Project Hobbit

Nickwise Gamgee

babyFrodo!

This is my new thread *big cheesy grin* for our project madness, but I will still keep visiting the 'costumes!' thread too, because I just LOVE hijacking, not really, it's just a habit I picked up from some filthy orcses...

ooh! I have found some fabric for my FOTR gard'ner's travelling cloak, and will buy you a broom handle tomorrow at work :huh:

Anyway, er...I hope this thread takes off better than the Hindenberg...or my other attempts... :huh:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See? Here I am again! :P

Reading by the tree shots? I sure that by now it will come as no surprize to you what so ever when I tell you I'm in the process of making that outfit!!! The trousers are done and I have some really ace matterial for the shirt. Perfect hobbit texture and the loveliest sea blue colour :P

So only problem is I can't sew (not nice neat stuff anyway). But I've got around this by talking Kerrie/Lara into making it for me *thanks :P * Her payment is two lolipops, one of which she's had up front, so there's no getting out of it now! :lol:

*Shakes head in awe over your orc armor report* :o I wasn't expecting you to do it that acurately! (But I should have known *stupid me!*) You've had a go at that neck piece thing. Yikes! Frodo doesn't have one of them *lucky me :P * You pulled the short straw on that one cuz orc armor Frodo's is a much simpler outfit. The only disadvantage it has over Sam's is it has press studs all over the panels which cost £5.00 for ten. And I've used rather more than ten... :lol:

Sam *still* has sting at this point btw! Bilbo gave that to me you thieving little hobbit!!! Ah, well, you did keep the ring safe for me, and the only fighting move I've mastered is "drop weapon and fall over backwards! :P:D

I forgot to mention earlier that I was planing on doing a joke thing with the book Frodo is reading in the shire. Like erm, he'd have an A-Z OF Middle Earth or a hobbiton yellow pages or something.

Or he could even be reading lotr! Or Harry Potter!!! :D:P

Or how about "Antiques and old things" by David Dickenhead *thanks to Kerrie's dad for that idea*

I'm liking having a place to come and ramble. Hmm what next. I know! How about a totally self indulgent picture of myself!

Dunno if I've posted this yet. Sorry if I have :P

mtdoom.jpg

Hey babyFRODO I'm here!! :D

Hows that orc armour coming along? Last time I saw it, it looked awsome! Can't belive Nickwise has got so far with her orc armour in so little time!?!

Dude, you gave me TWO lollipops already! Ooops better get started on that shirt for you. Haven't got any blue cotton though, will yellow do??

Where'd I go?

sommet happened and the thread didn't collapse like the Hindenrberg, excellent.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....*takes in deep breath*

babyFrodo, I sooo think you should be reading LOTR or Harry potter, or maybe a A-Z of the London Underground...and as for all the reports of shirt and yellow and that! I should have replied earlier but have been wallowing in a mist of weirdness, as what usually happens on occasion, and I am making no sense this morning so I will shut up. Precious.

Hey there Lara! *waves* (you should demand more lolipops)

ah, my orc armour, not that good, you wouldn't be jaw-dropping if you actually saw it. :P:wub: I made a pair of trousers now to attach rags and such and such too...I better get moving on that actually...

The photo is great! Frodo in Mordor, all...like...bleeding everywhere...

argh!! there was something I needed to do, but have completely forgotten. Darn my seive-like brain...

I have Sting, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, well, you can have it back when you say sorry for sending me away when you went off with that Gollum, he's a villain! I'm not always stuffing my face.... :D:rolleyes:

have more replying to do, will get round to that!

My chain mail came today!!!! I got it first class post from America for £16 (5000 links) yes, I have to put it all together....

*gets out pliers* :D

I have also got the go-ahead from the parents for project hobbit to go underway, so arrangements can be arranged without feeling of guilt... (yes I still have to ask my mum about these things, how very mature.)

*have lost pliers, damn.* :P

ok, I wil have more to report when I have actually done something, but anyways....

Lara, you are too kind, you have yet to see this 'jaw-dropping' abomination that is the orc armor. (ask for seven lollipops)

*waves to Naurarwen despite it being a few days since either of you were here....I must get to be faster in getting back.* :lol::lol:

:lol: Eight atemps at replying, could it be this is the one that will show up on the forum! B):D

*holds breath*

Can I be Agent Frodo in "project hobbit" :o

PS sorry about this post I'm having some trouble here. Bear with me please :lol:

aww, you poor thing. I hate it when posts have little games with you, just copy what you've written and paste it into wordpad or something, and then you don't have to keep re-writing, you can just keep pasting it into the comment box and hoping at one point it might work!!!

Can I be Agent Samwise? (likes this idea!) B):lol:

Have been finishing more armory bits and bobs today...why does this thing called work get in the way of spare time? hehehehehehehe. :D

So sorry about that!!!

Why do hobbits even have computors? :D:P

Um, you've all raced ahead of me, where shall I start?!

*indesicive* How about another self indulgent picture of m....no, perhaps not! ;)

Naurawen, I've got your emails and will ask Lara 'bout Troy. Sounds good.

Lara, um *blush* forget what I said last night, I had misread, Naurawen's email. Sorry to both of you. I feel really stupid right now *blush*

Still Lara, I've thought of a use for the yellow cotton. I've always fancied dressing up as a scary halloween banana! I have only given you one of the two lolipops promissed as payment. Any others you've received were simply a guesture of friendship :o

Nickwise, 7 lolipops!!! Shhh, don't give her ideas. Soon she'll want cherry 7up and sherbet :P

Oh Sam!:( I am so sorry about leaving you! I wasn't myself...the ring and everything. And I wouldn't mind if you *did* stuff your face full of lamnas, but I was so upset that you burnt that chicken!

More...

Any of you guys know how to style a wig properly.My has gone titsup only got it today to and it has this bloody parting. Maybe I should take it to a hair dressers or something. Ugh need to get the parting out, and the curles and after August cut it.

babyFrodo am going to email you again in a minute

Nauarwen, what is your wig made of? If its anything other than human hair, it won't style, it'll end up like Gertie. Gertie being evil possessed wig (sam hair lfacc)

I have a human hair Sam wig now for c6 that cost me around £40. If its roughly around that price it won't be artificial, where'd you buy it from?

babFrodo, will have to make copious reply material later, computer is wanted. Hobbits shouldn't 'ave 'em. Too technical... :D *hugs*

Seem to be having more luck now :P

So continuing where I left off,

Nickwise, now you're making me feel old! I got 24 years on the clock :o Still wouldn't serve me alcahol in excape at c5 though! Ah sober hobbit! I would have accepted parents ot liking the idea as a good excuse not to bother (very, very happy this isn't the case :D:lol::lol: !). I've had people back out because ... wait for it... the sky isn't blue enough! :o *prods Lara* :lol:

Agent Samwise? On you it works B):lol: (I'm gunna addthat to my sig - Project Hobbit - Agent Frodo!)

Oh, what Lara said on the orc armor btw! And good luck on the chain mail, I bet next to yours my orc armor will look cr@p!

Lara, my orc armor looks great! Thanks for asking. (very deliberately clashing with above, for humour porposes :P Off topic but I was reading "Running Quin" when I found some sketchs for a cartoon idea of yours scribbled down the side of a page. Do you remember "Attention Angus"? LOL! I'm not making this up.

See everyone soon (or sooner if I sptp something else I was meant to answer but have forgoten at this moment) x

Edited by babyFrodo

The wig costume me just over £20. It seems after sitting at home with water and a brush and a clip I managed to get the front of the wig back though. Luckily I saw the movie that the character is from at 8.30pm so I have more ideas of how to do it. Thing that is annoying is that it keeps changing.

babyFrodo if you go to Birmingham in August you'll get to see one of my super duper top secret costumes. :P

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Seem to be having more luck now :lol:

So continuing where I left off,

Nickwise, now you're making me feel old! I got 24 years on the clock :o Still wouldn't serve me alcahol in excape at c5 though! Ah sober hobbit! I would have accepted parents ot liking the idea as a good excuse not to bother (very, very happy this isn't the case :D:wub:B) !). I've had people back out because ... wait for it... the sky isn't blue enough! :wub: *prods Lara* :lol:

Agent Samwise? On you it works B):wub: (I'm gunna addthat to my sig - Project Hobbit - Agent Frodo!)

Oh, what Lara said on the orc armor btw! And good luck on the chain mail, I bet next to yours my orc armor will look cr@p!

Lara, my orc armor looks great! Thanks for asking. (very deliberately clashing with above, for humour porposes :P Off topic but I was reading "Running Quin" when I found some sketchs for a cartoon idea of yours scribbled down the side of a page. Do you remember "Attention Angus"? LOL! I'm not making this up.

See everyone soon (or sooner if I sptp something else I was meant to answer but have forgoten at this moment) x

Agent Frodo, calling agent Frodo.....can't find pliers...darn....*bail out! Bail out!!!* mayday, mayday....

sorry, don't quite know what I am on about, but I am planning to spend all morning (I work evenings, if people haven't guessed from the strange way I always seem to be around in the day....)

*that Nickwise, never goes out of the house, you know?* Well, not quite...

I am so adding this to my signature too.... :wub:

oh, the sky isn't blue enough, I'll have to stay at home from work today. ;) tut tut....(that did make me laugh) Did you know the word 'sky' is one of the hardest things to get in hangman? That was random, and unnecessary, but just try it on someone :D

I don't believe that your armor will look bad at all. If you've been working on it longer than me, and if its anything like any of your other costumes, it'll rock the chilterns!!!!

"Gandalf, they're trying to bring down the mountain!!!!"

"No, no, it's just the impact of that FANTASTIC Frodo costume, just duck when that pile of rock and snow....and...er...that wandering goat....falls toward you."

oooh, I have seen a sleepy icon, that I must use because it's so cute. oh no, wait, its a rolly-eye one...but I'll use it anyway because its cute-------> :D

ok, can anyone guess I was using too much white spirit this weekend, cleaning stuff?

only the giggly random waffling could tell....My dispenser has started to call me Frodo....I am sorry, but she said it was that or Bilbo despite me insisting I have never been a Baggins :angry: . But it is funny when she gets my attention in front of customers.... :lol:

I'll shut up now...ergh...and do some more research, what I was going to say, babyFrodo, if you are worried about train fares and that, I would gladly pay towards it! :D

*zips it* :wub:

I just got told off for using too many icons....

The wig costume me just over £20. It seems after sitting at home with water and a brush and a clip I managed to get the front of the wig back though. Luckily I saw the movie that the character is from at 8.30pm so I have more ideas of how to do it. Thing that is annoying is that it keeps changing.

babyFrodo if you go to Birmingham in August you'll get to see one of my super duper top secret costumes. :yoda:

I hope it goes ok! I'm sure, after countless hours spent styling it, it should look how you want it to.

Which reminds me, I have to cut ear-space in my wig. Otherwise I won't be big-pointy ear hobbit, just a mop-head. B)

Have been finishing more armory bits and bobs today...why does this thing called work get in the way of spare time? hehehehehehehe. :P

Ah, back again! So sorry about my disjointed prattle the other night ;) Hopefully me 'putor's friends with me again now!

I'm backtracking a little so I can reply to everything which I had wanted, but was unable to do so.

Nickwise has raised an interesting point here. I'm sure we all suffer from not having enough time in the day to really get loads done on our costumes. Well, I think I've found the anwser - every day at 2:15 listen to the afternoon play on radio four. Trust me 45 minutes *can* last an eternity!!!!

Wahhhh! Sorry everyone, just venting cuz I'm force fed 5 afternoon plays every week. Help me! :huh::lol:^_^

babyFrodo if you go to Birmingham in August you'll get to see one of my super duper top secret costumes. :D

I'm always at Birmingham! You know what I mean, I can't say cuz of showmasters *looks round shiftlely* So happy you'll be there :wub: Secret costume?... B) Bet you'll look great.

Ahh, b'ham. This is my show! Kerrie and I have being going for years and have earned ourself a little reputation as the Lara Croft and the hobbit who always turn up!

All from raiderquest generally meet up and go round as a group *really wanting nebula of zion (who's that? :lol: ) to join us*.

I'm also really hoping to see Marie there again, who gives great hugs and always seems to find the merry and pippin stuff!

Edited by babyFrodo

Agent Frodo, calling agent Frodo.....can't find pliers...darn....*bail out! Bail out!!!* mayday, mayday....

sorry, don't quite know what I am on about, but I am planning to spend all morning (I work evenings, if people haven't guessed from the strange way I always seem to be around in the day....)

*that Nickwise, never goes out of the house, you know?* Well, not quite...

I am so adding this to my signature too.... 

oh, the sky isn't blue enough, I'll have to stay at home from work today.  tut tut....(that did make me laugh) Did you know the word 'sky' is one of the hardest things to get in hangman? That was random, and unnecessary, but just try it on someone 

I don't believe that your armor will look bad at all. If you've been working on it longer than me, and if its anything like any of your other costumes, it'll rock the chilterns!!!!

"Gandalf, they're trying to bring down the mountain!!!!"

"No, no, it's just the impact of that FANTASTIC Frodo costume, just duck when that pile of rock and snow....and...er...that wandering goat....falls toward you."

oooh, I have seen a sleepy icon, that I must use because it's so cute. oh no, wait, its a rolly-eye one...but I'll use it anyway because its cute------->

ok, can anyone guess I was using too much white spirit this weekend, cleaning stuff?

only the giggly random waffling could tell....My dispenser has started to call me Frodo....I am sorry, but she said it was that or Bilbo despite me insisting I have never been a Baggins :unsure: . But it is funny when she gets my attention in front of customers....

I'll shut up now...ergh...and do some more research, what I was going to say, babyFrodo, if you are worried about train fares and that, I would gladly pay towards it!

*zips it* 

I just got told off for using too many icons....

Agent Frodo receiving!

*scan reads* pliers, sky, Gandalf *still scaning* dispensing the customers ( :P )...

What is she on about now?! Oh wait, I get it! It's writen in code!!!!

:lol:

what I was going to say, babyFrodo, if you are worried about train fares and that, I would gladly pay towards it!

How kind is that?! :wub: Aw, Nickwise you are so actually becoming Sam! Thanks. That's really touched me, ya know *hugs* :wub::wub: I should be okay cuz I can get cheep tickets as long as I get them at least 7 days in advance (a rule I forgot when traveling to c5 and found the tickets to be twice as much. won't be doing that again!). So as long as we plan adhead a little and not just decide to go tomorrow or something I will be fine. But I won't feel embarassed to ask should I need to.

Aw, see you're just to nice. :angel: Likewise you can look to me if you need any help. We can't lose Agent Sam for the sake of a couple of quid :P

Hope chain mail is going well. Not started mine yet but I don't foresee any problems (just wait though!) I'm not worried...really.....

'Ang on, should I really wear it if I'm gunna cause the mountains to crumble? That poor goat! Help Gandalf! I say we go though the mines of moria instead!

*I think I'm the hang of this writing in code business :D *

Edited by babyFrodo