Items being signed

I've got a very lmt edition comic and was planning on taking it to cons and getting it signed by the various stars involved. My question however is that I have not bought this comic in order to sell it on, it will be added to my personal collection, but with an eye to the future, would having it signed devalue/ruin it?

Could anyone help with this, particulary any dealers.

:unsure:

I would have thought unpersonalised signatures would increase the value. Yes some people do like things in mint condition, but if it's specially for your personal collection then do what you want. Sometimes personal value outweighs monetary value. :P

It's a difficult question to answer - basically it could add value on the autograph point of view as to a dealer/collector it's a "different" item to have in your collection if it's signed.

If however, it's a limited edition item in mint condition to a comic collector it *could* decrease the value as some comic collectors want these as pure as the driven snow with no autographs, taken out of the original wrapping etc.

It really is a grey area.

3 things! (actually 4 ;))

1) welcome to the forum!

2)where are you going to meet the *main* SG actors???? :(:o :o

(PLEASE email me at surfy_sah@hotmail.com)

3)as a SG fan please petition for SG guests at c6 (the topic is on this page, some where ;) ) and also post in the main SG section, under "General Chat", the more the merrier :D

4)lastly, with, for example, SW figures, the ORIGINALS from the 70s etc that have NEVER been OPENED and are in condition blah blah, blah :P , signing them majorly DECREASES the value. but as it's been said, depends on how "collectable" the comic is. maybe you could get 2 of the same issue, get one signed and keep the other one safe and mint some where? also, if you are new to signing and meeting guests, you might want to consider getting something else signed with your name on it like a 8x10 photo? that way you get your fave character and a personalised message to frame and stare at :P

hope this helps

surfy sah xx

This is probably an almost impossible question to answer, but as a Comic Collector I would rather have the item unsigned as I would see it detracting from the value.

However, as you are planning to keep it for yourself and your own personal collection then I don't think you need to worry.

good qustion : and welcome abord :-)

I collect autographs so my segestion would be :

1. it dasn't mater what item you get ther sig on , if you wont it to incress it's valu then try no to personelis it !!!

2. make sure the sigs are on a light part of the item , so thay are clear to see ,

this is importent since if you ever seel it / them peopal will need prof thay are real and the best way is to see a nice clear sig :-)

have fun at all the cons :-)