Shout for Mike Mignola

• 3 weeks later...
ptenbob Posted on Aug 6 2004, 04:03 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can we let this thread get so far down!?

*BUMPS* 

Well said mate, the part of my brain that's still working says....spam!

OK in the effort to try and rouse some interest I've decided to post "What has Mike Mignola done for us?", much in the vein of the BBC2 series.

1 - The Early Years - Look at his work on Aliens VS Predator, Batman, X-Men classic, Batman/Judge Dread: Vendetta on Gotham,

2 - Hellboy. The writing, the story arcs and the artwork are all top notch. A totally identifiable regular guy (albeit monster), who fights monsters. Look at the way he carves his characters out of shadow, superb totally engaging gothic fell!

3 - Film. Production design artist / consultant for Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola), Blade II, Hellboy. As well as character development for Disney’s Atlantis, and work on the animated Batman series. He has a small cameo in the Hellboy movie.

4 - He cooked the first full English fry up

5 - He was responsible for designing the underwater tunnel connecting England and Peru.

6 - And he invented the Cat

What more can you say, lets have him for LFACC2!

• 2 weeks later...

Mignola rocks...

I mety him @ SDCC last month and he is a really nice guy... I helped do an interview with him for a site I work on... www.action-figure.com

He would be a top guest.. plus his wife Christine is very nice as well !