Park & Ride - Junction 14

I'm hoping to drive from Suffolk to visit Collectormania 3 on the Sunday. As it's a bank holiday weekend - does anyone know if the Park and Ride, junction 14 off the motorway will be open on that day? and if the buses start at 10.30 a.m., can I get in and park any earlier.

• Showmasters Admin

I've contacted the council about the Park and Ride, as I had also heard that it was not running on Bank Holiday Monday.

The service will run as usual on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but not Monday. However the car park will still be open and there is still a regular bus service from within the coach station itself (just around the corner) so you will still be able to get to and from the city centre easily. I'm not sure what time the last bus will be though, so if you are planning on staying all day it might be worth just checking.

• 4 weeks later...

The park and ride used to be free. (notice how now when you drive on the motorway, its got a word sprayed out 'free' then park and ride) i guess they were loosing money.

MK's Council is in need of loads of money. Thats one of the reason you have to pay for parking now. A few years back they had all these grand plans to renovate a lot of the council houses with new roofs and double glazed windows. Its barely started due to lack of funds.

Usless info I know!

Darryl

• 4 weeks later...