Well this was a convention of highs and some lows for Me but the highs are far better.
1. The experience. Like last year I was happy with my photos and my experiences I got from getting autographs. I had a few diamond passes so that was handy in a sebse
2. The buzz - the place erupted when Tennant was announced. I was in Ray Parks photo queue trying to get a ticket!
3. The layout. Keeping it the same as years previous made it easier to know where photo shoots where.
4. The people - talking to people in queues was great and helped pass the time
5. Diamond pass pickups - quick as anything and just wished for a better lanyard. Who had trouble doing theirs? I helped a few out!
1. Lateness - ray park was over 30 mins late for his shoot on Friday, I had to get mine on Saturday as I had to run for tom baker to get his photo. He seemed to want to hang around which is great but when you get stressed you just want things done! This was also something that happened with Aly’s shoot on Sunday. I missed it as I was waiting for Matt smith to come back as I had a diamond pass for him and lucky was seen to when he came back. I got my signature but couldn’t purchase extra because of the lateness and someone in front of me wasn’t happy!
2. Shoots delayed - I had planned to get James Caan on the Sunday morning but had it moved to the afternoon. He didn’t seem to do a single morning shoot.
3. Clashes - who planned the doctors clashing with each other? Big fandoms like that should have a bit of time between each other.
4. Lack of queue organisation - the queue for tennants tardis shoot was abysmal. There was no communication and people where flustered and had no idea what was going on. Again with James Caan it was moved to the same time and I near missed it.
5. Queuing - to get in and the amount of snaking we needed to do was horrible. I feel last years queuing was far better than this years.
I met all the doctors i could in one weekend and thank Showmasters for doing this. It was a fun weekend and nothing is perfect but have a look at what the attendees said and see how you can improve on something we all love and look forward to attending again!