Need av, HTML, site help?

hello there!

I saw this and thought: "Hey! I could advertise my services in the HTML, av and site building ways!"

I have helped a few people out with Avs here before but also I could probably stretch to hosting it IF you ask me nicely and IF I know you wont stick it anywhere else apart from here. Because the domain is a friends and it eats her bandwidth. Which is naughty. *shakes head*

I can also make graphics and help with any HTML problems people may have when building their sites! :lol:

What I have done:

My Personal Site

Paul Norell's Official Website

Graphics made by me and layouts by me from scratch! :P *beams with pride* So I'm here to help!

My main programmes are Paint Shop Pro 7 and Animation shop. Also believe it or not I love using ms paint as well! :lol:

I tried using another programme which came with my multimedia kit but I just couldn't get my head around it! I prefer PSP as it is so user friendly!

The two main programmes that people use are Adobe and Paint Shop Pro though.

• Moderators

hehe yeah I'm a PSP/Animation dude too :o I've used other kinda HTML stuff, but it always confuses me to be honest lol is Adobe good? Expensive I can imagine :D I'd love to make a website but there's just so much ya need to know ... did u self-teach?

Adobe is the top dawg of graphics programmes I believe. Apple Macs are the best computers for graphics aswell. I use the ones at my dad's factory when I can.

I self taught HTML and I type it on notepad, I have never used and web building programmes. I start from scratch!

It isn't that hard though once you learn the basics and steer clear from horrendous layouts. You're on your way.

Lissa Explains It All is a great site that teaches all you need to know about web site building.

The do's and don't's as well. Like how to save images properly and about not going over the top with graphics and fancy effects. Minimal is the way forward in web design! if your site takes too long to load up then people just wont bother with it!

• Moderators

Thanks hun, I'll have a looksie at that :D

I did learn some stuff a while back .. images, and background music etc .. but that's all pretty simple really!

What about webspace, is that expensive?

You are looking at about £20 a year for the smallest space. If you pay annually you get the domain free. The domain is what you type in the addy bar. but you knew that lol

Web hosting is here, well, one of many that can be found but it's the one I used for my dads two business sites that I'll be making for him.

My advice is to use things like AOL and geocities for starters. For when you want to experiment and learn how to build and design sites, but before long you will need to find a friend with their own domain to host you or you should get your own. Really I can't STAND geocities or angelfire sites! But they are very good for beginners!

Plus AOL have a nasty habit of NOT working for anybody else! :D

• Moderators

I used to have a geocities one but it did f*ck me off completely so I gave up on that lol And I had an AOL one too but ... like u said, IT SUCKS lol so .. I guess I'll maybe mess around with one n see what I can do .. I hate Angelfire aswell but I guess ya can't be too fussy sometimes :rolleyes:

If you fiddle with settings you can make the ads on the geocities/angelfire sites become pop-ups so it doesn't interfere with the site itself. So people with pop-up blockers are none the wiser!

The other bad thing is the length of the addy, its something like for example: (laugh if this example link actually went some where) http://www.angelfire.com/punk/rock/mycrazysite

Which is a bugger to remember. There are sites out there that can change the addy to something else for you, I'll have to gather up their links, hmmm, I think I know someone that knows those.

Edited by Smaug

My main programmes are Paint Shop Pro 7 and Animation shop. Also believe it or not I love using ms paint as well! :rolleyes:

I LOVE paint, so simple to use but its such a good program to use aswell

I use PSP7 and Animation Shop aswell :angry:

I'm quite capable of upgrading I have the money for it but I know how to use PSP7 toooo well to scrap that and re-learn on PSP8!

I'm gonna have to learn how to use AppleMacs soon as well. If I am going to get anywhere in the Computer Gaming world ;)

*sigh* I hate Macs, I really do...

My main programmes are Paint Shop Pro 7 and Animation shop. Also believe it or not I love using ms paint as well! ;)

I use PSP7 and Animation Shop aswell :unsure:

i thought you hated paint! :unsure:

i got adobe but cant be bothered to figure it out. so impatient i am

My main programmes are Paint Shop Pro 7 and Animation shop. Also believe it or not I love using ms paint as well! ;)

I use PSP7 and Animation Shop aswell :unsure:

i thought you hated paint! :D

i got adobe but cant be bothered to figure it out. so impatient i am

You have to work out Adobe! Some of the stuff you can make with that programme are amzing!

Took me a while to learn PSP7 but now I know my way around it I can churn out pretty much anything! :unsure: It's great!

Sooooo?

If you're serious about graphics you spend the money...if you want layouts and graphics to rival most on the net you can't just use MS Paint.

And some other graphic programmes cost well up to the £1000 mark. Also? A programme is rubbish if the computer its being used on it rubbish. So money has to be spent on computers that match the software.

In the factory I mentioned earlier, the computers aren't networked so Adobe had to be bought for each computer.

I might get Adobe for my birthday actually.... *ponders this*

SMAUG, HELP ME!!!!!!!!

:help::lol::help::unsure::help:

My av is all pixely and you can't read the writing (which is very amusing, it would amuse you if you could read it).

Can you help me? There my be a pint for you in this at C6 if you can :D .

ok, it could be because you made it for 100x 100? and you uploaded it and this site is actually only 64x64.... Have a look at the original file and tell me how big it is.

If it is the case then you'll need to re-make the av to 64x64, if you can't I can for you. Other than that I think the only other reason is the original file is naff quality.

ORRR you optimized it and that wrecked the quality....either way check for me that the original wasn't meant to be 100x100. Because then the site squashes it and makes it go awful.

So if 100x100 need to remake to 64x64, if not? Start again and DONT optimize.

Open it in Animation Shop or equivilant programme.... Click on the top menu bar (this is for animation shop might be different for others) Animation >> Resize >> Pixel Size 64x64 >> OK

Shift + S gets the same box up. It should resize hopefully without screwing up the writting...if it still does it you'll have to e-mail the person and ask to have another one made but for 64x64.