Need av, HTML, site help?

I am also a graphics person!

:o

I work using Photoshop, 3ds max, cinema 4d, maya, terragon, dreamweaver, lightwave 3d, Adobe atmosphere, Psp8... but i mainly just use photoshop...

My site is http://www.lucidblueprints.com

And i have some stuff uploaded at http://mrstabby.deviantart.com

:o

If you want anything just ask... :D

(ps.. this is my latest image thingy http://www.deviantart.com/view/8534463/ )

Edited by Mr Stabby

• 3 weeks later...

hullo!! right, on your pages, you have really great buttons to link to your website with...you know which buttons i mean...the beutiful shiny ones for affiliates and ...stuff

well, i can never get mine to look nice and pretty and beautiful like yours so have you got any tips on making them so they look all shiny and wonderful?

*stabs mr stabby*

Oi, go sell your services on another thread!! :huh:

Also, buttons...hmmm....its all about know how to save as what!! Mast people save tiny buttons as Jpegs but that merges the colour and smudges the image thus reducing the quality.

So number one: Save as a .gif, the quality will be better.

2: Text...has to be clear. So when you type anything UNSELECT Antilias. This makes the text solid by pixel. Meaning there will be no gradient in the colour. Also, try downloading some bitmap/pixel fonts or hand writing your own words pixel by pixel! It's not as hard as it seems!

3: The image in the button should be as plain as possible, nothing fancy and not too much action as it crowds what tiny space you have. Maybe "colourise" the image so it's mainly different shades of one colour.

4: Remember that its to be basic, pretty, interesting to look at. Too many effects make the image crowded and ugly. I always tell myself in any graphics that have two effects are enough. Any more and your stretching the quality. You see all these AVs and wallpapers with allllll thes effects and in the case of avs moving effects that really bring the quality down (and the file size up!) Think small, think simple!

Now, if you are really stuck I shall make a tutorial for you and I can send it to you if you want. It'll be for Paint Shop Pro 7 though. If you don't have that programme I will try and do it in such a way that it'll be like a set of universal intructions!

:P

• 3 weeks later...
My main programmes are Paint Shop Pro 7 and Animation shop. Also believe it or not I love using ms paint as well! :lol:

I tried using another programme which came with my multimedia kit but I just couldn't get my head around it! I prefer PSP as it is so user friendly!

The two main programmes that people use are Adobe and Paint Shop Pro though.

Yea Paint Shop Pro 7 is the best! Made for all of us who can't afford Photoshop but its so impressive! You can create some excellent graphics with it. I do webdesign too, HTML, CSS, JAVA etc is all good but im trying to work more with image slicing and graphics.

MY SITE

• Moderators

Hey I just looked at ur site cuz I was bored lol Looks good! :D I want to learn how to make a site sometime, I'd rather have a decent site to put my photos on than my Yahoo one which is pretty boring! :wub: ... notice u've been to another con, I was there too :wacko: