into my X-Men collection nicely.

how dya know its genuine

I don't for definate, but as I say I know one of the companies one of them came from and they are very reputable and one of the official companies that most artwork and photo's comes through. I do prefer to get my autographed items personalised but I got these as I was unlikely to meet the people and wanted them to complete my collection - so it is either not have them or get them through a reputable dealer!

A lot of these UACC dealers send for autos to wherever then the star's secretary signs on behalf of the star. Ive heard so many terror stories over the authenticity of autos for sale on ebay. I wouldnt give any of them a penny.

It does seem a shame, as he seems to be making a lot of money, where maybe you or me or SM could be, but if there are people willing to pay for it, then why not. As long as he doesn't disrupt the flow of the line, I' alright.

Least I guess he's giving the chance to those who cannot attend C6 the chance to own an autograph by someone they would otherwise might not be able to obtain. Like a lot of you here tho...I'd much rather meet and obtain the autograph in person (or by my own means) as it adds something to the autograph, an authenticity and memory.

Otherwise in the end an autograph is just a signed piece of paper or photo..

Raylenth Posted on Aug 9 2004, 03:40 PM

I don't for definate, but as I say I know one of the companies one of them came from and they are very reputable and one of the official companies that most artwork and photo's comes through. I do prefer to get my autographed items personalised but I got these as I was unlikely to meet the people and wanted them to complete my collection - so it is either not have them or get them through a reputable dealer!

I would stay clear of buying autos on the internet if I were you. At the very least , if you do buy on-line use a company which is part of the registered dealer programme with the Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC) and is prepared to give you a life long guarantee of authencity or money back. You are far better getting autos at conventions, book signings, premiere's in person if you can. That is the only way you will every know they are genuine. Just think of how many autos there are for certain stars for sale on the Internet, and some of these people never even sign autos. Plus, half the fun is meeting the celeb or star you admire anyway.