Project Hobbit

Nickwise Gamgee

YOU are getting wrong. Nobody else thought of Gandalf in lace up bras.  :wub: It burns us precious. ......Saruman in a thong! I crush innocence :pyth: *runs off*

:lol: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another lovely image for you :lol:

Dead ringers radio series has already had Saruman wearing the one ring "down there" in a lotr nude calander! :o

:lol: I'm gunna stop right there :lol::lol:

Why is the day to short? I got something to do at ten oclock (nothing to do with chanel 4)

Wah not enough time to post and I have loads to say!

Manga character? Ooo, want to know which! But I suppose it's a secret. I had a skuld (ah my goddess) costume when I was 14. And I'm completely in love with NADIA

Probably no one knows what I'm talking about...

I've got to collect my Frodo jacket tomorrow. I made then alter it by taking the hem down so it's too long (hee mis sized hobbit fashion) and take off all the nicely designed pocket edge things cuz Frodo doesn't have them. And take up the sleves which are way too long for me. But I made them keep back the matterial for me so that I could add on all the bits that Frodo has. What ever.

Wah! 5 past 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: C u soon! Am worried my orc armor will look crap next to Nickwise's. Sorry if it does! ;):wub:

10 past 10! No way do I have too many emoticons!!!! grrr showmasters.

Edited by babyFrodo

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fully aware of who Skuld is! The one with the mallet right? *proud of her knowledge* I know fairly little about Ah! My godess! though due to only having 3 episodes and I haven't actually watched them yet. :lol: That's the sort of useless thing I do.

My costume is not a secret, so I'll tell you! I've just grown used to the fact that most people look at you like you've grown a third arm or something if you say the word 'manga', so don't really mention it. I'm hopefully doing a Misato costume from Neon Genesis Evangelion. *awaits puzzled looks* There's a picture here of her in my cosplayuk profile if anyone at all is interested. :rolleyes:

Dead ringers radio series has already had Saruman wearing the one ring "down there" in a lotr nude calander!

*shudders* Shan't sleep well tonight. Me and Saruman have a history of not going well together when it comes to dreams. That'll haunt me, that one.

Well, I'm sure everyone's orc armor will be fantastic. :D You can stab or headbutt anyone who tries to tell you otherwise. Remember, you are armored! They are not. You have the advantage. ...I sound like I'm trying to cause a fight. Damn, you all know I'm just after yelling 'I can fight too!' at someone. Oooo, that's a plus I've just remembered for making Eowyn's refugee dress - can re-use the sword with potato on the end. Negative - need to replace potato as it has shrivelled.

...*shudders as she remembers Saruman again* You are all bad. :angry::P

Manga character? Ooo, want to know which! But I suppose it's a secret. I had a skuld (ah my goddess) costume when I was 14.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Screams, runs, and hides.* :rolleyes:

*Rocks in dark corner.*

Edited by Nickwise Gamgee

*pats Nick on the back* There, there little hobbit. It's not going to hurt you. You're not going to be subjected to endless talk about making mallets. Take deep breaths...

:angry: Do ignore her babyfrodo. It's not you, it's the fact that she's been subjected to quite a bit of talk about Skuld costumes from a friend of ours.

Just concentrate on Saruman in thongs and Gandalf in lacy bras Nickwise Gamgee! You'll get through this! :rolleyes:

hey this thread is funny!! i hope you guys have sorted out your costumes etc or are finishing them soon?? :P

you know its only about 3 months to go till c6?? or next month is the another show! ahh cant believe it!! actually... 3 months, or there abouts, is still a long time! :D:rolleyes: oh well... soon be here!! im just rambling now!! if you understood what i have been saying then good on ya!!! hehe ok im going now!! :angry::lol:

omg! Small world and everything!

Sarowyn - Lara did that costume years ago at an anime con! :o:wub: Although I bet to this day she doesn't actually know who it is! :wub: It was all a bit of a rush job, her jacket was great though. I was the blue haired one (name excapes me for a moment, it's been years since I watched eva!). I've still got the wig! Like I said small world! :D Can't wait to see to see your costume!!!!!!!!! You've got the hair for it as well! :DB)

Nickwise- you can come out now! I never had the mallet and I don't think I have the costume anymore!!! Not gunna make excuses for what I did though. Skuld is ultra cute!

Lara- I fussed a huskie!!!!!!! :P And might be able to do tr photos tomorrow if needed!

lotr_nut - :P:lol:B)

hey this thread is funny!! i hope you guys have sorted out your costumes etc or are finishing them soon?? :P

you know its only about 3 months to go till c6?? or next month is the another show! ahh cant believe it!! actually... 3 months, or there abouts, is still a long time! :D;) oh well... soon be here!! im just rambling now!! if you understood what i have been saying then good on ya!!! hehe ok im going now!! :unsure::unsure:

I shall come out of hiding only to say "Heya, Lotr nut!!!" Glad you have stumbled across our madness!! You are most welcome at any time to join in with our little ramblings about costumes...but I do get carried away with strangenesses (and I also make up words)

Three months. Pah. hehehehe. I made the original Legolas in under four weeks, bow and all. ;) I think I've clocked up a couple of weeks on the armour so far but most of that is chain mailing...

As for you lot...*looks around shiftily* you know who you are... I shall think NO MORE of Gandalf or Saruman or anything to do with bad things. I have a kiddie's mind and I still believe in elves....

Take the ten away from the nineteen and you've got my preferred age.

(quoting Sarowyn)

I could never abandon my hobbit, however I'm dressed. And who knows, I might be a lotr character on one of the days! Never discount the Arwen dress coming back (again)! (I just like the dress. I wanna get my money's worth on that fabric. *strokes it*)

you don't have to be lotr I really don't mind. It won't, however affect the fact I'm dressing as a CareBear....or Bananaman....or maybe even Sam. :P

Or maybe I should go as a 'shopper' and be a normal person for once? Would be a shocker.

*Goes back into hiding*

I can be coaxed out with a cup-a-soup.

Aw :unsure:

I'll do the honours. What flavour cup-a-soup shall I get for you?

*is keeping lip bitten untill friend returns. it's sooo difficult! especially now that I'm thinking of all the Slade being obsessed with cup-a-soup, reeves and mortimer sketchs*

*is still fighting back all crazy smart ar$£ comments. I gunna crack, i tells ya!*

Um, I got a green valvet jacket for 10 quid today. I'll easily be able to turn it into the grey havens jacket!!!

Yay might be able to do grey havens frodo for c6 after all! I was begining to think I had no chance :unsure:

And I got some good material for the Frodo lapel which is darker than the rest of the jacket. Got some customing to do...

Aw :(

I'll do the honours. What flavour cup-a-soup shall I get for you?

*is keeping lip bitten untill friend returns. it's sooo difficult! especially now that I'm thinking of all the Slade being obsessed with cup-a-soup, reeves and mortimer sketchs*

Hehehe, I share a love-hate relationship with cup-a-soup...I love trying to make it, but I hates it....It has some sort of power over me though, I bought 5 of them to survive on for London....

Tomato and pasta will do nicely. :D:P

:wub: Reeves and Mortimer!!! Just love them most in Randall and Hopkirk.

Cool! You have green velvet jacket! I have a sore thumb. Pliers often slip on nice polished aluminuim rings, causing a crushing injury on thumb. Chain mail is getting dangerous. :S

Bought some stuff for the binding on the orc armour trousers. I'm going to try and cover them ASAP. :D

*suddenly gets very excited - I have found different icons!!! Whether I can use them or not is another matter....*

:unsure: I had to add this....this is 'me in hiding' :P

ooooooh....

ok, I am out of hiding. :(:wub:

Edited by Nickwise Gamgee

Don't hide again! I like that photo of you! It brings back memories! (Galadriel jumping on Frodo's bed at the end of Rotk especially! *giggles madly*)

...if you come back out of hiding, I'll buy you a spatula or perhaps some salad tongs to go on your backpack. :ph34r: Pleeeeease! I don't wanna be the girl who scared you out of your own thread! Especially as I don't post much. Come baaaaaaaaaack!

Hello everyone!!! What have I missed??!: LOTR characters in frilly undies??!! What would Legolas chose to wear under his tunic if he went to shop at Anne Summers?? Um never mind... :lol:

Nickwise I wish I could recreate that swinging over metal fence stunt but I really don't think I could if I tried!! :lol: But probbly we should start taking camcorders with us when we go on adventures just in case anyone does anything that needs to be shown on You've Been Framed!! Never mind the humiliation, think of the money!!!

babyFRODO!! Why you got rid of Skuld costume??!! Aw I was hoping I might be able to talk you into wearing it again! That would be sweet! Oooh can't wait to find some good white lace-up boots so I can be Chun-Li again!! Ah fond memories of first ever anime con we went to....

Nickwise be careful with them pliers. Costume making can be ever so dangerous - especially when using a scapel blade on its own coz you can't be bothered with scissors!

Yes me and babyFROD (and Indy!LOL) had quite a busy day shopping (oh my aching hands from the heavy bags!) You had some good finds today bF! Still angry with banana woman and leather man!! :headscratch:

xxx

Did someone say spatula?

*peeks out of cave* I could do with a pair of tongs, and maybe a wooden spoon...

Don't hide again! I like that photo of you! It brings back memories! (Galadriel jumping on Frodo's bed at the end of Rotk especially! *giggles madly*)

:lol::lol:

Lara, Legolas goes for a subtle shade of grey full bloomers, with a nice supportive vest-top....Anne Summers range 18 of the 1720 collection (second age, of course, to add chique value.) With delicate leaf decorating and elastic ribbing for the active archer. :lol:

Next time, I warn, don't ask.... :lol:

Camcorders sound fab. Find one, get the shots you need, and you could pay off a student loan with the money us lot would make!!! :lol:

I will take you advice on the danger of costume making, I was actually going to implement a scapel blade for something that scissors would fail at, but I think I may change my mind....

I'll stay at the edge of my cave for a while, just to see what types of cutlery Sarowyn has to offer...can I have a look at that nice shiny butcher's knife?

:lol::lol: hugs you all, I have to go to work today. Mergh.

*returns carryin a steaming mug of cup-a-soup*

Hello, Nickwise! :lol: Got that powder and water blend you asked for! Nickwise?

I couldn't find any tomato and pasta (is that a real flavour? :lol: ) so I got tomato c-a-s and put some bits of dry pasta in it. Hope this will do :lol: .... Nickwise? HELLO! Where is you?

:lol: Off again. And after I went to the trouble of perparing the meal *grumble*

I'm burning my favourite cowboy hat as a protest!

*Am loving that we're up to five pages of nonsense! :lol: Go us!!! Is slightly embarassed that a very good percentage has come from me :lol: *

Lara, Legolas goes for a subtle shade of grey full bloomers, with a nice supportive vest-top....Anne Summers range 18 of the 1720 collection (second age, of course, to add chique value.) With delicate leaf decorating and elastic ribbing for the active archer. :lol:

Next time, I warn, don't ask.... :lol:

You're mistaken dear. Legolas doesn't wear anything under his tunic! :lol:

babyFRODO!! Why you got rid of Skuld costume??!! Aw I was hoping I might be able to talk you into wearing it again! That would be sweet! Oooh can't wait to find some good white lace-up boots so I can be Chun-Li again!! Ah fond memories of first ever anime con we went to....

I'm still angry with leather man :lol: I think we should go back cut a hole in one of his jackets :lol:

*Might* still have skuld costume but NO ONE could talk me into wearing it again!!!! May be Elijah Wood. :lol::lol:

CHUN LI 4 C6!

I'll stop shouting now. :lol:

If I post 1 more time I'll be a stupid assitant editor as well! hmpt!

Feels sorry for Nickwise being at work. :lol:

Edited by babyFrodo

Hello, Nickwise! :lol: Got that powder and water blend you asked for! Nickwise?

I couldn't find any tomato and pasta (is that a real flavour? :P ) so I got tomato c-a-s and put some bits of dry pasta in it. Hope this will do :lol: .... Nickwise? HELLO! Where is you?

:lol: Off again. And after I went to the trouble of perparing the meal *grumble*

*Am loving that we're up to five pages of nonsense! :lol: Go us!!! Is slightly embarassed that a very good percentage has come from me :lol: *

*Bounds out, snatches preciouss cup-a-soup, hugs bF for making it and runs back into cave* :lol:

Tomato and pasta is a real flavour...all the bits got stuck in my Sam stew cauldron thing, I will show you next time I see you! (tis gross...)

Don't burn your cowboy hat! I have a cowboy hat, tis real leather and looks very much like (either Van Helsing or Indiana Jones) I look royally silly wandering round in it, seeing as there are no cows to herd in outer Bedford...

Five pages is good! But we can do better! Lotr nut, ramble at us, we need to add more pages, and me and babyFrodo seems to have the most waffle out there....Sarowyn, I'm out of hiding now, so you can post more! Post lots! Post until we hit 110 pages...and then some more!! Lara! Ramble, this is your true calling!!!

*feels like I am rallying up a bunch of soldiers for a bombing mission.*

You are Assistant Editor too. ;)

Sarowyn and Lara, you need to get yourselves to Gaffer status and stay there.

Legolas, I'm sure, had SOMETHING under his tunic, just think of the chaffing...all that running after Uruk-Hai in tight leggings. Not good. *shudders to think about it*

I don't think I could dress as Legolas anymore...this is so de-grading....

Ah, I have to go now. I have gard'ning to do. :lol:

*Takes cup-a-soup to work, and a straw, and a coctail stick (for the pasta) and disappears into the sunset...er....on a Sunday Morning. hmmm.* :P

Hello, Nickwise! :D  Got that powder and water blend you asked for! Nickwise?

I couldn't find any tomato and pasta (is that a real flavour? :o ) so I got tomato c-a-s and put some bits of dry pasta in it. Hope this will do :D .... Nickwise? HELLO! Where is you?

:angry: Off again. And after I went to the trouble of perparing the meal *grumble*

*Am loving that we're up to five pages of nonsense! :lol: Go us!!! Is slightly embarassed that a very good percentage has come from me :D *

*Bounds out, snatches preciouss cup-a-soup, hugs bF for making it and runs back into cave* :wub:

Tomato and pasta is a real flavour...all the bits got stuck in my Sam stew cauldron thing, I will show you next time I see you! (tis gross...)

Don't burn your cowboy hat! I have a cowboy hat, tis real leather and looks very much like (either Van Helsing or Indiana Jones) I look royally silly wandering round in it, seeing as there are no cows to herd in outer Bedford...

Five pages is good! But we can do better! Lotr nut, ramble at us, we need to add more pages, and me and babyFrodo seems to have the most waffle out there....Sarowyn, I'm out of hiding now, so you can post more! Post lots! Post until we hit 110 pages...and then some more!! Lara! Ramble, this is your true calling!!!

*feels like I am rallying up a bunch of soldiers for a bombing mission.*

You are Assistant Editor too. :(

Sarowyn and Lara, you need to get yourselves to Gaffer status and stay there.

Legolas, I'm sure, had SOMETHING under his tunic, just think of the chaffing...all that running after Uruk-Hai in tight leggings. Not good. *shudders to think about it*

I don't think I could dress as Legolas anymore...this is so de-grading....

Ah, I have to go now. I have gard'ning to do. B)

*Takes cup-a-soup to work, and a straw, and a coctail stick (for the pasta) and disappears into the sunset...er....on a Sunday Morning. hmmm.* :D

You've actually used your Sam cooking equiptment?! How cool is that?! :lol:B)

I tried to eat the sausages from my back pack, when I realised I hadn't brought enough money for food at lfacc! The silly faces ones, cuz the others are too good to waste by eating them (I'm so sneaking them on to your backpack!)

I did a bit of cooking here

samcook.jpg

3 things about that pic

1. The pan is empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid, fat hobbit!

2. NOTHING about that photo is real B)

3. I look awful! ;) I think I work better as Frodo. Hope I'm not deluding meself about this...

I was going to get loads more done on OAF costume today and Lara was going to help me. Things didn't quite work out that way though :lol: Lara, tues is good for me if you're still thinking of skiving work to do photos!

Before I go I should explain that I *never* tried to eat plastic sausages. That was a joke :lol: However, not having money for food wasn't! :P:lol: Dear me. Situation was saved by Lara's need for always taking a monster munch multi pack on our travels. THANK YOU *BOWS DOWN*

Did someone say 110 pages?! :lol:

Hello everyone :wub: , nickwise, please could you tell me where you got your chain mail links from, cos i was making my chain

mail out of metal but ive run out of coat hangers :wub: please :D

Hope the page thing works out, ill help but i just get ignored alot,

Hello everyone ;) , nickwise, please could you tell me where you got your chain mail links from, cos i was making my chain

mail out of metal but ive run out of coat hangers :unsure: please :P

Hope the page thing works out, ill help but i just get ignored alot,

Yo Cazamir!!!

I got my chain mail links from a man called Guain in the US of A....£2.41 for 1000 I think, roughly $10.00 postage for 5000 and it worked out to be £16 in total for five thousand links. Which'll make you a square of roughly 1.5 ft squared, hence why I am only making patches to keep costs down.

It's an e-Bay store, but DO check whether he is willing to send what you choose to the UK, cos only a bit of stock he will ship out.

I shan't ignore you!! Post as much as you like about coathangars! ;) (and other bits, what costume are you working on now?)

babyFrodo!!! (cool pic btw, loving the 'I'm cooking nothing, Mr Frodo, aren't I clever!!' Just kdding, tis great.) ;):unsure:

My Sam cooking equipment doubles up as useful in places where you are DETERMINED to make it self-catering despite it being a hotel with only a kettle and NO sink (for pouring away ghastly remains of food that can only be made with a kettle.)

awwww. For LFACC2, I will bring copious amounts of food, so if you end up trying to eat your sausages, just come find me and you can have some elven bread. (though I warn, I tend to 'smoke' my pipe whilst sitting on the floor for lunch.)

110 pages, indeed. *cough* I have loads of orcy stuff to do too, so I'll get going on it!!!