Comic guest suggestions

showmasters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why not tell us which comic artist and writers you would like to see!

495050[/snapback]

Stan Lee definately. I know he's getting on now, but it would be great to meet him while he's still around.

953425[/snapback]

Hes 83 now, but still occasionally attends US signing shows, so I'd definitely like to see him here, he'd be a massively popular guest.

My comic guest wish list -

John Romita, Sr.

John Romita, Jr.

Steve Ditko

Stan Lee

Alan Moore

Frank Miller

Albert Uderzo (Asterix)

Gene Colan

Neal Adams

Nick Cardy

John Wagner

Carlos Ezquerra

Neil Gaiman

Dave Dorman

Doug Wheatley

Dave Gibbons

Brian Bolland

And Leo Baxendale would be a great guest to get at a show. Creator of The Bash Street Kids, Minnie the Minx, and more.

Info on him -

http://www.reaper.co.uk/main.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Baxendale

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howard Tayler, writer, artist and colourer(?) of the brilliant web-comic, Schlock Mercenary. He's been making a daily comic strip for six years straight now, with no gaps or stopping, for free.

He's recently published a comicbook of his first Book (Book I: Under New Management).

He does conventions (Howard At Your Convention), and I would love to meet him! Schlock Mercenary is an amazingly funny comic about a band of mercenaries called Tagon's Toughs. I love going to schlockmercenary.com every day and seeing how the story is going. :headscratch:

It's very much a story and character based comic -- sounds odd, but, although Howard likes to put in the "funny of the day", the story is primarily spread over weeks and months. He's a great guy that puts in a lot of work to his comic strips, and I would love to meet him and listen to him give a talk. :P

PS: I'm kinda expecting not many people to have read his comics, but I would urge you to do so. His stories are absolute gems, and I love his characters. He does have a Basic Training Course, which cuts out a couple of years of reading. So, if you do get some spare time...

PPS: Definitely suggesting for 2007 here, seeing as I can't actually come to '06. :chair:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Joss Whedon (He is my own personal god, and everyone should accept him unto their lives)

Stan The Man (A True Legend in comic books)

Mark Millar (Writer of the finest series Marvel have, The Ultimates and Ultimates 2, also Civil War, my favourite Spiderman arc, the 12 issue run on MK Spiderman and Ultimate X-Men)

Brian K Vaughn (His run on Ultimate X-Men was amazing)

Brian Michael Bendis (to throw rock at him, and why he has decided to turn Ultimate MJ into an angry squirrel, and Ultimate Doc Ock into Magneto Lite)

• 2 weeks later...